The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
Oh Woolworths Payroll you absolutely amaze me.

First you don't pay me correctly, which is cool coz I understand it was a public holiday. Then you pay me $9.18 for the hour that I wasn't paid for, which I'm presuming is my 12.68 pay rate minus $3.50 union fees. WHICH I ALREADY PAID FROM THE WEEK BEFORE! And then you pay me AGAIN for this week, but unless I've been taxed about $75 for 17 hours worth of ordinary rates, I have no idea how I've been paid what I've been paid.

(yoddle, the grammar/spelling freak of this thread, what is the difference between paid and payed? I'm struggling here ;))

Payslips needed, I don't understand haha.

EVAN162

HSC
Hey everyone :p
its been a while lol
nothing really exciting been happening, ive been doing relief 2ic and next week im have another block of Cert 3 training to do *sigh*
Anyways, anyone from the newcastle area hear about the death of Mayfields store manager on sunday night :(
Yeah I heard today. I was like :O
O M G

HSC
Oh Woolworths Payroll you absolutely amaze me.

First you don't pay me correctly, which is cool coz I understand it was a public holiday. Then you pay me $9.18 for the hour that I wasn't paid for, which I'm presuming is my 12.68 pay rate minus $3.50 union fees. WHICH I ALREADY PAID FROM THE WEEK BEFORE! And then you pay me AGAIN for this week, but unless I've been taxed about $75 for 17 hours worth of ordinary rates, I have no idea how I've been paid what I've been paid.

(yoddle, the grammar/spelling freak of this thread, what is the difference between paid and payed? I'm struggling here ;))

Payslips needed, I don't understand haha.
There's no such word as payed. :) Paid is the past tense of pay.

ytrbut

HSC
lol, nice to know I'm correct then.

some days I just feel like the resident unintelligent idiot of this thread :cry:
To the best of my knowledge, "payed" is archaic and hence pretty well fully-depreciated. It is, however, still a legitimate word; just rarely used, and there is no situations where it is any better than "paid".

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone :p
its been a while lol
nothing really exciting been happening, ive been doing relief 2ic and next week im have another block of Cert 3 training to do *sigh*
Anyways, anyone from the newcastle area hear about the death of Mayfields store manager on sunday night :(
Yes, so, so, incredibly sad, he will be missed

I think he was actually regional SHE manager at the time, or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Mannequin25

HSC
Yes, so, so, incredibly sad, he will be missed

I think he was actually regional SHE manager at the time, or something along those lines.

Yeah he was. He was doing an audit at our store last wednesday :( Im on our stores SHE team and he attended our meeting.
It so sad, he wasnt that old either. So tragic :(

I swear everyone at our store was sick today lol. The SSO went home, Produce manager, Liquor manager and Seafood manager. My CSM went home as well, so once again, it was just me running service today lol. The Natcom meeting was quite funny, all these sick managers with there heads on the table lmfao.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
ok, this eco rant is a little unrelated to woolworths, but it sort of is....

so you know how there has been discussion about decreasing the size of the receipts/optional receipts etc. well today i saw the most disturbing thing, it actually disgusted me.

i bought an exercise book, paid the $1 in exact cash, and received a receipt for it. i was shocked at how long the receipt was, and what a ridiculous waste of paper it is. ive scanned it and attached it, it was slightly longer than an A4 piece of paper (there was another good 1inch top and bottom of receipt that wouldnt fit on my scanner.)

shocking really, wanted to share that with you, cause imagine if woolies receipts were like that!

oh one other question, anyone get any abusive customers today wanting to pay with debit cards/credit? :p

Last edited:

Harry778

HSC
Had the best day. Starting at 6am tomorrow though -_-

I'm getting over the smoke shop people being lazy so I wrote this in the smoke shop message book:
Due to problems arising with loads not being posted in time, adjustments and the general laziness of people we are going to try something different.
Morning Routine:
Sign out draws and bring down, put in draws. Do non local report, count items on the non local and if anything needs to be adjusted right it in the adjustments book. Even if its FULL print a report and right "no action necessary"
Count negative stock DO NOT ADJUST, right it in the book. Remember to count liquor, look in damaged stock and security cage.

Hopefully this will work..lol.

HSC

I'm getting over the smoke shop people being lazy so I wrote this in the smoke shop message book:
Due to problems arising with loads not being posted in time, adjustments and the general laziness of people we are going to try something different.
Morning Routine:
Sign out draws and bring down, put in draws. Do non local report, count items on the non local and if anything needs to be adjusted right it in the adjustments book. Even if its FULL print a report and right "no action necessary"
Count negative stock DO NOT ADJUST, right it in the book. Remember to count liquor, look in damaged stock and security cage.

:rofl: smokeshop communication book? seriously?
our communication is about 20 mins before close "hey (random supervisor), has anyone received the load yet?"
:haha:

We had a smokeshop file. It broke. All of the papers just get chucked in the draw now.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, harry, love you though i do, i don't think i could work with you

HSC
Harry sounds alright to work with lol, not that bad. Just don't piss him off haha
Thats what I was getting at ;)

(though its not like I can talk. apaz I'm horrible at work, last week I was for some reason in a really good mood and I had three operators and a manager ask me if everything was okay. Its like they expect me to be psycho grumpy :()

NC8000

HSC
N/A
ok, this eco rant is a little unrelated to woolworths, but it sort of is....

so you know how there has been discussion about decreasing the size of the receipts/optional receipts etc. well today i saw the most disturbing thing, it actually disgusted me.

shocking really, wanted to share that with you, cause imagine if woolies receipts were like that!
There will be NO receipts soon if you wish, simply scan items, swipe EDR card, prompt asks you if you want the receipt available online(emailed). select yes and bam, all done ;)

Coming very soon in a store release.

talking about soon.............. 5 more Sydney stores just kicked over to ISIS this morning. No more back office, etc etc the rest will be going very soon. So be prepared to learn some more systems guys. ISIS is a much better system from both a store and support level perspective.

ekul444

HSC
N/A
There will be NO receipts soon if you wish, simply scan items, swipe EDR card, prompt asks you if you want the receipt available online(emailed). select yes and bam, all done ;)

Coming very soon in a store release.
is that for all transactions or just those under $30? really pleased to hear its coming soon :)

yoddle

is cool
HSC

Morning Routine:

Just a tip, if you want to be hated on/achieve your desired outcome with minimum fuss, maybe drop the entire prologue and just write the new routine.

I think only our CSM knows how to do non-local for cigs and she only does it like once a week. The SSS told her she must train ALL supervisors to do it and she hasn't trained ONE, not even the 2IC. Don't go crying to me when she burns your ass in SMARTS.

Erg, tomoz this random supervisor is in charge 1-9, i'm doing 10-7. We get along super well and she's hilarious but she's quite lazy and just actually stands behind the service desk THE ENTIRE TIME except when she has to serve on 8 or get bells. Makes me so angry. I hope I'm on some out of the way register so I don't get mad and want to take over.

HSC
Just a tip, if you want to be hated on/achieve your desired outcome with minimum fuss, maybe drop the entire prologue and just write the new routine.

I think only our CSM knows how to do non-local for cigs and she only does it like once a week. The SSS told her she must train ALL supervisors to do it and she hasn't trained ONE, not even the 2IC. Don't go crying to me when she burns your ass in SMARTS.

Erg, tomoz this random supervisor is in charge 1-9, i'm doing 10-7. We get along super well and she's hilarious but she's quite lazy and just actually stands behind the service desk THE ENTIRE TIME except when she has to serve on 8 or get bells. Makes me so angry. I hope I'm on some out of the way register so I don't get mad and want to take over.
I agree re the prologue. Thats the bit that irks me.

Non-locals are not hard to teach. My SSM taught me in about five minutes flat in January, never had to do another until three weeks ago and I remembered perfectly. Ours are done three times a day.

I totally just used a fight that I had with my SSM last week as the main example in my management presentation for tomorrow. Go me! I will miss him when he leaves :(

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
talking about soon.............. 5 more Sydney stores just kicked over to ISIS this morning. No more back office, etc etc the rest will be going very soon. So be prepared to learn some more systems guys. ISIS is a much better system from both a store and support level perspective.
I got out of Systems just in time then. :p :lol:

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Your log on number has nothing to do with the level of access you have in ISIS. The level you have can be changed by anyone with 'Manager' as their authority level, which will be your senior management - SM, SSM, STM, DM's etc etc.

Most people will just be put in the department manager group.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)