The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

NNS7

HSC
N/A
hey guys, first time poster :)

What is the process of undergoing a store transfer? I work in service, and am really, really bored and frustrated of dealing with idiot customers and the monotonous work. I spoke to my manager regarding a department change, who is just usually an angry guy, who ranted how they are overstaffed in other departments and it would take at least 6 weeks to transfer me anyway.

Whats worse is, he wants me at least 10 hours a week, (I am at school, starting my VCE, have a life) and one of these shifts has to be during the week (which infuriates me more, last thing I want to do after 6 hours at school is work 5 hours serving idiots). I've filled in for perishables and grocery once or twice, and really enjoyed them, so I am thinking of relocating to a closer store (right off the train aswell so not too much of a hassle coming from school) and just saying I have been working in perishables or grocery? Is that possible? or is there a formal process you have to do to transfer

cheers :)
wow that's pretty bad if you only want 10hrs and they won't let you just change depts in your current store!
perhaps a transfer is the best way to go, but I would talk to your new manager about your levels of experience in either grocery or perish as you may need a bit of training. most managers i know would prefer a transfer over a new staff member because at least you have experience dealing with customers and knowledge of routines and procedures.

fresh_prince

HSC
wow that's pretty bad if you only want 10hrs and they won't let you just change depts in your current store!
perhaps a transfer is the best way to go, but I would talk to your new manager about your levels of experience in either grocery or perish as you may need a bit of training. most managers i know would prefer a transfer over a new staff member because at least you have experience dealing with customers and knowledge of routines and procedures.
yeah I'm ok in perish or grocery, when we arn't business I just help out the fellas there.

I've spoken to both perish and grocery managers, who are top blokes and think they can make 10 hours for me, its just the service manager who doesn't really want me to move, saying they are overstaffed and service is understaffed

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
You could have 3 weeknight self serve shifts (4.15 to 10.30), so think yourself kind of lucky haha.
I spoke to my DM tonight, I said "so how about woolies cutting dm's?" everyone laughed at me...

PyroTek

HSC
on register's though?
Yes, exclusively

iMathew said:
I spoke to my DM tonight, I said "so how about woolies cutting dm's?" everyone laughed at me...
Yeah, I don't tend to say things till they are officially announced at my store. I told my service manager about the online telco check in the PoS machines though. Also told him that with his numbers he can reduce to clear to a specific price :D

Last edited:

pokerchoker

HSC
I had my first (and hopefully last) duty manager shift on Saturday night. Urggh I don't know how people can do that job full time..

HSC
Yeah, I don't tend to say things till they are officially announced at my store.
Me neither.

I have a story to tell you guys from yesterday. But not right now - have work in half an hour and I've only rolled out of bed to do tute signup. Tickets will be the death of me.

edit: its only 5am here :(

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Just thought i might share my triumphs in the WOW systems yesterday.
Well done! That sounds like quite challenge which i would totally reject whilst trying to run service. Do tell if hubby has drinking problem/stolen card etc.

I had my first (and hopefully last) duty manager shift on Saturday night. Urggh I don't know how people can do that job full time..
What?! It's easy as. What did you find difficult? A part from little shits trying to take seven breaks.

teleopa

HSC
hey my friend is trying to get a job at Woolies & im trying to help. on the Woolworths Careers website, it allows you to register yourself as a candidate.

It asks the following questions:

2. How would you best describe your level of customer service experience?

(a) No previous customer service experience

(b) Providing customer service either face to face or over the telephone. Assist customers with their queries or forwarded them to the appropriate person/area.

(c) Providing customers with detailed information on products and make recommendations/alternative options

(d) Providing advice on product information and ability to solve problems regarding service or product issues. Work with limited supervision

4. You are in a store when a customer approaches you and asks you about a location of a product in another area of the store. Do you:

(a) Indicate that you are busy and have to finish this job that your manager gave you

(b) Tell them to ask someone at the information desk

(c) Stop what you are doing and show the customer to the appropriate location

(d) Give the customer general directions and point in the right direction

5. You see a customer from the ‘corner of your eye’ try and conceal a product into their pocket which you believe they do not intend to pay for. Do you:

(a) Follow the customer around the store and see if they intend to pay for the goods

(b) Ignore the situation, as you may be falsely accusing an innocent customer

(c) Approach the customer and ask if you can be of any assistance to them

(d) Alert someone else to advise a supervisor as you continue to watch the customer before some back up comes to assist you.

What answers did you guys put??

Cheers.

Last edited:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
hey my friend is trying to get a job at Woolies & im trying to help. on the Woolworths Careers website, it allows you to register yourself as a candidate.

It asks the following questions:

2. How would you best describe your level of customer service experience?

(a) No previous customer service experience

(b) Providing customer service either face to face or over the telephone. Assist customers with their queries or forwarded them to the appropriate person/area.

(c) Providing customers with detailed information on products and make recommendations/alternative options

(d) Providing advice on product information and ability to solve problems regarding service or product issues. Work with limited supervision
Ummm there's no 'right or wrong' answer for this question, it is purely about his level of experience.

4. You are in a store when a customer approaches you and asks you about a location of a product in another area of the store. Do you:

(a) Indicate that you are busy and have to finish this job that your manager gave you

(b) Tell them to ask someone at the information desk

(c) Stop what you are doing and show the customer to the appropriate location

(d) Give the customer general directions and point in the right direction
C. Always stop what you are doing and walk the customer to the exact location of the product.

5. You see a customer from the ‘corner of your eye’ try and conceal a product into their pocket which you believe they do not intend to pay for. Do you:

(a) Follow the customer around the store and see if they intend to pay for the goods

(b) Ignore the situation, as you may be falsely accusing an innocent customer

(c) Approach the customer and ask if you can be of any assistance to them

(d) Alert someone else to advise a supervisor as you continue to watch the customer before some back up comes to assist you.
C. Thieves don't like it when staff talk to them, and will know that they are being watched and most likely leave.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeah, I don't tend to say things till they are officially announced at my store. I told my service manager about the online telco check in the PoS machines though. Also told him that with his numbers he can reduce to clear to a specific price :D
Your CSM didn't know that?!

If I do bring anything up, I generally bring it up in a way that makes it more gossip than me looking like a know all ;) (e.g. "Oh so I heard that such and such store/area group/state were introducing X policy... Wonder how that'd work if they put it in place here!")

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
What do you mean by "reduce to clear a specific price"?
I assume he means in the way that's only on the svr menu, which used to be on the regular operator menu as well (i.e. Hit RTC, scan the item, key in a reduced item price, hit enter).

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Wtf how could a manager not know what the reduce to clear function is?? Even a newbie would know what that is, unless i'm missing something? :p

PyroTek

HSC
I'm referring to the RF Gun/Printer thing. We use the printed barcoded labels on products now.
With normal numbers you can RTC by a percentage % 5%,10%,15%,20% etc.
With manager numbers you can bypass the % and put in an exact price!

nothing to do with the registers

Pyro

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I'm referring to the RF Gun/Printer thing. We use the printed barcoded labels on products now.

Pyro
Ahhh, now that makes sense :p
On that note, for about two weeks one of our reduce sticker machines was fucked, it printed with a line missing in the barcode, so EVERY sticker which was printed from that specific machine needed to be dumped in manually. PAIN IN THE ASS for supervisors and me on self serve :(
I think they have fixed it now, or have taken it out of operation for the moment.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC

Pyro
Ahhh, now that makes sense :p
So this is what we were missing! xD

Hmmm to bypass what do you have to do? I have nfi whose numbers I was using but I know I managed to do it once before....

PyroTek

HSC
iMathew, tell them to clean the heads, all it needs is to use a fingernail against the bit that actually prints on it, often people put a full roll in and don't pull it out to the point that the glue that holds the roll together is out of the machine, it fucks up the heads.

Wixxy, set the RTC % to 00 and press enter, then it'll come up with a manual price thing, only if you have the proper RF priv's though :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)