• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

jrgrs2010

HSC
OMG... I had the worst day today, one week before easter and 4 of my casual staff resigned... Within 3 hours of each other :mad1:

Also just wondering what are other peoples views on refunding frozen food?

MMacka

HSC
N/A
OMG... I had the worst day today, one week before easter and 4 of my casual staff resigned... Within 3 hours of each other :mad1:

I do the frozen face test. Put the product on your cheek, if it makes your cheek frozen then its ok. But if it makes it not frozen then it has to be dumped. When refunding before you put the product on your face remind the customer that you have to do the "frozen face test" otherwise it looks weird.

Unofficial policy of Woolworths to reduce shrinkage. ;)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I do the frozen face test. Put the product on your cheek, if it makes your cheek frozen then its ok. But if it makes it not frozen then it has to be dumped. When refunding before you put the product on your face remind the customer that you have to do the "frozen face test" otherwise it looks weird.

Unofficial policy of Woolworths to reduce shrinkage. ;)
So how do you know it hasn't been sitting in the sun, defrosted and then they refroze it?

BSammy

HSC
Because all of our customers have a certain integrity in which we can trust...

Wait a sec, dump it, dump the lot.

Harry778

HSC
Worst shift yesterday. I was supposed to do 4-8:30 (First after school shift since yr 12 has begun!) I had been sick as a dog all day, Stayed at school considering I was feeling like death, my registers converer belt didnt work, I had two $10 in my till and 1 bag of 5c pieces and 1, $1 and 2 $2 coins. But By 6:30 I had to go home, I nearly feeling so sick....plus my supervisor was super nice about it so that was a plus :)

But on friday night, I nearly died with laughter, walking down the street was a person in an orange woolworths frequent flyers t-shirts and hat, and just dressed in casual pants and I'm sorry but since does woolworths promotional clothing appear to be seen as a fashion "trend"
Lol. I was at salvos once looking for stuff for an 80's themed party, and saw a green woolworths vest in the racks. hahaha! I was like?? Who would buy that?

Harry778

HSC
lol I was scared for a second that you were going to finish that post with "and I bought it", haha.
Hahahaha! No I have 3 and my mum has like 4. Lol. Just went to my store to get some things and they have re-branded it with all the new signage =D
We also have to get a new service desk cos the current one we have has windows at the front on the smoke cupboards, so instead of keeping it covered with ugly black card board they're giving us a whole new one =DD They did the refurb wayyy before they knew that stupid law would come out.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Always dump it, you never know what the customer has been doing with it. I always dump dairy stock too for the same reason, better to be safe than sorry.

Last edited:

kevin94

HSC
HELLO EVERYONE!! I have an account now because I am applying for woolies tomorrow and i would like to ask if they still accepted hand in resumes? i applied online but i feel like i should apply in store as well. Also, when will they be hiring?

I applied for store operations for sales and customer service. Can someone tell me what are the main roles? Sorry for all the questions.

Thankyou. :)

bdude

HSC
Nice work by the Woolworths team on these new Fresh Produce price signs:

EDIT: Sorry about the picture being big and sideways, seems to only happen with iPhone photos.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
$3.98/kilo?! Where were you, in the middle of Sydney? What a rip-off! Most I have ever seen them is $2.75 at my store. Will admit that they look 200x better than Coles. At least it sort of looks like a market.

Poor produce guy would be doing a coronary over his banana prices. Must be comp checking and getting raped. Doubt he would be making money actually on them.

bdude

HSC
$3.98/kilo?! Where were you, in the middle of Sydney? What a rip-off! Most I have ever seen them is $2.75 at my store. Will admit that they look 200x better than Coles. At least it sort of looks like a market.

Poor produce guy would be doing a coronary over his banana prices. Must be comp checking and getting raped. Doubt he would be making money actually on them.
The island state ;)

EDIT: although they seem to be using a font very similar to Coles'.

HSC
God love my sister, She was in woolworths today and was constantly messaging me, "What Aisle is such and such in? I don't want to ask anybody Cos they will get the shits, but I'll ask you because you won't"

HSC
biggest lol of my day: my SM is buying an iron and an ironing board because he's sick of people coming from uni/school looking "like true students" (his words, not mine).

i am glad that i was not the particular person he picked out, because i look pretty bad on thursdays generally ;)

EDIT: apaz treeman is okay.

bdude

HSC
biggest lol of my day: my SM is buying an iron and an ironing board because he's sick of people coming from uni/school looking "like true students" (his words, not mine).

i am glad that i was not the particular person he picked out, because i look pretty bad on thursdays generally ;)

EDIT: apaz treeman is okay.
When I have to work straight after school I just put my clothes neatly folded into a shopping bag and leave that in my locker.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Grr Devonport. I don't like them and their incessant refurbs and being favourited by AO. It's because the SM is married to the HRS. Not that she really has a say in anything like that but still i can blame her for our shop looking like it's from 1971 and theirs all hip and spanky. (That's the store in bdude's photo).

The SSS was doing a SMARTS today. Everything was so tense. She kept asking me questions and then gave me 60 or so pages on Everyday Rewards troubleshooting to read and a mandate to train my night and weekend staff (no one has them down here). She's in tomoz with the AM. More tenseness. AND she made us put security tags on all our baskets. Not cool. Every time you collect them you set of all the alarms.

But the night ended with a group of hot Italian boys. I didn't even care that we'd closed like ten minutes ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)