The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
Cannot believe you actually have to ask people if they have green bags. Does it actually happen?

Also, your supervisors sound really really nice - or is that an ideal "how they should speak to you" kind of thing, haha.

HSC
Sick of being fucked around at work :angry:
I checked my roster on sunday said I was doing the same shifts, I did last week, went up to work yesterday, needed a few things but then as soon as I walk in i hear over the PA "Elizabeth, call to service desk!" I go and my boss is like, "Um EXCUSE ME YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK RIGHT NOW!" and I look at her and said, "No tomorrow" turns out they changed the roster around and put the new one in the wrong spot so I was supposed to be doing and didn't have the testes to ring me!

MON: 16:00-20:00 operator
FRI: 16:30-20:30 self serve
SUN: 08:00-15:00/16:00 Operator

So now I am just doing Sunday, because I have always been NA on Fridays and shes like, "Well this is the first I have heard of it it!" grr :( she upset me I was so close to crying at the service desk, But then the grocceries 21C came down and found out what was wrong and gave me a massive hug. :shy:

Sorry had to vent my anger out :)

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
I had a shit day at work yesterday.....as it seems is the common flaw we all have at the moment. LOL

I did the open at the front end and I only had one permanent person to help on registers until 10am, which is the norm. Unfortunately, being we are in a mining town and it now seems that contractors are coming out of the wood work and into our store, I was swamped with customers!! I had a quick chance to look at the schedule and noticed there was no one to cover me for a tea break AND the CSM didn't have anyone down to supervise the front end for an hour and a half! I told the SSM and she got the relieving 3ic to come in early because I sure as hell wasn't going to stay back!!

I was calling for trolley collections (we don't have contracted trolley people we use staff) and it was 50/50 if anyone would go out and do it. Express alerts were OK because at least some of the floor staff who are checkout trained understood.

Then I had a grumpy old bastard of a customer, who was a tourist (the worst kind), who had been in on the 17th and came back yesterday the 24th to ask for some money back because he got over charged on tomatoes last week. I got the SSM approval to do it, and she wasn't very happy about it. He then whipped out another receipt from the 20th stating that he been over charged on a lettuce...again from a week ago!! I gave him the difference on that as well.

The old bastard wanted to start an argument with me as I was trying to read the 2nd crumpled receipt. I must have been making a face trying to read the receipt through my scratched glasses when all of a sudden he yelled at me, "DON'T YOU MAKE THAT FACE AT ME!!" Huh?? I looked up at him when he then said to me, "You'd come back if you were overcharged wouldn't you?" I said, "Yes, I would. But I wouldn't come back a week later." He shut up after that!

The grand total for the old cheap bastard......$2.

Oh, and I got a lovely reaction from my SM when I told him I would be looking for another job in the near future. His words were, "Oh, OK. Cool!" He didn't sit me down and ask why or anything like that. It's nice to know you're wanted eh? Considering that I am classified as multi-skilled at that store, I was upset at his reaction. This is what I can do - systems, a bit of cash office, front end supervising, registers, liquor, receiving of the loads from warehouse and vendors, and back up for the SSM. Oh well, their loss not mine.

brookie94

HSC
Sick of being fucked around at work :angry:
I checked my roster on sunday said I was doing the same shifts, I did last week, went up to work yesterday, needed a few things but then as soon as I walk in i hear over the PA "Elizabeth, call to service desk!" I go and my boss is like, "Um EXCUSE ME YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE AT WORK RIGHT NOW!" and I look at her and said, "No tomorrow" turns out they changed the roster around and put the new one in the wrong spot so I was supposed to be doing and didn't have the testes to ring me!

MON: 16:00-20:00 operator
FRI: 16:30-20:30 self serve
SUN: 08:00-15:00/16:00 Operator

So now I am just doing Sunday, because I have always been NA on Fridays and shes like, "Well this is the first I have heard of it it!" grr :( she upset me I was so close to crying at the service desk, But then the grocceries 21C came down and found out what was wrong and gave me a massive hug. :shy:

Sorry had to vent my anger out :)
oh wow! that sucksss! our store does that sometimes, especially to part timers but its completely wrong and shouldnt happen <33 i feel for ya

Oh, and I got a lovely reaction from my SM when I told him I would be looking for another job in the near future. His words were, "Oh, OK. Cool!" He didn't sit me down and ask why or anything like that. It's nice to know you're wanted eh? Considering that I am classified as multi-skilled at that store, I was upset at his reaction. This is what I can do - systems, a bit of cash office, front end supervising, registers, liquor, receiving of the loads from warehouse and vendors, and back up for the SSM. Oh well, their loss not mine.
what an ass! your SM is a douche.. lol we still <3 you ;)

HSC
oh wow! that sucksss! our store does that sometimes, especially to part timers but its completely wrong and shouldnt happen <33 i feel for ya
I'm fairly sure my store fucks with the part timers more than the casuals.

This week, for instance, I changed around some of my shifts so that I could cover some of the supervision shifts. Then yesterday they rang to say that they were cutting those shifts, so not to bother coming in. So I pointed out that
a) I'm part time and that would leave me with only 6 hours this week (apparantly they now have the right to make me take an hour meal when working 12-7, which takes my base from 10.5 to 10 hours).
b) cutting the four hours I'm doing on friday would only mean that they would have to spend the same money by giving me a thursday shift (on my base roster, I swapped four hours on thursday night for four hours on friday morning)
c) Cutting me out of wednesday would leave noone to supervise front end while the managers meeting is on
d) Why not cut operator shifts, seeing as the supervisors can be operators in express if need be but you cannot expect operators to be supervisors etc etc.
e) I'm dirt cheap in comparison to some of the casuals who work weekdays.

My 4IC was like, yeah, I think you're right, shall I get the SSM to call you back (our CSM isn't back from holidays until today). Noone has called me yet, so I'm going to follow our 3IC's advice and turn up anyway tomorrow.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
This might come across as mean and no offence is intended but......no one is irreplaceable. I know first hand what it is like to be under appreciated, and I guarantee almost everyone on here can relate to that.

We had a Liquor manager leave recently who had been working there for 11 years and she didn't even get a gift or as much as a Thank you for her service.

Last edited:
HSC
This might come across as mean and no offence is intended but......no one is irreplaceable. I know first hand what it is like to be under appreciated, and I guarantee almost everyone on here can relate to that.

We had a Liquor manager leave recently who had been working there for 11 years and she didn't even get a gift or as much as a Thank you for her service.
I completely agree with what you're saying, but TG Fan is in a really really remote store - I'd dare say that it would be almost impossible with her skillset to get someone to go up there without a super amazingly awesome salary package.
Those of you who remember the scenario that pilotdude/pilotman found himself in every single day says it all - why work at woolies when you've got the mine sites across the road.

Just my $0.02.

Harry778

HSC
Farrr out I had some fucking rude customers today. I asked this one guy if he had a rewards card cos he bought $49 vodafone credit and he looked at me for 5 seconds and goes..do you? I was thinking WTF are you seriouse? I just replied with "yeah, and its also a discount card" hahah his face was so funnnay. FUCKING IDIOT. And people go "gimme a plastic bag" for 1 PACKET OF CIGARETTES..geeez you for real?

HSC
I just give them produce bags, then when they go, do you have a normal one? I just go no..hahah! they're just like...right.
problem with that for me is that they can see that two steps from one smokeshop register is an express lane, and an armspan away from the other is a main register.

I'm really digging the idea of seperate smokeshop right now!

I am so sick, and I presume I have open tomorrow. I will be so annoyed if I get there and I don't need to be there.

brookie94

HSC
We've had a guy who's in the SMT program on frontend for like the last 2 weeks.. Argghhhh! He's an idiot, doesn't know what he's doing, and the 3ic hates his guts because 3ic was coming off second best ebb this guy was around.luckily he's gone now.. God he was a dick!!

HSC
Fairly sure my SSO is on crack - she just rang me and said that if I work all day tomorrow I can have saturday off and paid out of sick leave if I want. I asked what the catch was and she was like, uh, I can't tell you yet, I will tell you in the morning.

Some shit is obvi going down...

sethu01

HSC
finished the group interview last week, there were a lot of people there, maybe 15-20. It went well, I have no idea how I did though, they didn't really say much. How long can I expect to get a phone call back?

brookie94

HSC
Fairly sure my SSO is on crack - she just rang me and said that if I work all day tomorrow I can have saturday off and paid out of sick leave if I want. I asked what the catch was and she was like, uh, I can't tell you yet, I will tell you in the morning.

Some shit is obvi going down...
lol that sounds SO shifty.. They probably need something done.. Did you agree to it?

ytrbut

HSC
I have a plethora of innuendo-laden jokes at this point, but I'll bite my tongue :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)