The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

bdude

HSC
we've got the britex/rug doctor things but they're kept way out the back but you do still get a few people hiring them and they are advertised on the in-store radio (this is at coles)

jirwin

HSC
we've got the britex/rug doctor things but they're kept way out the back but you do still get a few people hiring them and they are advertised on the in-store radio (this is at coles)
same although I don't remember hearing it on the radio although can't really hear the radio in store most times. Our's used to be kept out the front but they were moved for some reason. we have signs advertising them at the service desk.

bensneddon

HSC
All those cheap 60c rolls into one button I hope!
Very unlikely I'd say. It would affect the bakery production planner. If all the varieties of rolls came under one reference number, how would they know how many of each variety to produce each day in order to meet store demand?

Re britex/rug doctor... hate those things with a passion. I assisting customers hiring them out - just palm it off to my smokeshop ops or my supervisors :p

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
Has anyone had any expierience, good or bad, with the WECU?

Decent experience, I got a loan from them which I payed off decently, I think the interest rates are slightly better than most other banks.

I also get my pay split between my main account (Commbank) and my WECU account, the wecu money is there at about 8 or nine tuesday night as opposed to not til wednesday morning for the commbank.

Only real hassle was having to fax or mail everything, ie activation for new credit card needs faxing.

Also, no fees for regular banking, I don't think I've even had any overdrawing fees, which i've done a few times.

Are you thinking of banking with them?

HSC
Doing 11-10 on thursday, supervising on my own from 4. it might just kill me, the last time i did a shift of comparable length i was at least able to hide in smokeshop.

Ooooh why you going to Melbourne?
no particular reason, just coz. partially funded by my mother for my birthday :D

Please allocate one day to visit all us Melbourne Safeway phoke :p :D
I will be sure to visit a few safeway stores for you phoke. i'll report back with the stores i visited and what i bought, haha. hell, i might just even upload my receipts.

:pirate:

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
I will be sure to visit a few safeway stores for you phoke. i'll report back with the stores i visited and what i bought, haha. hell, i might just even upload my receipts.
sounds cool...most stores still have safeway branding on them, except mine which was rebranded as Woolworths with the refurb was completed in early February.
the only reminder of the great name is on the trolley handles and at the bottom of the receipt: 'thank you for shopping a Safeway'.
it would be great if you could take a photo of the front of the store that you visit.

Otacon2009

HSC
Has anyone noticed that you need to log in twice to cancel a bagging error?

groovygirl

HSC
Re Groovy Girl working 6 hrs without a break - You need to remind who ever is supervising you about your breaks, because at times when it is super busy it is easy for them to forget. You must take your breaks, the last thing they want is a staff member fainting on them. (I almost done that once, was working Produce by myself went my entire 8 hour shift without eating or stopping once, started to feel all dizzy, wasn't very nice)

well like yesterday my CSM called me in to work from 1pm until 10pm. i was 5 mins late cos the bus came late but i rang my CSM to let her know why i might be late and started 1:10pm and i got my break around 5:30 which i begged my supervisor like 5 - 10 times until they gave me my 1hr break. I just made it to the food court to get hungry jacks and back and the westfields guy was closing off the access to the food court with the white gate. I demanded my break cos my feet were killing me and it was above 5 hours but i got another break around 8ish so yeah asking them for a break ( not like me to ask for a break) made me feel bad for asking for one instead of my supervisor giving me a break time. By the time we closed our store and cleaned and counted and packed eveything it was nearly 11pm and our store closed at 10pm

im a being selfish about saying yes tolast minute extra shifts?

groovygirl

HSC
Selfish? No, I'd say you're being selfless!
what do you mean by selfless?

let me explain why im confused and angry

my CSM deleted/canceled my sunday shift like 3 days ago and yesterday she rang me if i can do the exact same hours as the shift she cancelled like wtf but i said yes and came, i have worked 5 days straight and now next week im not working till next weekend and their is a possible chance they will ring me tomorrow or tuesday or wednesday, i do need a break from work too like im casual and just because ive just finished my hsc exams and finished school for good they are calling me in every day that im not rostered on but i say yes cos im too selfish thinking about the money not my actual service

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Well that is all part of being a casual - Your shifts are casual and you will be in the list of operators to call if they need someone else/someone cancels a shift. Unfortunately that is the way it works with shift work.

You keep talking about being selfish - Why on earth do you think you are being selfish by working? There is absolutely no reason to feel selfish, you are just doing your job, and coming up to Christmas, yes you will be working longer, and harder so there is no time for you to feel selfish.

Break from work - I'm working 45 hour weeks atm with my manager away, hell yes I could do with a break too but I know that I can't because the Store Manager is relying on me to see the department through til she gets back.

Why your CSM cancelled your shift and then reoffered it to you, I have no idea why, and maybe Townie can enlighten that a little

groovygirl

HSC
Well that is all part of being a casual - Your shifts are casual and you will be in the list of operators to call if they need someone else/someone cancels a shift. Unfortunately that is the way it works with shift work.

You keep talking about being selfish - Why on earth do you think you are being selfish by working? There is absolutely no reason to feel selfish, you are just doing your job, and coming up to Christmas, yes you will be working longer, and harder so there is no time for you to feel selfish.

Break from work - I'm working 45 hour weeks atm with my manager away, hell yes I could do with a break too but I know that I can't because the Store Manager is relying on me to see the department through til she gets back.

Why your CSM cancelled your shift and then reoffered it to you, I have no idea why, and maybe Townie can enlighten that a little
i understand what you are saying. I know what you mean. i thought it just goes by the rostered on hours and they add extra hours when my CSM asks me to stay back till 10pm. i dont know whether my hours will be changed or ill be fired when i get accepted into Uni for next year cos i dont know the class times or the days ill be attending uni.

i feel selfish because im thinking and dreaming of the money during my shift whilst im serving customers. this is so bad but its tempting to think about the extra cash far im such an idiot.

my CSM relies on me for extra shifts, its good cos they know they can rely on me cos i never say no only if something has come up like family wise then ill say no. My CSM rings me when im sleeping to call me in and i hardly get much sleep at night cos working late keeps me up.

maybe yeah but shes nice she helps me when eftpos machine broken down and re installised. only one time i didnt turn up for a shift which i felt 10 times worse for getting the days mixed up but other than that minor issue my CSM relies on my availability

I was saying you're selfless because you're putting the company before yourself :)
me putting money before my own relaxation and day off work. i was planning to sleep whole day yesterday so that didnt go to plan. But im really happy my CSM wanted me to work on a busy day like yesterday :) and they called someone into fix the slowest register that i was on so i was happy that it wasnt slow anymore :)

Last edited:

SS-champion

HSC
Very unlikely I'd say. It would affect the bakery production planner. If all the varieties of rolls came under one reference number, how would they know how many of each variety to produce each day in order to meet store demand?
All rolls are under the same button now and all pastries etc. My bakery manager said they don't actually look at whick types were sold when deciding how many to make each day. I assume the just count how many are left at the end of each day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)