• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (10 Viewers)

bdude

HSC
I don't even know why I read this thread, I don't even work at Woolworths let alone go in there (except for today to buy a jar of vegemite)

Harry778

HSC
i swear this thread is about to descend into one giant orgy. not that i mind of course :p

yay, magazine online returns 2morrow, will let everybody know how it went.

also, what do peeps think of making this thread more global, i'm thinking of a "Bored of Woolworths" FB group? anybody be interested. that way we might get some more inside goss/views on new SCO's/etc
Lol, why would it turn into an orgy?

I will get a pic up soon of me in the vest. So glad I'm not closing tonight. Went in there at like 6.30 busy as!

bdude

HSC
* iSnack 2.0
actually, you're right. Mum told me to get the "Vegemite on special", and all I could see was the iSnack for $4.59, turns out there was regular vegemite near it, and that's what she wanted.

On a Woolworths-related note, I swear someone is sneaking Woolworths baskets into Coles and positioning them so the Woolworths logo is facing the customers. How else would they get there!?

SS-champion

HSC
what do peeps think of making this thread more global, i'm thinking of a "Bored of Woolworths" FB group? anybody be interested. that way we might get some more inside goss/views on new SCO's/etc
well I'd rather not have a facebook group because I like discusiing Woolworths discreetly on here! I wonder if anyone else at my store knows about it?

On a Woolworths-related note, I swear someone is sneaking Woolworths baskets into Coles and positioning them so the Woolworths logo is facing the customers. How else would they get there!?
Well at our store because we have the new black baskets they are no longer the same red ones that coles has but we continually order more basets and they slowly disappear and I'm always keeping an eye on people trying to take them out of the store (and stopping them) but where do they all go?

danberg

HSC
keep it here, methinks
340 pages.....thats pretty strong if u ask me, and not every1 has FB

RE: online magazine returns: i LOVE the idea, but how are the magazine companies going to know we're not jibbing them???

HSC
Contemplating whether I should apply for a job at a woolies that's 2nd closest to my house while theres a job posting... or wait for a job ad for a woolies that's closer to my house.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
i'm really gonna miss tearing covers off magazines at 11:30pm at night…*sarcasm*

i also agree with with danberg…facebook would just be creepy and hard to manage.

Did you get that SDA special edition on bitching about the workplace online? lol, this thread is the exact epitome of what it was trying to stop!
yeah, i think one of my managers photocopied/laminated that article and posted it throughout the staffroom, lockers, etc. i don't really think we're bitching...

So fb group? Or keep it cliquey here.
perhaps members could link their facebook profiles to their BOS accounts. keeping this stuff here adds to its mysteriousness/keeps it interesting…

...my two cents…

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, mystique is good actually. Also, don't get too excited, still have to rip covers off magazines

danberg

HSC
Yeah, mystique is good actually. Also, don't get too excited, still have to rip covers off magazines
ohhhhhhhhhhhh
i already got all excited about it, i was considering burning the first pile of mags that i didnt hav to rip off!
-and no, we're not bitching, we're assisting fellow members of our mighty organisation and finding resolutions to areas of difficulty using effective collaboration!

edit: lol, just googled 'woolworths bitching'- THIS IS NUMBER ONE
if michael luscombe ever googles it, hopefully he'll listen to the recommended S/S tips and not read the rest

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ohhhhhhhhhhhh
i already got all excited about it, i was considering burning the first pile of mags that i didnt hav to rip off!
-and no, we're not bitching, we're assisting fellow members of our mighty organisation and finding resolutions to areas of difficulty using effective collaboration!

edit: lol, just googled 'woolworths bitching'- THIS IS NUMBER ONE
if michael luscombe ever googles it, hopefully he'll listen to the recommended S/S tips and not read the rest
well it is also number 1 for Woolworths SCO problems

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeahhh, I personally don't like the idea of making this a FB thing.
I like the BoS atmosphere.

bdude

HSC
Well at our store because we have the new black baskets they are no longer the same red ones that coles has but we continually order more basets and they slowly disappear and I'm always keeping an eye on people trying to take them out of the store (and stopping them) but where do they all go?
We have Black baskets, and so do Woolworths.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Did anybody see two-weeks ago's The Force - Behind the Line episode?
A guy was caught shoplifting from Woolworths and turned out he worked there.

He lost his job.

(100 posts)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)