• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (8 Viewers)

Harry778

HSC
I'm doing 15.30-24.30 s/vision...fuck yeahhhh close!

Lets hope its a quiet night..usually is.

aussie92

HSC
Do the rosters actually say "2430" as shift finishing time? If so, that's a massive fail lol

Depends, any time after midnight is counted on the day you started your shift time on the roster for eg. mine is normally 22:00 - 30:00 fri and sat , some stores might do them 22:00 - 24:00 friday , then 0:00 - 6:00 sat etc basicly the same thing

At maximum it would be 32:00 or 8am next day:fish:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I just applied for a Produce Manager's position at a store in my area :O

1 hour away, so will cost a lot more with petrol, but an extra $250 a week after tax + stips will be ohhmyygodd. Plus it's like 3 times the size of our department, in terms of sales and size.

I visited the store last year on an Xmas roadshow and was totally amazed at how big and clean it is (The store is only 1 year old)

Fingers crossed

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Got home from 7-4 duty a couple of hours ago, omfg at busyness. I had to do the supervisors lunch break because they've pushed back second supervisors arrival time until 1.15 to save mun-muns and it was actually HORRIFIC. A bloodbath. Like a few customers actually just threw down their baskets and LEFT because the lines were like 10-15 people long for the 1 express register, and about 5-6 people long for the 4 other registers i could have open. The only person not serving was the deli 2IC.

No one was very angry though, I think they realised that there was just no-one to serve.
BUT SERIOUSLY!?!?!?! the grid was: 8-5, 9-6, 10-7, 4-7 (plus the open and close supervisors) on a SATURDAY morning.

And I was left with 14 trolleys and 2.5 pallets of load from Friday, with only one grocery staff member.

Would complain more but my fish is getting cold.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Yeah, there are actually more Woolworths in the newcastle region than Coles =)
Yah, definitely

Cardif opens May 6th (got pushed back) and the Newcastle West behind King St Maccas opens in October. Its actually going to be the biggest in the region (bigger than GreenHills and Glendale) and its going to be a Woolworths and Big W in one (little bit of info i bet u guys didnt know ;) )
Isn't the new Charlie store going to be the biggest in the region when it opens in august/sept/oct? I've heard that it will be the joint biggest in Australia in terms of square footage. Its going where big w was, which was big, and then they're also expanding it.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Depends, any time after midnight is counted on the day you started your shift time on the roster for eg. mine is normally 22:00 - 30:00 fri and sat , some stores might do them 22:00 - 24:00 friday , then 0:00 - 6:00 sat etc basicly the same thing

At maximum it would be 32:00 or 8am next day:fish:
Yeah but it's silly considering there is no such thing as 2430 or 3000 lol. It stops at 2400 then goes to 0000

PyroTek

HSC
Weren't you told all this at induction?! We were

I think it's because the rostering system sees (say shift is 1800-0200) 1800-2600 - thus subtracts 1800 from 2600 to get the hours of the shift.. Probably also helps in the fact that people don't have to look at 2 pages for 1 shift. - it shows it all on both pages?
AND i think the 10 hour break would start from 0200/2600, so that could be something to consider also.

HSC
I am fairly sure I just hit snooze like 8 times :( I'm thinking redbull for breakfast.

EDIT: unrefridgerated redbull is not nice.

I do have a serious question though - how do you go about claiming travel allowance? Yesterday was the second time this week I've been asked to go and get bags from other stores - perhaps if we started claiming that money I wouldn't have to, haha.
idk, I'm only complaining because it felt like it was around 70 degrees in my car yesterday :(

Also, a lady had a go at me yesterday because I laughed when the evacuation alarms went off. They go off so often I refuse to take any seriously.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Lol yeah, I was also verbally abused last night, go me!
I was standing at the after hours door and opening it for customers leaving (this is after 10pm), at about 10:05 this guy came to the door and he was like "i want ciggarettes", I'm like *nodhead* "we're closed", walked off saying "fuck you fucking dog" lol. Then he roared off right past the door in his V8, fully sick.

Harry778

HSC
Do the rosters actually say "2430" as shift finishing time? If so, that's a massive fail lol
Yeah it does. hahaha. It WAS a quiet night..thank god! Got everything done for once..and actually got out at 12.30!! Probably cos I had good operators on as well =D

Doing 1.30-10.30 tonight..closing again..wOO! Putting my vest on now ;P

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I am fairly sure I just hit snooze like 8 times :( I'm thinking redbull for breakfast.

EDIT: unrefridgerated redbull is not nice.

I do have a serious question though - how do you go about claiming travel allowance? Yesterday was the second time this week I've been asked to go and get bags from other stores - perhaps if we started claiming that money I wouldn't have to, haha.
idk, I'm only complaining because it felt like it was around 70 degrees in my car yesterday :(

Also, a lady had a go at me yesterday because I laughed when the evacuation alarms went off. They go off so often I refuse to take any seriously.
Just speak to the Cash Office. That's what I did last week when I claimed 100kms for my training. Or speak to your SSM or SM.

Also, in the year that I've been at my store I've missed all 3 evacuation drills :p lol. What a great Fire warden I am!

EVAN162

HSC
Did anyone else get a tsunami warning come over the P.A today at 7am?
I dont know if someone put the microphone up to the radio or it was a company thing?

But fuck...tsunami warning.

greekgun

HSC
Lol yeah, I was also verbally abused last night, go me!
I was standing at the after hours door and opening it for customers leaving (this is after 10pm), at about 10:05 this guy came to the door and he was like "i want ciggarettes", I'm like *nodhead* "we're closed", walked off saying "fuck you fucking dog" lol. Then he roared off right past the door in his V8, fully sick.
Yeah...when we close up at 12, and people want smokes i just send them to safeway (well aware that they close at 10). By the time they come back to complain im out of there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)