The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

Harry778

HSC
Yay.."Important regional people" are coming in tomorrow. And I'm 11-8 s/vision.
Pressure? No not at all! These "people" include the SSS...kill me now. No one really knows why...could it be an audit possibly? Double kill me if it is. But the CSM said he couldnt think of anyone better to be on the floor for the day...that made me feel special =D haha.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Ah, I see, what does the instore make?
single rolls, donuts, baugettes, croissonts, brownies, you name it
A lot more than this. We make mock creme sponges & lamingtons, full line of cookies, 2 different types of butter croissants, Mud cakes, profiteroles, a full production of fresh cream sponge cakes (dusted, iced, birthday decorated), Pavlovas, trifles, custard tarts, pecan danishes, donuts, morning tea iced bun lines (e.g. finger buns etc), plus all the loose rolls, brownies, muffins, single pastries, danishes, baguettes, artisan loaves. Plus a full range of bread including all the different types of four seed, grain, soy linseed, wholemeal, sourdough, crusty and white.

I'm pretty sure you can only do a manual price entry with the RF printer if you have Manager access (As in SM access, not Department manager)
Naw k :( Though I may have been using the SM numbers when I did it last, as he used to lend me his lol.

Operation Jigsaw is coming for deli. and OMG it looks like shit =/
instead of having the sliced meats placed as it is atm, (silverside, turkey, chicken breast, etc); it'll be all in stacks like devon and chicken roll =/

supposedyly "improves freshsness'. Horses ass it does.. the sides of the meat would go dry and it'll make our lives harder to pick up the slices. =.=
My store is trialling this already. Apparently it means you're allowed to have less stacked, though, and you have the full roll in front of it too, making slicing on demand easier. But Woolworths is going to all lengths in their presentations on it to say that it is NOT slice on demand :p

Looks very nice, but means a lot more slicing and stuff throughout the day which will be a pain. I do like the fact that they have all the shaved and sliced meats together, though (with the shaved stuff on the top shelf of the window).

also i love the satisfaction of refusing to mark down hot roast chickens to 50% when doing night shifts.

Customer: "but they always do it for me."
me: How much we reduce it by dependso n how many chickens there are. At the moment, there isn't much left so we don't reduce it by as much.

then they proceed to tell me to ask my manager. Who i go to and says NOT to reduce it by 50%. Score. The satisfaction =]
Lol, customers tell me to mark down stuff and I respond that I mark down at my own discretion, and that I am not here to give away products :)

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
Lol, customers tell me to mark down stuff and I respond that I mark down at my own discretion, and that I am not here to give away products :)
I tell customers that we don't do forced markdowns due to Woolworths policy (which is true). It usually shuts them up ASAP.

I have noticed with the RTC labels, they won't go through the scanners at the checkouts any way up like a regular bar code. I have to hold them up to the scanner the right way up...if that makes sense.

Speaking of annoying customers. Due to us being a small and one with a very old layout, our express lane is right behind, and connected to, the smoke shop. The one thing that bugs the hell out of me is when customers take their purchases through the checkouts, without paying for them, and walk up to the smoke shop to buy their stuff AND to get their smokes. Luckily the customers are honest when I ask them if they have paid for the items and they say no.....but how else am I to know if they have or not!

The current supervisor/s allow this, even though it's not allowed and the SSM has told them countless times not to let customers do it. When I tell the customers who go to the smoke shop with their purchases that it's not allowed and technically it is stealing once they go through the checkouts without paying, I get either a filthy look, a mouth full of abuse or the old, "well, the other girls have let me do it before!" Ya' can't win.

bdude

HSC
I have noticed with the RTC labels, they won't go through the scanners at the checkouts any way up like a regular bar code. I have to hold them up to the scanner the right way up...if that makes sense.
We've got the same kind of barcodes now at Coles, I've noticed that they also don't scan as quick, you actually have to have the barcode sitting in front of the scanner for a second or two for it to register. I guess it's because the barcodes are sooooooooo long (which coincidentally makes key entering even that more annoying)

jirwin

HSC
We've got the same kind of barcodes now at Coles, I've noticed that they also don't scan as quick, you actually have to have the barcode sitting in front of the scanner for a second or two for it to register. I guess it's because the barcodes are sooooooooo long (which coincidentally makes key entering even that more annoying)
They are terrible but also good. Key entering is a pain, and the barcodes aren't 'big' enough to cover the original barcodes so I've had so many times where the original bar code has scanned but I haven't realised (customer has) and then attempting to delete it is so annoying as well. When this happens I usually just do a new price on it - much quicker then fighting with it.

I like the size of the Woolworth's ones a lot better, but I also like Coles because it has two parts (one for the front of the product and one to cover the barcode).

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hmm... Possibly, my CSM did it. Maybe all the DM's at our store have SM access. I did it on the STM's numbers and the CSM's numbers...
If your numbers fall between 1 and 19 (or 20?) then it will work. They are Manager numbers. I don't think all Dpt Managers have these, at least not at my store, only the ones that do duty.

I bash them over the head repeatedly with the RF gun and then put them in the mincer and then package them and put them for sale next to the Heart Smart and RTC them by 60% and then say "now who's marked down!?"

bensneddon

HSC
If your numbers fall between 1 and 19 (or 20?) then it will work. They are Manager numbers. I don't think all Dpt Managers have these, at least not at my store, only the ones that do duty.
1-10 is manager
also 500-509 i think ??

MMacka

HSC
N/A

I bash them over the head repeatedly with the RF gun and then put them in the mincer and then package them and put them for sale next to the Heart Smart and RTC them by 60% and then say "now who's marked down!?"
Its so annoying people wanting markdowns. One store I worked in the store manager was really consistent with his policy of never reducing anything on customers request and supporting it to the extreme.

Like when I reduce everything in bakery at the end of the day never letting customers push in or walk up to you with products, he use to tell me go rack by rack and they will just have to wait until I reached the product. I was told to politely refuse and if they gave abuse walk off and come back later or call the duty manager.

At my current store though the store managers would just cave in and just say "O just give it to them anyway". Totally useless.

But saying that I get my own personal revenge when at the end of the day when I am reducing everything by 50% and they walk up to me with a product I will only reduce it by 20%. The look on their face is priceless. But people just have to learn to be patient and wait their turn.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yay, I'm #18 :)

I'm OH SO TEMPTED TO DO THIS NOW! Oh my Gawd.

1-10 is manager
also 500-509 i think ??
*1-18 at least.
And 500 up to and including 515, if not further :)

Again on markdowns, when I do my department's bread markdowns at the end of the day, the second customers start looking through it all, I walk away and do something else. If they ask for something else to be reduced (by holding it and watching me but not saying anything), I reduce every other item that it is possible to reduce first and make them wait. And loike I've said, if they ask me I tell them I reduce only what I want to reduce, and usually walk away and do something else for a while.

bdude

HSC
What if it is something that probably should be marked down, i.e. a loaf of bread that's best before today/tomorrow. Wouldn't it be better to mark it down a little bit knowing someone's going to buy it then worry about trying to get rid of it?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
What if it is something that probably should be marked down, i.e. a loaf of bread that's best before today/tomorrow. Wouldn't it be better to mark it down a little bit knowing someone's going to buy it then worry about trying to get rid of it?
Well yes, but what fun would that be? In my opinion, playing games with customers is the best part of the day :)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Well first, no, because if a loaf of bread is going out of date the following day then you're in shit, it has to be cleared the day it's made, and it has 3 days use by.
BUT playing games is the fun part :p

bdude

HSC
Well first, no, because if a loaf of bread is going out of date the following day then you're in shit, it has to be cleared the day it's made, and it has 3 days use by.
BUT playing games is the fun part
Oh, didn't know that thanks. I think it's a bit rude asking to get something reduced, though I must admit i've been known to run over to the bakery/chicken area when I see someone marking stuff down.

HSC
Our bakery is an instore bakery AND a proprietey (frozen lines) bakery.
They're listed as separate departments for sales purposes.

And heh I was kiddding :p chillax!
I was always wondering what prop bakery was :p By the sounds of it (from your other post) we have the same bakery as you - though we are now producing for two stores while another has a refit.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Oh ok nice. How much does your store's bakery (instore & prop) make on the average week?

SS-champion

HSC
Yay.."Important regional people" are coming in tomorrow. And I'm 11-8 s/vision.
Pressure? No not at all! These "people" include the SSS...kill me now. No one really knows why...could it be an audit possibly? Double kill me if it is. But the CSM said he couldnt think of anyone better to be on the floor for the day...that made me feel special =D haha.
Shouldn't the CSM be working on such an important day?

SS-champion

HSC
Does anyone know much about the Woolworths Graduate program?

Has anyone done it or doing it?

Anyone applying for it?

If so would you recommend it?

HSC
Oh ok nice. How much does your store's bakery (instore & prop) make on the average week?
I have no idea - I'll have a look tomorrow if I remember.

Last weekend though our freezers died and we threw out ten cages worth of prop bakery stuff (in addition to ALL ice cream and deli/seafood overstocks), so the last few days haven't been very good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)