The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
no fair! all we're getting is the downstairs area painted.

and LOL the managers office is flooding cause water has gotten into the downstairs roof, it also set off the fire alarm so we had the fire department come, fun!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

jasonml said:
Pay rates pl0x?

Stating how old you are and if you plan to be casual or part time would help.

Even though im sure this is in the other woolworths thread a few pages back

HSC
Done Induction last Saturday and am going for my Point of Sale Training on Friday. What does that include? I know I'll have to wear my uniform and bring some of those bank forms, super forms and what not. Anything else?

When do we talk to the manager about our availabilities, hours we want to work a week and our first shift?

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
AndromedaAiken said:
Done Induction last Saturday and am going for my Point of Sale Training on Friday. What does that include? I know I'll have to wear my uniform and bring some of those bank forms, super forms and what not. Anything else?

When do we talk to the manager about our availabilities, hours we want to work a week and our first shift?
best to talk to manager as soon as you can regarding the availabilities. of course u should have mentioned this fact during ur interview.

with regards to what to bring, just bring urself and those other stuff. BRING UR NAMETAG! :p. and bring a pen. haha; a pen always helps seeing as your on checkouts.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
babikakez said:
the rest of the centre is being redone as well, kmart are currently being redone, so we're just trying to fit in. :p

also our staff room is being moved upstairs, so that we can put items in that area

i'm not sure about the 2010 thing, all we know is that its going to be extremely inconvienient. i doubt that it will be completed by christmas.
and that kinda sucks. my store only has 1 level. haha.

currently the deli (the dept im working in) is being refurbished. so extra shifts. how crap. -_-

hmm. and just a question, do you guys ever check out the woolies of other shopping centresto see how they are? haha.

i do it .. and i find the deli of other depts to be kinda poorer then ours (seven hills). the staff looks so unenthusiastic.

HSC
shinji said:
best to talk to manager as soon as you can regarding the availabilities. of course u should have mentioned this fact during ur interview.

with regards to what to bring, just bring urself and those other stuff. BRING UR NAMETAG! :p. and bring a pen. haha; a pen always helps seeing as your on checkouts.
I did tell my interviewer my availabilities during the first interview. :) I believe he was one of the managers but wouldn't be mine. So do I talk to my manager straight after I finish my POS training?

Oh, on my induction packet, it said to bring my completed Tax form, Bank Details form and Superannuation form. I am gonna bring a pen and notebook in case there's things to write down. Nametag...*grin* I haven't worn a nametag since like...2005 when I was helping out in orientation in high school! Haha! Thanks shinji!

blakegman

HSC
N/A
POS training ?

Doesnt that take 20 minutes ?

I was shown how to weight fruit/veges and let customers pay by credit or cash and left to figure out the rest largely.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
idiots just spent god knows how much on a complete set of new trollies, but they're SMALL ones....it's so stupid, we need big ones as well

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Ha woman had a massive hissy fit today coz the trolleys were "too big" and its to "make us buy more stuff".

I had to serve in liquor today (I usually do the main store service area) as they only had one person blah blah blah. I don't even have my RSA. The one other staff memeber completely left me, I only ever go into liquor to snap and bag registers at night, didn't have a fucking clue how stuff works there. Customers wouldn't stop asking me questions about whether we sell this/where this is/etc, I had to either point them in a vague direction or apologise and tell them I don't have a clue. I hate being a customer and staff do that, let alone being the staff and looking like a massive douche.

CieL

HSC
jodi..1 said:
Ha woman had a massive hissy fit today coz the trolleys were "too big" and its to "make us buy more stuff"
Tell her to shut up and use a basket.

HSC
I've been on express since I started and I absolutely hate it when the customers put their baskets on the bag rack. How do you expect me to pack your stuff when your basket is blocking my rack? As such, I had to LIFT the heavy basket (filled with things like juice and milk...which weigh a TON) onto the counter...and that strains my back. By the time my shift was over, my back was hurting. :( Doesn't help that I'm going to a chiropractor at uni for mid-back pain treatment eh.

Are we allowed to ask customers to put their stuff onto the counter? We can right?

I wanna get on the belts soooon. I don't like the express cuz it's not doing wonders for my back.

blakegman, my in-store training lasted about 3 hours. My manager was really really nice! She went through the job booklets together. Taught me how to use the machine and she said that it's a matter of getting used to it. Lol. I spent my last hour of my POS training on the checkouts.

Peartie

HSC
AndromedaAiken said:
As such, I had to LIFT the heavy basket (filled with things like juice and milk...which weigh a TON) onto the counter...and that strains my back. By the time my shift was over, my back was hurting.

awwww...... try working in groceries or perishables where we have to lift boxes with MANY cartons of juice or milk or kitty litter etc....then carrying them around the aisles .......heaviest ive had is 25Kgs per box.....

Not trying to be mean just saying it could be a hell of a lot worse!

Ive had a milk pallett start collapsing on me and so i tried stopping it which really put my back out! thats well over 100kgs falling onto me!

but its all part of the job

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Yeah just tell them to move it, I do. Its coz the cbf emptying their fucking basket then have a bitch coz the bags aren't packed properly, empty your basket the way you want your bags to be packed.

CieL

HSC
AndromedaAiken said:
Are we allowed to ask customers to put their stuff onto the counter? We can right?
Of course you can ask customers to unload their baskets onto the counter. I use a belt and ask them to unload the contents from their baskets. Majority of them are nice about it, but you get the random whining bitch.

Peartie

HSC
lol...someone was complaining at our store the other day - because after lining up in the self service lane she said that she shouldnt have to pack her OWN bags... when we pointed out she could use the normal checkouts if she wanted she said "but i wanted to scan the items myself".... wat the? surely if you go to self service you'd know that you would have to pack your own bags!!!

Pilotman

HSC
Today was the official launch of the self serve checkouts!

70 units to be operating nationwide by June and double that by then end of the year.

From what i hear they want EVERY single store that can possibly have them to have them so that it is standard no matter what woolworths you go into and also thats why they are upgrading stores as quick as they can.

Big W will also be getting more s/serve checkouts installed too.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Is it cruisy being in charge of the 4 each or whatever

Benjir

HSC
haha nice thread,
I work in a supermarket, so cruisy. Trained in veg and grocery.
I only work afternoons and weekends, theyre cruise because only 1 manager is on during those times, easy as hell to bludge, eat food, "gain" products haha!
We do work, as well though.

Rude customers shit me off as well, complain about prices and everything they can think of, I feel like saying well fuck off somewhere else see if I care if you dont shop here, I come here tio get paid thats all.

greekgun

HSC
Pilotman said:
Today was the official launch of the self serve checkouts!

70 units to be operating nationwide by June and double that by then end of the year.

From what i hear they want EVERY single store that can possibly have them to have them so that it is standard no matter what woolworths you go into and also thats why they are upgrading stores as quick as they can.

Big W will also be getting more s/serve checkouts installed too.
U lucky woolies bastards. I dont know when coles is going to get them, or if there going to get them at all but i believe that it will be and easy job for the person who has to watch over the customers. I aslo think it will allow customers to see how hard our job is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)