• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

Otacon2009

HSC
I don't mind Woolies Radio, except they play ABBA and the worst songs of ABBA. Sooo sick of hearing Dancing Queen, that CHICHCICHICHIIICHAAAAAA and that I DO! I DO I DO I DOOOO! being blasted during a quiet stretch. I find the second the worst because you think it's over...but then it starts again.

Harry778

HSC
Oh it is? How do you know? I'm in TAS

Well I've heard this on it before, and monster mash.
STM told me..lol I asked him, where it comes from(like CD or satellite), who chooses it and if its played at the same time all over the country. It comes from a satellite, and isnt played at the same time, and differnt states have differnet music. I'm not sure how he knows this. But once after work I heard Rehab by amy winhouse just before I left..went to a closer woolies to my house cos I forgot to get some stuff and heard it playing..this was about 20 minutes later..

Harry778

HSC
wait - I remembered one: S Club Party.

But I only remember it because our youngest operator (barely 14) has no idea who S Club 7 is. So I only like it because when it comes on we go and pay her out about it.

Also Harry, I'm trying to send you a fb message but its being ridiculously slow. So anyway, I dreamt last night that you were in my store and we were singing in smokeshop and the other supervisors hated you :O.
Hahaha! thats heaps funny =P
According to my 2IC all I ever do on smoke shop is bludge..well, there isnt much to do after 10am tbh (except on a monday with newspaper returns etc) Which is why I LOVE IT!

bdude

HSC
Woolworths radio actually sounds pretty decent. I can't remember most of the songs we play, you hear the radio from our checkout area.

Harry778

HSC
which is why you couldn't hack a store that made you serve on express as well as being on smokeshop :p
LOL..well when it wasnt refurbished it was my pet peeve!! "Can you bring people around" or "Can you jump on 1/8" I would die inside! Then I would give attitude to the customers...kind of feel bad about that now. Then when I saw a new store I got heaps excited and kept asking when the refurbishement was going to start and then it FINALLY happened..and now I would never go back.

Otacon2009

HSC
Does working on the smokes counter require seperate training, or does one need to be a supervisor? Judging by the posts, the answer is yes, which is strange because where I worked, anyone could do it. It only stopped for awhile because everyone got shortages of $200+.

HSC
LOL..well when it wasnt refurbished it was my pet peeve!! "Can you bring people around" or "Can you jump on 1/8" I would die inside! Then I would give attitude to the customers...kind of feel bad about that now. Then when I saw a new store I got heaps excited and kept asking when the refurbishement was going to start and then it FINALLY happened..and now I would never go back.
lol, like I said, in my dream all of the supervisors hated you because you wouldn't deal with any saved transactions, nor would you serve in express. But I seemed to be quite scared of you, so I let you do whatever you wanted :shy:.

It was really weird.

I have never ever had a shift in smokeshop where I haven't had to serve in express, though I got quite close last thursday - 4.30-9.30 and only jumped on express at 8.45.

HSC
I am dying to be 18 so I can do shifts legally in smokeshop, they used to put me in there a fair bit, last time I did it I did 4-6:30 Smokeshop 6:30-8 operator.

Did 07:00-1500 on smokeshop once was a good shift :D did 7-10 smokeshop 11-12 lunch then 12:30-12:50 stocking up in liquor and 1-3 smokeshop

PyroTek

HSC
I dont think you have to be 18 to legally do smokeshop... I mean, you can work in a bar/bottle shop at 16..

HSC
I know.
When we got possibly the most anal manager ever as our SSM, she decided that noone could be in smokeshop if they were under 18. This went out the window as soon as she realised that on Sundays we had ABSOLUTELY NOONE rostered on checkouts who was over 18, and that this was often the case on thursday nights.

And after being abused by a stack of liquor customers on Monday because I told their staff that I wasn't going to do their refund and that they would have to wait for the DM to come over, I'm also glad I can't do anything in liquor.

BSammy

HSC
and I'm glad that we don't have liquor in supermarkets down here, it's all seperate.

bdude

HSC
I actually found out that the Gateway Hotel in Devonport is actually owned by Woolworths so they could own a bottleshop here.

HSC
My SSM went :crazy: at the old perishable manager because I wasn't serving and he got me in liquor and wanted me to serve, I was only 15 at the time and I was like, "Not 18 yet or have RSA" so instead they got me putting the pallets away, this was with our better old liquor boss. my ssm realised and shes like, "GET HER OUT OF THERE! NOW!!!!!!" lol good times, I didn't get in trouble :D

HSC
as an employee though, you can get in trouble. I was told that the fine for me doing a refund in liquor could be higher than the fine that the liquor staff would get for selling alcohol to a minor - it took my CSM and HR to look into the issue before my SM stopped making me deal with such issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)