• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Why dont you try getting new numbers? When entering someone into the register system to you have to have your DOB attatched to it? I'm guessing so because is that the only thing stopping you from signing onto it?

And just get the CSM to put in a different DOB that makes you 16/18+?
Yeah I will try all this when I'm working with my favorite DM hehe. Other's who can use StoreLine may not take my suggestions so nicely.

bensneddon

HSC
Why dont you try getting new numbers? When entering someone into the register system to you have to have your DOB attatched to it? I'm guessing so because is that the only thing stopping you from signing onto it?

And just get the CSM to put in a different DOB that makes you 16/18+?
You do not have to enter DOB when creating a front end user. DOB etc is stored in People Planner.

The only restriction on which users can sign on to which registers is the 'Link user to checkout bank' feature. Eg, you can restrict to Standard checkout, express, smokeshop, liquor, self serve, bakery, homeshop

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
@Craven:
I also believe that if you are constantly being flexxed you are entitled to ask for your average weekly hrs as a new core roster (avg over a 12 mth period).
^this is correct. I was on a 10 hour contract and demanded a 21 hour contract from my manager (as I'd averaged about 21-22 hours/week over the prev year). This was about a month or so ago.... somewhat wasteful seeing as I then turned around and got myself a f/t contract but hey :p

Also...wixxy2348, thats a nice photo of your store. Was it taken recently? I feel strange taking photos incase there is some sort of official policy regarding flash photography.
Not sure when it was taken... some time in June/July perhaps? I didn't take it myself, lol.

mlee72

HSC
You do not have to enter DOB when creating a front end user. DOB etc is stored in People Planner.

The only restriction on which users can sign on to which registers is the 'Link user to checkout bank' feature. Eg, you can restrict to Standard checkout, express, smokeshop, liquor, self serve, bakery, homeshop
The DOB fields and address in storeline must be kept blank. Just follow bensneddonn's instructions (btw u got the terminology right) if ur CSM can't do it surely ur office cashier could

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Indeed, thanks.
And whilst we're mucking around with it, we'll create another account and see how that works out aswell. If we can find nothing wrong with mine, and the new account works, we'll just remove my current one and i'll use new numbers.

bensneddon

HSC
The DOB fields and address in storeline must be kept blank. Just follow bensneddonn's instructions (btw u got the terminology right) if ur CSM can't do it surely ur office cashier could
Ah so sad that I know that off the top of my head :p

It is a bit of a worry that a CSM can't do that though. But SSA/SSM definitely should know how.

InAShallowGrave

HSC
Evening all, I start my first *training* shift tomorrow (checkout). I have just a few questions for the board.

1) I'm an asthmatic, and today I've spent most of it relying on my puffer. Are we allowed to have puffers with us on checkout?

2) Mints. Are we allowed to have them on us to eat during out shifts?

3) I'm going to have the 30/12/09 - 14/1/10 to travel to Cairns(actually its a travel to Cairns, Travel back home then my mum goes into hospital). When I applied for this job I wrote this down, in the Group interview I also wrote this down on my availability. Tomorrow I'm going to write it down in the journal that they have and tell my buddy (which will be one of my supervisor peoples). Can they fire me for have 2 weeks off during the probation period/give me no hours? or because I wrote it down on my availability will nothing happen?

4) Should I order another shirt now or just wait until the new shirts are announced and stuffs?

Thanks guys :)

bensneddon

HSC
Does anybody know anything about the new Total Image badges? According to the Total Image website, delivery started today.

Craven

HSC
oooh, got to start planning rosters for christmas week soon
we got told that as boxing day is a normal day if you normally work saturday you WILL be working boxing day.. i'm like get stuffed!!!

Yeah, I know that you can ask for a new contract with average hours from past year but I never had a set contract to begin with lol. But my CSM reckons after Christmas she is gonna start making permanent contracts... so I will ask for a FT one then, if she doesn't have the hours for me (I'm still getting random office shifts, I'd rather them over Operator shifts) but if not I'll ask my STM for grocery hours or something, lol. He's the best STM! I'm really sad he hasn't been given his own store yet, but those AMs are pretty cliquey.

groovygirl

HSC
will my DM get mad if i swap a shift on saturday night to a day shift? im scared of approaching my DM or 2ic :(

twelvemonths

HSC
Probably, unless you've got plenty of staff to cover it.

Here's a suggestion (and a question to everyone else: does this work?): if you find someone else (suitably trained, of course) to cover the shift, can you just go ahead and swap?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
we got told that as boxing day is a normal day if you normally work saturday you WILL be working boxing day.. i'm like get stuffed!!!
You can tell them to get stuffed. They can't force you to work on a public holiday, period.

twelvemonths said:
Here's a suggestion (and a question to everyone else: does this work?): if you find someone else (suitably trained, of course) to cover the shift, can you just go ahead and swap?
By all means find your own replacement but you must still let your manager know.

townie said:
oooh, got to start planning rosters for christmas week soon
Wow you guys got off lightly! By November 20th we had to have the next 6 weeks planned!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)