The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

BSammy

HSC
Sorry, I thought you did. My mistake.
No, that's me that lives in Hobart, I'm at the store they are doing homeshop at.
And this is the first week of my relief as head cash officer, so i get to deal with all the crap that comes along with it, new staff members, DMs complaining about homeshop stealing their staff members. etc etc.

I need a holiday :p

EDIT: I'm wondering if it's possible to order a small amount of groceries, and have them delivered to the cash office while i'm in there. I am tempted to try this., ie, a few chocolate bars and some coke. or fruit or something.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Ridiculous!

A policy that came out a few months ago is only just being enforced in our store, and it really sucks. Basically our wastebin is only opened 3 times a day, for 5 minutes. The Duty Manager unlocks it, stands there and looks at everything you put in there. So if you miss out on the bin being open, tough.
Australia has had that policy since i started working at Woolies. I don't see the problem with it. At my store it's sort of necessary because if the bin door is opened without the duty managers keys it sets of the alarms.

When I'm on Duty i usually just give someone from the Deli the keys and they do it.
We call them Service 80s :)
And yeah in my experience they call it anywhere between one and three times daily, depending on how full the bins are (i.e. if they are very full they will often only call ONE and fit in as much as possible :vcross: WE ARE THE FURTHEST DEPARTMENT FROM THE BINS :vcross: SO WE MISS OUT :vcross:)

The generally last up to about 10 minutes.
Our store started enforcing it coz otherwise people were coming and stealing from in the bins :evilfire:

bdude

HSC
Are your bins outside? Ours are kept inside in a weird split-level garage-type-thing.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Ours are kept inside our back yard and are only ever outside in the car park at Christmas time and when they are being emptied.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Ours are outside, on the dock (where the trucks enter).
We have two doors/scissor lifts at the dock, and one of the spots where the trucks can park has the bins there (as we never have two trucks being unloaded at once).

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Our binz are also outside, and locked. We have to go outside and walk down a staircase to get to them as our store sort of sticks out into the air. You'd be surprised at how many Woolies' don't lock their bins at all.

Yeah when my friend was moving into this dump of a house we used to make quick dashes to supermarket dumpsters in broad daylight and then hoon off at high speed.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Our binz are also outside, and locked. We have to go outside and walk down a staircase to get to them as our store sort of sticks out into the air. You'd be surprised at how many Woolies' don't lock their bins at all.

Yeah when my friend was moving into this dump of a house we used to make quick dashes to supermarket dumpsters in broad daylight and then hoon off at high speed.
Don't you feel.... dirty? :/

PyroTek

HSC
We just get the keys and walk out.. simple as that, our bins are kept in the car park.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Everyone at my store knows where the spare store keys are kept (in the general office) and it's easy enough to walk in there and grab them, which we used to do before this 'policy'.

bdude

HSC
What, about putting your rubbish in someone else's bin? Um, no, you just poke the bags in and off you go. Woolworths/Coles can afford it I'm sure.
In Burnie a business owner called the cops on a girl because she put her McDonald's bag into his business' bin

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
What, about putting your rubbish in someone else's bin? Um, no, you just poke the bags in and off you go. Woolworths/Coles can afford it I'm sure.
OH I thought we'd reverted to eating out of the Woolies bins again!
I was struggling to see how this related to helping someone move into their home but anyway! :p
Now that that's cleared up! >_<

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Lol.
Any department can go to the backdock and put rubbish in at ANY time. They just jump on the P.A and say "keys to the back dock", then person with the keys runs them up.

Simple :p
i dont think ours is actually locked lol... ive never seen it locked. every time ive gone to put rubbish in there, its just open. hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)