The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Went to a coles store today that had self serve registers. Personally, I found them MUCH easier to operate compared to the ones we have. They were NCR registers, the coins and notes go down below the scanner, and the mechanism for accepting change is different (its like a bowl rather than a slot). Anyway, I actually enjoyed using them.
I think thats because there is a new model of the SCOs out (now called NCR SelfServ Checkout not NCR FastLane) NCR SelfServ Checkout

wonder if Woolies will now be installing these ones, or they have a contract with NCR to continue to install the old model? (it actually doesn't exist on NCR's website anymore)

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
RTC is in sup menu, and everyone can do no sale as long as its not in training mode.
RTC used to be in the operators menu though, and they wouldnt completely change the privileges system just for RTC. Hence maybe when it was an operator thing, used to be a level 2 priv?
Maybe was the same deal with Quantities?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
No, it's not smokeshop, that has nothing to do with the numbers afaik.
I have 1+2, and I couldn't log into any s/s (smokeshop) computers. The checkout bank controls linkage to smokeshop computers.
Idk what 2 is, but 3 is definitely supervision.

Craven

HSC
1 is Trainee.
2 is Normal.
3 is Supervisor.
4 is Manager.

I'm pretty sure 1 just has a lower threshold for control checks than 2 (like things that normally a level 2 person can do without problems will bring up a control check). Anyways, it's defunct - all operators should have 1 & 2 ticked.

Craven

HSC
look it up on storenet. maintaining users or something (they make it so hard to find crap on there).

BSammy

HSC
Monday morning yet again. Time to hope the WBS doesn't need fixing, and to find out if we've totally blown our wage budget.

Question to all the office cashiers (or SSAs now) who do the cash office monday morning routine.
Do you do it alone? or does one person come in for the WBS and then the other for payroll or something like that?

I think most of the stores around me just have the one person, yet we've always done it with two, I start early for the WBS.
However in February, our head cashier is on holidays so for a month i will be running the cash office, and will be doing Mondays on my own.
Any tips or hints to get everything done more efficiently?

Harry778

HSC
Wow last night was busy. Pretty much from 5pm to close (10pm)
Didnt get out till 11.30...nothing unusual.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Today at work I set up a POS ID for a long life girl who had recently been register trained.
I knew to only tick boxes 1 & 2 and to link Smoke shop and Registers to her checkout bank.
Out of curiosity I checked what other staff members had and I noticed that CSM, 2IC, 3IC and other department managers only had boxes 1, 2 & 3 ticked, whereas SM, STM and SSM had 1, 2, 3 & 4.
I know that box 3 gives access to the supervision privileges, but does anyone know what box 4 gives access too, let alone boxes 5-8.
Yes Craven is correct. However nowhere in the 'Maintaining Front End Users' manual does it tell you what anything above four is (or any other number for that matter). I have number 4 as well because my CSM had no idea what she was doing when she set me up. My SM is so hopeless at training me as duty, the only thing he told me was how to set the alarm and lock the door, and to check all departments before leaving. If an alarm went off of their was a product withdrawal or anything I would have no idea what to do, and he didn't teach me how to do pick ups, put money in the safe etc, so I got the girl doing Sunday night SSA to teach me.

I had a nightmare last night that i went back into the shop at midnight to do something and all these customers came in to get groceries and refused to leave and i tried to call the police but my vision was all blurred, then i screamed at them and told them they were breaking the law, but they all left when they realised there was no money in the tils.

Craven

HSC
Monday morning yet again. Time to hope the WBS doesn't need fixing, and to find out if we've totally blown our wage budget.

Question to all the office cashiers (or SSAs now) who do the cash office monday morning routine.
Do you do it alone? or does one person come in for the WBS and then the other for payroll or something like that?

I think most of the stores around me just have the one person, yet we've always done it with two, I start early for the WBS.
However in February, our head cashier is on holidays so for a month i will be running the cash office, and will be doing Mondays on my own.
Any tips or hints to get everything done more efficiently?
Whenever I do the morning routine I work 6-11 with the other lady working 6-4. As I'm still not payroll trained I only do the cash management (and the systems side if things are going well, lol) while she does payroll. And then another lady (who used to be the systems operator) starts at 8, lol.

Yes Craven is correct. However nowhere in the 'Maintaining Front End Users' manual does it tell you what anything above four is (or any other number for that matter). I have number 4 as well because my CSM had no idea what she was doing when she set me up. My SM is so hopeless at training me as duty, the only thing he told me was how to set the alarm and lock the door, and to check all departments before leaving. If an alarm went off of their was a product withdrawal or anything I would have no idea what to do, and he didn't teach me how to do pick ups, put money in the safe etc, so I got the girl doing Sunday night SSA to teach me.

I had a nightmare last night that i went back into the shop at midnight to do something and all these customers came in to get groceries and refused to leave and i tried to call the police but my vision was all blurred, then i screamed at them and told them they were breaking the law, but they all left when they realised there was no money in the tils.
I would say because Storeline isn't just for Woolworths that they are other restriction levels that other companies might want to set but are not necessary for us. Also maybe AUDIT or IT have settings 5-8.

Harry778

HSC
Went to a coles store today that had self serve registers. Personally, I found them MUCH easier to operate compared to the ones we have. They were NCR registers, the coins and notes go down below the scanner, and the mechanism for accepting change is different (its like a bowl rather than a slot). Anyway, I actually enjoyed using them. Hope Coles are planning on rolling them out to every store. I've heard that they are still only trialing them...but not sure.

Also, drew up my store:

EDIT: BTW Aisle 12 is the freezer
What program did you use to draw your store?

SS-champion

HSC
I think thats because there is a new model of the SCOs out (now called NCR SelfServ Checkout not NCR FastLane) NCR SelfServ Checkout

wonder if Woolies will now be installing these ones, or they have a contract with NCR to continue to install the old model? (it actually doesn't exist on NCR's website anymore)
The way the new ones work is very similar to the current Woolworths ones.

The ease of use all depends on the software!!!!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
...I noticed that CSM, 2IC, 3IC and other department managers only had boxes 1, 2 & 3 ticked, whereas SM, STM and SSM had 1, 2, 3 & 4.
I know that box 3 gives access to the supervision privileges, but does anyone know what box 4 gives access too, let alone boxes 5-8.
1 is Trainee.
2 is Normal.
3 is Supervisor.
4 is Manager.

I'm pretty sure 1 just has a lower threshold for control checks than 2 (like things that normally a level 2 person can do without problems will bring up a control check). Anyways, it's defunct - all operators should have 1 & 2 ticked.
Lol, SM in my store doesn't have anything more than regular operators.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Also, pretty good day at work today, got everything done early.

Got trained in how to use the new "Bakery Dough Calculator" (p much some new program on Storenet which makes us enter the scheduled production for EVERY item on the bakery production planner, so that it can calculate how many bags of flour the bakers need to use -_- Waste of time imho (with heaps of issues already!!) but hey.

My manager let me do Corecomms without supervising and I was all :) as usually he stands over my shoulder reading everything himself :p

I got asked to be the store's eco ambassador, because the lady who is it now has the shits with management as they won't let her attend the weekly manager's meeting she's meant to attend, and they won't show her how to read corecomms, AND won't give her time off registers to actually DO anything.

And I burnt the fuck out of my hand on a hot bread tin, ouch :( so little use of my middle, ring and little fingers on my right hand :( SO sore!

BSammy

HSC
Whenever I do the morning routine I work 6-11 with the other lady working 6-4. As I'm still not payroll trained I only do the cash management (and the systems side if things are going well, lol) while she does payroll. And then another lady (who used to be the systems operator) starts at 8, lol.
yeah, i usually do that, i have from 6-12 but i usually start at least a half hour early, so i'm not rushed the get all the pick ups done i want to do before front end turns up.

i also finish that stuff by about 9am usually and help out with the payroll stuff.

but during february i'll be working on the mondays from about 5:30am til 4:30pm as i'll be on my own for the cash and payroll stuff.
the best part about that is that the second monday in february is a public holiday (for southern tasmania only i think, our regatta day) which means big money for me, yay!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
our SSO does payroll and WBS and stuff herself,but then payroll is only 59 employees, so not too difficult.

My advice for getting it all done: remember, office doesnt have to be finalised by open of trade (PoS locking doesnt even need to be done by open either anymore), but lastpay.mac MUST be run before 10am (AEST), and your fucked if you dont, so always prioritise payroll over everything else if WBS hasnt balanced or whatever.

Also, there is a new folder in Storenet (Sore Services / Weekly Balancing Summary i THINK) which has ALL the information on how to balance the WBS yourself without needing to call the SSS in most cases.

ALSO! MY LAST SHIFT AS CSM TODAY! i almost cried, it's like the end of an era

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)