The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
townie said:
i think most of it is change errors, dropping money etc. that just adds up, you'd also be suprised how much is cash office error (because in cash office you tend to focus much more on making sure that the safe is balanced, once things go upstairs change can go into wrong registers etc.)
this is correct. I remember one shift in cash office, where we had to count tills that hadn't been used that day. One of them was out by $100. Exactly. I'm pretty sure that this was a change error, (I queried it with the SSM a couple of days later, and she agreed), but still.

Most tills are out. Last time I was in cash office, myself and the other girl counted 23 tills, all but 2 had substantial errors.

groovygal said:
haha ns ns..nobody cares...but did u have to sign dis sheet....las wk i had a shortage on a shift and on monday i also had a shortage..was pretty shocked when the service manager told me...y always me..yeh maybe its cash office dat stuffed it up cos i really don't remember dropping change or nethin..maybe like 5c but dats it..or maybe its the voids? or customers? argh..dun want it happening again for fear of being let go...
Only errors above $10 are recorded, this allows you to drop the odd 5c piece here and there.
Don't worry too much about, its not something you can be let go for (even on probation) if you count change out to customers and count in the money that they give you.
If your store uses shared tills, then you definately cannot be held solely accountable. I was once on a till that was shared by 4 people between snaps that was out by exactly $200. We were all spoken to, just to acetain if anything had happened, but nothing more than that.

groovygal

HSC
N/A
ooh yeh..prob cos we share tills..i was told the amount iwas out by..n was asked bout it once..den signed..n dats it..must happen quite often..i jus find it quite odd..lol newayz thx for confirming things for me

groovygal

HSC
N/A
oh n do u guys have to do the product ID test..i still need to work on identifying the apples rofl..some of them were like..wtf...is dis red delicious or royal gala..they looked the same..the ones tested...n some i had no idea..like a 'chestnut' had no idea wat that was until i browsed the produce section afta doin the test..i fink the test is good tho..d more u do it..the more u'll be familiar with diff fruit n veg

CieL

HSC
groovygal said:
is dis red delicious or royal gala..they looked the same..
Christ! Get your eyes checked!

Red delicious is probably the easiest one to pick out.
It's dark dark red.... crimson colour in comparison to the others.

groovygal

HSC
N/A
uh..the two that were there looked both like royal gala...i know red delicious is dark crimson..if it was dark i would've known..but it wasn't

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Red delicious looks exactly like the apple Snow White had... cough.

But yes the shares thing, I got excited I had mail, then dissapointed it was from work, then more disappointed realising what it was. I clearly don't get mail often.

Had to go to another store to help with re-fit today. We aren't getting ours done for over a year and are constantly sacrificing our staff to other stores. If we don't get people come help us then I'll be mad grrr.

blakegman

HSC
N/A
Look at the stickers on the apple. If you can;t decide just choose the cheapest apple. Woolies will never know and the customer can't complain.

All our registers are out by over $20 all the time. Never is a problem, don't have to sign anything

HSC
groovygal said:
oh n do u guys have to do the product ID test..
I hate produce ID. I do all that I can to avoid doing them.
We used to be able to use the screen to help us, in which case I'd do really well, but since then I havent done as good.
What i think it is, is that I know which screen a lot of obscure items are on, but as for their name, I wouldnt have a clue.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
oh my.

an o9er wants to hit it off with an o5'er. hahah

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
greekgun said:
*Gives a medal to shinji, and doesnt give lil lelu jack.
and yay.

a meda! *puts medial alongside with other medals. woot.

HSC
Hey guys, has anyone ever been told their appraisal results? I know at Weeks 6 and 10 during your probation, your supervisor does your appraisal? What's that about? How do you ensure you do good in it? I've never had to do the produce test lol...I normally look at the stickers on the apples. Red delicious has bumps on the bottom so yea...gala's got little "yellow" stripey things on their sides sometimes.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
well, considering your supposed to sign your own evaluation, most people should have seen their results

HSC
Oh right...that means mine hasn't been done yet. I found it weird cuz on my "offer" letter in that packet given during induction with your name, store name, pay amount etc., it stated that my Wk6 appraisal was in late April and it's already mid May.

kloudsurfer

HSC
Any other Big Wers around?

I want to know when we get our new shirts. They look great on girls, but terrible on guys. The young guys seem to be able to pull them off, but the look weird on older men because they look kinda gay...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)