• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Craven

HSC
^ lol, now if only the AM walked in, priceless... sometimes I have felt I needed a break or else I'd collapse so have given someone my numbers and told them to call me back if they need me but yeah... normally I don't have a teabreak when I'm on service @ night. I like how kids complain that their teabreak is late when it's busy.. well at least you're getting one...

twelvemonths

HSC
no, not 'at least you're getting one'. The SDA agreement says that you must get a tea break, no matter how busy it is, after a specified time, etc. No ifs or buts! The SDA agreement are the rules you go by and if it's made known that you're not giving breaks to people because it's busy you could get in to a lot of trouble with the SDA.

Craven

HSC
no, not 'at least you're getting one'. The SDA agreement says that you must get a tea break, no matter how busy it is, after a specified time, etc. No ifs or buts! The SDA agreement are the rules you go by and if it's made known that you're not giving breaks to people because it's busy you could get in to a lot of trouble with the SDA.
they are within the timeframes stipulated in the eba.

its just the little shits that go "oh it's too early.. i want it later" and then it gets busy and they ask right when there's 5 customers lined up if they can go.. i'm like too fucking bad, should have gone earlier.

Last edited:

twelvemonths

HSC
ok. I took your post to mean 'be thankful you're getting a teabreak at all, as i'm just being generous by giving you one'. thanks for clearing that up

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hahahahahaha I wish I took my breaks when I am meant to. There's not enough hours in the day to sit down & do nothing. Even if I am taking a 2 minute break I'll go and sit on the computer in the staff room to do some work.

Otacon2009

HSC
Apparently we don't take breaks according to the printed rosters, it's all up to the supervisor's discretion. Is that because People Planner automatically calculates but doesn't reflect on the factors that would affect the supervisor's decision?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Well we use a different rostering program to People Planner, but when our CSM plans for breaks etc the Supers pretty much stick to that otherwise one person going late to a break can cause a domino effect with the rest.

But maybe that's just us :p

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Apparently we don't take breaks according to the printed rosters, it's all up to the supervisor's discretion. Is that because People Planner automatically calculates but doesn't reflect on the factors that would affect the supervisor's decision?
Are you talking about meal breaks or fifteen minute breaks? The latter aren't on any roster, we decide when people need to go, but it has to be within the normal requirements for whatever shift you're doing, e.g. no-one sends someone on break with half an hour to go.

Meal breaks are set on the roster and are usually given at the set time unless a large amount of people are set to go at the same time, when we might change it by half an hour or more.

Last edited:

jirwin

HSC
it depends on who is supervising as to whether we get our breaks on time. i've known someone to go within the last 30min of her break but that doesnt happen very often and she was actually happy she got her break so late cos it meant only 15min left once she returned. another guy the other week took his break 15min before finishing.

I prefer my breaks as late as possible (so usually don't mind when they forget about me). I really dislike them earlier then the roster says (but that rarely happens).

Harry778

HSC
My CSM says that we always MUST go by what is printed on the Grids. Appaz he plans it all out so that when someone goes to lunch, someone is starting or its a quiet period. But I know its different at other stores..like my old we...it was up to us when they went.

bensneddon

HSC
Lunch breaks must be taken according to the grids. That's the whole point of dynamic rostering... right people, right place, right time. If you ignore the grids, then you won't get the balance.

Also, in WA, the EBA stipulates that staff need to be given their meal break according to what is printed on the wall roster the week before.

brookie94

HSC
PLEASE HELP lol its urgent like right now i need an answer! lol
if i am a size 20 in the spotless current shirts (its got a a bit od space so its comfy) then is it right that i would be about a size 14 in the new total image shirts

THANKYOU

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
e.g. no-one sends someone on break with half an hour to go.
My newbie supervisor forgot that I was on a 7 hour shift, so I got all my breaks in the last three hours. My 15, 30, 15. It was great tbh. I was going on break every hour, and had a break 15 minutes before I finished.

:cool:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
PLEASE HELP lol its urgent like right now i need an answer! lol
if i am a size 20 in the spotless current shirts (its got a a bit od space so its comfy) then is it right that i would be about a size 14 in the new total image shirts

THANKYOU
Hmm really depends on how much space you have I guess.
One of the ladies off front end is a 16 in spotless and a 12-14 in TI...
I went from about a 12-14 in spotless to a 10-12 in TI.

HSC
melbz was fantastic. not enough time there for sure, definitely going back soon.

makes me realise i DO NOT want to live in perth forever. no fucking way.

Hmm really depends on how much space you have I guess.
One of the ladies off front end is a 16 in spotless and a 12-14 in TI...
I went from about a 12-14 in spotless to a 10-12 in TI.
i'm the same. wearing a 12 currently in spotless (though probably SHOULD have a 14), but will probably get a 10 in TI.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Melbourne is quite cool. I've never been to Perth...to expensive to get there. Looks nice. Warm. Isolated.

HSC
Melbourne is quite cool. I've never been to Perth...to expensive to get there. Looks nice. Warm. Isolated.
There's lots to like about Perth, don't get me wrong. I live in quite a coastal area further out from the city, so its a very relaxed vibe. I think I just want something different. I lol'd at the Qantas "What to do in Perth segment" - they were really stretching it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)