• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Well tonight was extremely eventful.
Got to work/started 5 minutes late due to a 20 minute late bus (not fucking happy jan). When I start, I discovor EVERYONE is in a FOUL mood, CSM/DM/SVR's/SM (completely snobbed me twice when I said hello, he literally ignored me).

The SDA rep comes in and carrys out a meeting, I go in to tearoom, then walk back out to grab some EBA documents at the service desk. I then get told to go back to work (self serve). I fucking miss out on the only meeting that I could attend. FUCKING PISSED OFF AT THAT.
Think I was in the most disgusting mood for the next hour. CSM was trying to cheer me up and be nice, but she was also pissed at everyone. lols.
The reason behind everyones shittyness was because we got a 'visit' today ;), and apparently we didnt do to well.
By 7pm we had another group of woolies bigshots come in "manager of supermarkets", blah blah. As soon as they went, every manager in sight was gone (within 5 minutes) lol.

But this night was also good, because I was running the shots almost for 3/4 of the night. We had 3 people, operator/selfserve[me]/supervisor from 8pm in. Supervisor was always doign stuff/on break, operator was serving and I was basically doing all general stuff (ss/sco etc).
Then.. the supervisor came up with a great idea to trick the extremely gullible operator lol. We said "the managers have slammed us for not wearing hair nets for our new bakery". So the svr and me wore hair nets the whole night to prove a point in a joke lol. She so believed us, and we were making us BULLSHIT stuff along the line too, and the svr and myself were always so serious thats how it worked so well :D. Like i'd say something stupid and the supervisor (in seriousness) would agree immensely.

So we got this operator to wear bakery hair nets whilst on register & throughout the night rofl.

I have never laughed SO MUCH in my entire woolworths journey of 5/6 months.
Made up for a SHIT afternoon.

kthxforreading

Last edited:
HSC
Stores like this are lame...

Detached service desk with dedicated smokeshop operator please :)
neverrrrr

I'm actually not sure that it would ever be logistically possible for my store to have a detatched service desk. If so, I'd be really interested to see how it would happen.

Also Ben, I lol'd at Friends of AutostockR :rofl:

MMacka

HSC
N/A
neverrrrr

I'm actually not sure that it would ever be logistically possible for my store to have a detatched service desk. If so, I'd be really interested to see how it would happen.

Also Ben, I lol'd at Friends of AutostockR :rofl:
Apparently our store isn't getting a reno anymore, as soon as the lease runs out in 5 years they are going to build another store next to coles.

So I heard off the grapevine anyway.

PyroTek

HSC
Big shots in brisbane around march 12.. For all your info :)
iMathew, General manager of supermarkets? Marty?

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Apparently our store isn't getting a reno anymore, as soon as the lease runs out in 5 years they are going to build another store next to coles.

So I heard off the grapevine anyway.
yeah i heard this too. totally lame idea, IMO.

ALSO, while I have all the perthkids on the same page, is it true that they're building a store at Baldivis?

HSC
Funny stuff :)
Some of the comments on there were VERY funny.

Not that I've heard of. Obviously the next store to open is Bennett Springs, and afaik the next one after that is Hocking.
It would be heaps further down the track, AFAIK they're recruiting staff for Bennett Springs now?

Sara mentioned it a few weeks ago, thats all. And then I drove past that centre yesterday and thought it wouldn't even be that much further away than where I am now.
Even so, it would be a small store - it'd be such a shock for me to go into a smaller store, thats for sure!

bensneddon

HSC
It would be heaps further down the track, AFAIK they're recruiting staff for Bennett Springs now?

Sara mentioned it a few weeks ago, thats all. And then I drove past that centre yesterday and thought it wouldn't even be that much further away than where I am now.
Even so, it would be a small store - it'd be such a shock for me to go into a smaller store, thats for sure!
Bennett Springs opens next week or the week after.

Sara knows more than I do, so if she mentioned it, it's probably legit.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Some of the comments on there were VERY funny.

Omg really? That shopping centre in Baldivis is only three minutes away from me! If it goes ahead lets both get transfers. :)

HSC
I'm not sure how much further down the track it is though :p But yes, I thought that might be your reaction - I meant to ask you if you knew about it when Sara told me but I completely forgot.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
as an employee though, you can get in trouble. I was told that the fine for me doing a refund in liquor could be higher than the fine that the liquor staff would get for selling alcohol to a minor - it took my CSM and HR to look into the issue before my SM stopped making me deal with such issues.
So you're not 18??
Lol at me last night putting someone on a new register and going outside to get a milkshake with DM doing my break, came back in and i'd put him on a register i'd already packed up. DM was like 'uncool'.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
and GAH! at applying for UK ancestry visa. I have to apply online (and pay $430 non-refundable), then print the form off and fly to melbourne with it, where they take my fingerprints etc (another $200 or so dollars), then fly back home and POST the form to canberra.

JUST SAY YOU DON'T WANT ME IN YOUR FUCKING COUNTRY.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Anybody else applying for the woolies grad program? lol.

HSC
So you're not 18??
Lol at me last night putting someone on a new register and going outside to get a milkshake with DM doing my break, came back in and i'd put him on a register i'd already packed up. DM was like 'uncool'.
At the time I wasn't 18, but even now seeing as I don't have RSA I still can't do anything.

And FFS why hasn't anyone rung me to tell me if I'm working today. I have left a zillion messages since tuesday and noone (but mainly my SSM) wants to tell me.
At the moment I'm thinking just turn up anyway...

And yoddle, take the hint - the UK prefers Pauline Hanson over you :p

Roga

HSC
Anybody else applying for the woolies grad program? lol.
I'm planning to apply next year. Hopefully doing it in my last year of uni.

On a different note, just met my new SM yesterday and I just wanna say he is waaaaaaay better than the old one. He's so much more likeable and I can actually talk to this guy and get a real response. Also, he was "iLeading" so much yesterday I just laughed.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I also loled when i heard about "iLeading" ...PC shit. The little shits who start these days have no respect, and you're not going to learn it by iLeading. The Deli manager was like "it's pretty much getting your arse whooped, nicely"

babikakez - ah i see, yeah on facebook is says you're 18 so i was all like what? It must suck being able to go to uni before you're 18, like isn't the whole point of uni to drink?

ytrbut

HSC
babikakez - ah i see, yeah on facebook is says you're 18 so i was all like what? It must suck being able to go to uni before you're 18, like isn't the whole point of uni to drink?
Of course it is! :) The thought of having to get through my 11am lectures without a gin and tonic is depressing...

HSC
The whole of last year I was 17 - except for my politics exam, which was two days after my birthday.
Umm, I have no idea why I failed that exam?

My uni is SO SO SO strict on ID in the tav. I went in there today at lunch and they have people checking your ID at the door, and it has to match your student card. My student ID photo is so ugly. :(

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Has BOS been broken?

OK so last night the Woolworths i used to shop at got held up at gunpoint just before close, apparently he told the girl on register that if she didn't want to die in the next three minutes then not to move an inch. Fuck, an you imagine that? Shudder.
BUT, wait for it, he then drove of at high speeds down the road, smashed into a round-a-bout and is in intesive care, comatose.

Lol @ the relief area manager, who on the phone link this morning was like "his car is smashed into a million pieces, and he's in hospital fighting for his life, which is, ..., um....good?"

Yuk.

Roster next week:
TUE: 3.15 - 21.15 sup
SAT: 1.15 - 19.15 sup
SUN: 1.15 - 19.15 sup

GRRRRRRRR got totally cut from like 30something.
But my second and third days of part time i have to get annual leave for because i have to go to melbourne! Lolz at my CSM wanting to smash my head off when i ask her.

This article is mildly interesting:

Who wants to be the King of Cheap?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)