The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
i hate this fucking renovation in our deli. we dumped $160 worth of thigh fillets due to concrete some how sneaking into it. (thats over 24kg'swroth of thigh fillets)

and not to mention we have to fit both deli; cold meats and sea food into what we just normally put deli stuff into. sigh.

i need a new job. lol

G

Gavvvvvin

we dumped everything in freezer, dairy, deli, and meat including all shit out back :hammer:

Peartie

HSC
and ive finally officially quit!

Today was my last shift at woolworths!!! Boo Yeh!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Gavvvvvin said:
we dumped everything in freezer, dairy, deli, and meat including all shit out back :hammer:
holy shit.

that's a lot ...
did the fridges stop working or something?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Peartie said:
and ive finally officially quit!

Today was my last shift at woolworths!!! Boo Yeh!
*insert envious face!! >O*

mlee72

HSC
OMG !!

i got to supervise today for an hour while my csm was on lunch!!!!!!!
(and i did a fantastic job)
BEST DAY EVER!!!!!

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
mlee72 said:
OMG !!

i got to supervise today for an hour while my csm was on lunch!!!!!!!
(and i did a fantastic job)
BEST DAY EVER!!!!!
Lol. I think you're a bit too enthusiastic about it.

CieL

HSC
Don't do much when you're a supervisor anyway..

groovygal

HSC
N/A
i work at woolies and have had 2 till shortages...i have no idea why! i give customers the correct change n everythin..have very few problems..dunno y i have till shortage..the service manager n 2ic jus gave me dis sheet..i had to sign acknowledging i had till shortage..n d amount..service manager asked if i gave wrong change..n i'm like no...neone else had dis problem?? it sux cos i'm currently on 3 month probation...

blakegman

HSC
N/A
lol.

i don't know how they work. everyone is always short at my woolies, and nobody cares, there must be some reason to it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i think most of it is change errors, dropping money etc. that just adds up, you'd also be suprised how much is cash office error (because in cash office you tend to focus much more on making sure that the safe is balanced, once things go upstairs change can go into wrong registers etc.)

but i mean think about it, we're a small store, and i probably serve 100 customers a shift(in liquor - more on checkouts) even if you only make an error 1 out of 100 times, thats still 1 error a shift.

groovygal

HSC
N/A
blakegman said:
lol.

i don't know how they work. everyone is always short at my woolies, and nobody cares, there must be some reason to it.
haha ns ns..nobody cares...but did u have to sign dis sheet....las wk i had a shortage on a shift and on monday i also had a shortage..was pretty shocked when the service manager told me...y always me..yeh maybe its cash office dat stuffed it up cos i really don't remember dropping change or nethin..maybe like 5c but dats it..or maybe its the voids? or customers? argh..dun want it happening again for fear of being let go...

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
any1 (of the part-timers) going to use the employee share program?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
townie said:
any1 (of the part-timers) going to use the employee share program?
lol the booklet they sent out?

nup. i'm not staying with woolworth's long enough to dedicate $1,000 to buy shares.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
shinji said:
lol the booklet they sent out?

nup. i'm not staying with woolworth's long enough to dedicate $1,000 to buy shares.
How does it work ? im casual so i can;t even participate but $1000 in woolies shares sounds ok to me.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
well from what I understand from it (briefly skimmed over it so somet htings may be wrong)

but u can choose to either invest $500 or $1000 in woolworth shares.
This amount is docked from ur pay over the financial year.

The way this system works is that the amount u choose to invest is split over the 4 quartersof the financial year.
ie; $250 worth of shares is purchased each quarter at market price i think. Any remaining balance is deposited into your bank account. and then that remainder is then used in the next quarter along side with the $250 that was dedicated for that quarter's worth of shares.

we may be getting a discount, but not sure. Not to mention i don't think we can sell it off when we purchase it within 3 years. After 3 years, woolworth's gives you ownership of the shares.
and according to what we learned in finance, the less liquid your assets are, the higher return ur supposedly going to get. but i don't see any real immediate pay out.

i'll read it in more detail later on.

Last edited:

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
the only advantage is that you can pay for them out of pre-tax income, so you sorta get a discount

blakegman

HSC
N/A
If you don't get a real discount (% off)i think ti would be much easier to just invest yourself. 3 years is a long time to hang onto shares. That's not very liquid.

Most companies with such programs offer employees 10% off market price. Hence why its worth the 3 year wait.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)