• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

PyroTek

HSC
If your contract starts on the Monday, I'm pretty sure if it's a public holiday that pays penalty rates 250%. If you go in you'll get 250% of pay, otherwise you'll get your normal pay rate if you don't come in. It gets different with easter sunday etc.

Part time ain't that bad... Annual leave has a 17.5% loading.. at least in QLD, Not sure about WA

I felt the same in regards to signing my life away when i signed my first PPT contract. Turned out that i'm pretty happy with it now!

BSammy

HSC
I am really confused about one thing though. I am rostered to work monday 17:30-20:30. On my part time roster it says that it starts on the 01/03/10, which happens to be a public holiday in WA. However as a casual they cancelled my Monday shift. Does that mean I am entitled to be paid for the Monday if they tell me not to come in?
Yeah, but it'd be an idea to make sure your SSO know about this, as if you are starting a new roster on that day it won't necessarily be in the system, so they might not know to pay the holiday pay not worked.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Well our SM said that our wastage needs to be half of that.

I didn't really think 4k out of 200 is that big, but obviously it is :p lol

Also I guarantee that we will never get down to 0.5% overall, because we're a small store, the fresh food departments don't have high enough turn over of stock, and atm our waste for produce is sitting between 6 - 8%, and the bakery...well the bakery doesn't even make enough money to cover the staff so yeah.

PyroTek

HSC
We are a small store, I managed to dump one piece of meat in a day... :D
edit: I actually claimed it

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
We are a small store, I managed to dump one piece of meat in a day... :D
edit: I actually claimed it
Yeah, Meat isn't a big issue at all. You slap a reduced sticker on a packet of meat and boom it's snapped up instantly.

It's a bit different when you are trying to reduce an $8 bowl of greek salad.

PyroTek

HSC
Yeah, Very true. But considering on a normal day we used to have a tub full of dumps, getting it down to one pack is a vast improvement and got me a mention at the managers meeting.

Harry778

HSC
Hey remember when I transferred to Crows Nest store, then went back to my current store? What was I thinking? Lol, the only reason why I transferred was cos Crows Nest was closer, but yesterday I timed it at 15 MINUTES extra...hahaha not very long. Uhhh, so stupid. I said to my CSM yesterday..why did I do that, he was just like..yeah I have no idea hey.

LOL.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Interesting, we're getting a new SM as well next week. They all seem to move around the same time...
We have been without an SM for like three weeks now, so maybe we'll get one from NSW. But it actually rocks cos there's one less full time manager on the non trade roster, which leads to things like me being SM all day tomorrow! Woot.

Don't know if this is good news or bad news :p

but my Regional Director (from ABS) has approved me to work at woolworths providing the deciscion is reviewed yearly, and if i move roles at ABS to one that deals with woolworths data (we survey them for all our business surveys to get super secret market sensitive data, and get access to their tax return), then i would have to quit woolies. but for now, i can work there, havent told my store yet though :p
Plan: sell sensitive market data to Woolies for very large sums of cash, then promptly move to Spain. I've been watching Underbelly on DVD.

My meagre 11-4 operator shift yesterday turned into 11-9.15 supervision all day..exhaustion. Was a good day though.

Hey I'm getting a full workplace first aid cert on Monday/Tuesday at my own expense, is it possible for Woolies to refund it and then I can go on the first aid list? I asked the SSM but he didn't know, is going to ask the HR mang when she's in next week.

HSC
It's not that stupid. Many people see people giving ID over and expect them to be 18+.
My friends and I went to a bar, one of us was 17, the bouncer saw his license but didn't even read the DoB. good night out! It works more than you think
Just gotta be confident
Yeah one of the kids was like, oh well, it works sometimes. I was more shocked at the kid born in 93 though, because I didn't look at the licence class at first (sif look at a licence class anyway).

Our SM though is shit and makes us type the birthdates in, even if we clearly get that they were born before todays date 92. Something about audit bullshit, which I'm sure is completely not true but whatever.

HSC
I signed my soul away to woolworths tonight. Got called in to relief SM's office and got told that unless I become part-time my hours would be cut to save money.

At least my hours aren't going to get the chop when budget cuts starts happening soon. :)

I am really confused about one thing though. I am rostered to work monday 17:30-20:30. On my part time roster it says that it starts on the 01/03/10, which happens to be a public holiday in WA. However as a casual they cancelled my Monday shift. Does that mean I am entitled to be paid for the Monday if they tell me not to come in?
Please do not complain. 21 hours that they are going to stick to > 10 hours where they don't even want me for the hours on the roster.

:(

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Well our SM said that our wastage needs to be half of that.

I didn't really think 4k out of 200 is that big, but obviously it is :p lol

Also I guarantee that we will never get down to 0.5% overall, because we're a small store, the fresh food departments don't have high enough turn over of stock, and atm our waste for produce is sitting between 6 - 8%, and the bakery...well the bakery doesn't even make enough money to cover the staff so yeah.
In Bakery whenever I do dumps I enter low dumps on the things that aren't on autostocker. Which is pretty much everything in instore bakery, in proprietary bakery I dump everything correct because its on autostocker.

So for example if I had 30x 20 pack lunch rolls which are $4.25 each I would only put through one so there was only a $4.25 loss. If I put through the 30 there would be a $127.50 loss.

One week before I knew about this dodgy rule I actually dumped everything in instore bakery. Because of that our dumps in bakery alone were over $3000. I was dumping everything in the loose roll cabinet as well, apparently I wasn't suppose to do that. They had to send some ereport explaining why. My bakery manager was so pissed off at me for like 3 weeks. :(

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yeah one of the kids was like, oh well, it works sometimes. I was more shocked at the kid born in 93 though, because I didn't look at the licence class at first (sif look at a licence class anyway).

Our SM though is shit and makes us type the birthdates in, even if we clearly get that they were born before todays date 92. Something about audit bullshit, which I'm sure is completely not true but whatever.
It is true actually. The SSS was upstairs gunning everyone down the other week over the fact that not one of our supervisors ever enters in the DOB when requested. So now we have to. I think you can check who does it from Electronic Journal.

HSC
It is true actually. The SSS was upstairs gunning everyone down the other week over the fact that not one of our supervisors ever enters in the DOB when requested. So now we have to. I think you can check who does it from Electronic Journal.
Yeah you can check from Electronic Journal - it either comes up with ID Bypass or whatever birthdate you typed in.

HSC
hmphh! went up to woolies last night to do some grocery shopping and went to check my roster to see if next weeks up, and its not grr >< isn't it supposed to be up by thursday? cos lately my stores been pretty slow with rosters.

greekgun

HSC
U guys have to punch in the DOB??? What a pain in the ass...

BSammy

HSC
hmphh! went up to woolies last night to do some grocery shopping and went to check my roster to see if next weeks up, and its not grr >< isn't it supposed to be up by thursday? cos lately my stores been pretty slow with rosters.
With the draft new agreement, if you go in the store or ring up for your hours, on or after wednesday, and the rosters aren't up yet, then the store has to contact you with your hours.
Looking forward to how that turns out.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
We are meant to have all Rosters completed by 3pm Thursday.

Now, meant to and actually are two different scenarios :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)