The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Our was someone who fell into the box crusher. They still find bits of clothing and flesh in the bales.

brookie94

HSC
This actually happened (though not in Woolies) in Sydney many years ago.
Like. wot.
If it had of been true, he wouldn't have said it so casually.. Lol and we would have all heard about it by now. Haha imagine how much that would hurt before it killed you! Ouuuch!

ytrbut

HSC
It's not actually that dangerous to stand in the bailer, if you know what you're doing and how to emergency-stop it from inside the bailer...we do it all the time, especially nightfill, where delaying changing the bale by cramming another four or five rollcages into the existing bale is a great timesaver.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Mmm there WAS a case with an in depth description of such a death.... though I can't find it to enlighten you all with :(

Harry778

HSC
11-8 supervision tomorrow YAYYYY!! First s/vision shift in aaages. Then I have close this week end WOO! Now..wheres that green vest?

PyroTek

HSC
how does one emergency stop a baler? - We have an upright baler.. not a big one... about rollcage sized.

Worked 7am-6pm today. walked out at 12:30 thinking i was supposed to finish at 12... then "where are you going?"
My world crashed around me when I found out I was working till 6.

We are up to 400-something LTI free days.

Last edited:

Dr1p_Dr0pz

HSC
hey all, ive got a group assessment/interview tomorrow. any tips ?

i was looking at the first 10 pages or so and it doesnt seem to hard, the HR lady told me it will go for 1hour :S

Mannequin25

HSC
Hey everyone :p
its been a while lol
nothing really exciting been happening, ive been doing relief 2ic and next week im have another block of Cert 3 training to do *sigh*
Anyways, anyone from the newcastle area hear about the death of Mayfields store manager on sunday night :(

HSC
hey all, ive got a group assessment/interview tomorrow. any tips ?

i was looking at the first 10 pages or so and it doesnt seem to hard, the HR lady told me it will go for 1hour :S

Just be yourself, help answer questions act involved and show passion and enthusaism towards it....you loose that after you get the job at woolworths :) it generally goes after your first shift or month at the company. Aside from that good luck! :D, my group assessment went for an hour and a half. WOW! went through my old emails found the ones woolworths sent me when I got my job, They were going to get me be a produce assistant, hmm would have prefered that compared to an operator

Last edited:

SS-champion

HSC
Hey!! Yes thats my store and its quite big lol.

On a saturday we usually have all 8 express open and anywhere from 9-12 latge ones open. But I heard someone saying they're getting rid of two express lanes and just have 6..I think they want more people to use self serve.
Wow I am impressed! 8 express open lol... on a Saturday we would have 7-8 large open and only 2-3 express open. We used to have up to 6 express lanes open but now a lot of people go through self serve.

... some people queue at self serve when there is no one waiting at express! lol they just love it haha

HSC
Wow I am impressed! 8 express open lol... on a Saturday we would have 7-8 large open and only 2-3 express open. We used to have up to 6 express lanes open but now a lot of people go through self serve.

... some people queue at self serve when there is no one waiting at express! lol they just love it haha
We usually have all 11 mains open on a Saturday, and probably four of six express open (though we always seem to be calling express alerts so that would mean all would be open). We REALLY need another one or two mains, but then that would just give customers more to complain about I suppose.

A nearby store is getting self serve in the next few weeks - first store in 1.5 to get it. Apaz we're a long way down on the list for self serve/refurbs etc.
(Its amazing what you learn when you have not so sober conversations with your SSS, haha)

HSC
My last shift was about two weeks ago and we were about 367+ LTI lol. :) At first I didn't believe it but owell! :)

HSC
On our Saturdays we usually have 2 express's open and five main lanes open and one self serve operator and two at service, one supervision and other on smokeshop

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)