The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Let your Produce Manager know...Man if a Duty manager (or anyone else) directed one of my staff members to another department to do something (except Checkouts/express) I would be so angry.
Well they shouldn't afaik. I am my DM's "ends" bitch, my CSM and 3IC were VERY clear about me not doing them, but I still do anyway. Basically they are his responsibility apparently, no anybody elses (aside from grocery which idk, probably their job to help out)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Well they shouldn't afaik. I am my DM's "ends" bitch, my CSM and 3IC were VERY clear about me not doing them, but I still do anyway. Basically they are his responsibility apparently, no anybody elses (aside from grocery which idk, probably their job to help out)
Oh sometime's I think our DM's are a law unto themselves...Especially past 7pm, it's like the moon makes an appearance and they all turn crazy o_O

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Good job dude, compliments feel amazing especially when you're having a crapola day, really makes the difference.
Any tips?
Tips for what? Having a good day?

omgz we had the biggest issue with "too many chiefs, not enough indians" today. its rare that we have these issues, but when our csm isn't there, its a big problem.
Oh an excellent phrase!

Oh sometime's I think our DM's are a law unto themselves...Especially past 7pm, it's like the moon makes an appearance and they all turn crazy o_O
Hey remember it's us who get our asses whooped in the morning when the shop isn't faced or some department is messy or we got out too late or whatever, DMs are just trying to make sure that everything that needs to be done is done with the staff allocated to them. If i ever use departmental staff for an excessive amount of time I always tell that employee to direct their line manager to me so that they don't get in trouble.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Ohhhh......

1. Be nice to everyone unless they are annoying or need to be told off
2. Prioritise customers and bells before all else
3. Be organised with breaks, lunches and homes

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hey remember it's us who get our asses whooped in the morning when the shop isn't faced or some department is messy or we got out too late or whatever, DMs are just trying to make sure that everything that needs to be done is done with the staff allocated to them. If i ever use departmental staff for an excessive amount of time I always tell that employee to direct their line manager to me so that they don't get in trouble.
That's not really the point. The point is that if produce is paying for an employee to be in produce, they expect them to be in produce. Like for example if ever someone from Produce is on checkout (express) for more than 15 minutes we always make c/o pay for their time.

Also the hard thing is we hardly ever know if someone diverts to another department unless they tell us, which they don't, so therefore we've just paid an hour for them in produce when really they were facing the shelves.

The bottom line is, anything outside the "boundaries" of produce, we (As in me and my manager) don't give a shit. That is practically the same with every department...We aren't 'one' store, we are just 8 separate department stores under the same roof.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
That's not really the point. The point is that if produce is paying for an employee to be in produce, they expect them to be in produce. Like for example if ever someone from Produce is on checkout (express) for more than 15 minutes we always make c/o pay for their time.

Also the hard thing is we hardly ever know if someone diverts to another department unless they tell us, which they don't, so therefore we've just paid an hour for them in produce when really they were facing the shelves.

The bottom line is, anything outside the "boundaries" of produce, we (As in me and my manager) don't give a shit. That is practically the same with every department...We aren't 'one' store, we are just 8 separate department stores under the same roof.
Well we are given our orders by the SM and so unless they start caring then you'll just have to live with it.:love: Plus if you don't know if someone gets diverted to another department unless they tell you then they've obviously managed to get everything done therefore there's not too much of an issue.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Oh don't you worry, if our SM ever pulled a stunt like that he would quickly be pulled back into line :D

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
Just wondering, when receiving loads, what does it mean to Post the load or not? What is it and why/why not do it?
When you post the load you are accepting the load into the system that day and your stock counts will be available in the system straight away. If you don't post the load it will download into the system over night and your stock counts will be in the system the next day.

All loads get received but the posting is dependent on what it is - e.g. The rule of thumb is to post the produce, meat, freezer and perishable loads that day. Longlife, Sydney and/or Melbourne get received but not posted (goes into system overnight).

Cigarettes get posted that day also but need to be scanned individually on the RF gun...pain in the arse!

And why do we have to do it that way? I think it has something to do with claims.

Last edited:

PyroTek

HSC
Thanks TG.
So why don't they post longlife? is it because there is just too much and it would slow things down?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
lordtopcat, are DMs disappearing in NZ soon too?

iMathew, how do you still have a DM?!

Kinda weird but cool no longer having DMs at work.... STRANGE turning up to start at 3.30 am and finding the SM still there having done the night shift starting 3 pm the previous day!!!

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Also.

New EBA: no more waiting til 21 for senior rate of pay, you jump to the old "21 years+" rate of pay at 20 :)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
lordtopcat, are DMs disappearing in NZ soon too?
Not as far as I know, during the day it's usually the SM or our SSM which is Duty (Apart from Weekends when there is a normal duty on) and there is a duty on in the evenings.

We have 5 people who are just employed as Duty Managers, and plus the SM, SSM and a few other department managers who have liquor licenses as 'back ups'

NNS7

HSC
N/A
When you post the load you are accepting the load into the system that day and your stock counts will be available in the system straight away. If you don't post the load it will download into the system over night and your stock counts will be in the system the next day.

All loads get received but the posting is dependent on what it is - e.g. The rule of thumb is to post the produce, meat, freezer and perishable loads that day. Longlife, Sydney and/or Melbourne get received but not posted (goes into system overnight).

Cigarettes get posted that day also but need to be scanned individually on the RF gun...pain in the arse!

And why do we have to do it that way? I think it has something to do with claims.
hmmm, we don't post chilled, frozen or versacold on the same day. we only receive them like longlife, Melbourne and Sydney and let them post overnight so as to not mess up the counts. we do post the milk as soon as we receive it though, because we fill it almost straight away.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Not as far as I know, during the day it's usually the SM or our SSM which is Duty (Apart from Weekends when there is a normal duty on) and there is a duty on in the evenings.

We have 5 people who are just employed as Duty Managers, and plus the SM, SSM and a few other department managers who have liquor licenses as 'back ups'
niiice. I hope for all their sakes that you guys don't get this new anti-DM movement then! Or that's a lot of high paid staff to be absorbed back into departments!!

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Thanks TG.
So why don't they post longlife? is it because there is just too much and it would slow things down?
no, its so the counts aren't messed up.

eg. if it has not been posted a stock line will say
OM: 6
5ea
1 SIT

If it has been posted it will say

OM:6
11ea
0SIT

it makes it easier when conducting stock management to know if it is on the load or in the stock room or if it is wrong so you can correct it. If the load is posted early it can be very hard to pick up discrepancies before it becomes an out of stock.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Why do my bakers call in sick the one weekend where my manager decides I'm cool to start running weekends on my own??? :(
What a ruuuuuuude wake up call from the store! :(

PyroTek

HSC
All our DMs are just Department Managers with DM privileges... :D. Our Deli Manager isn't a DM though. and Meat manager doesn't want to be.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)