The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Going into winter which is the quieter period there will be very few spare shifts going, because most of the departments have to cut back which means the existing staff members will be looking to take all the available shifts they can.

jirwin

HSC
I just got a job at safeway (woolworths) and had my induction last saturday and my first shift on wednesday. they tell me to come in today to look at the roster and i do

it says not avail (or something like that ) all week for me... does this mean i have no shifts? this is really annoying, i mean how weak is it that they can't give me one shift.....

im thinking about calling up the manager and having a talk with him over this, i dunno but they expect a certain standard and work ethic of us and in return i think it's reasonable for us to expect that ... oh i dunno maybe we get some work?
I understand you are annoyed because you only just started and you would expect them to give you shifts to train you up but I assume you are casual so you have to be prepared to get 0 shifts at times. As a casual there are no guarantee for hours. Just try to accept every shift offered, work back/come in early if needed etc.

bdude

HSC
I just got a job at safeway (woolworths) and had my induction last saturday and my first shift on wednesday. they tell me to come in today to look at the roster and i do

it says not avail (or something like that ) all week for me... does this mean i have no shifts? this is really annoying, i mean how weak is it that they can't give me one shift.....

im thinking about calling up the manager and having a talk with him over this, i dunno but they expect a certain standard and work ethic of us and in return i think it's reasonable for us to expect that ... oh i dunno maybe we get some work?
Maybe the person who was doing the roster for that week thought you weren't going to be ready to start yet.

HSC
Everyone's first week they start on zero shifts. But definitely speak to your department manager and let them know you're ready and willing to work :)

Harry, it was fucked. We calculated that we were NINE PEOPLE DOWN, we brought in extras for the morning (an extra 2 hours for me, 3 hours for someone else and an hour and a half for someone else) but then past 12/1pm that was useless because none of the morning kids would stay, and I don't blame them. The whole day just really got to everyone. I had a go at the front end staff as a whole at close because it was 5.30, I had just got back from my break, and there was no effort at all made by anyone to get draws out and into a trolley to be taken upstairs. The incharge supervisor was sat doing reports, the other one was filling drinks. The whole situation annoys me, I did not start counting upstairs until 6pm, and I'm rostered to finish at 6.30. But I got 22 draws done in 45 minutes (plus a phone call from CMS - the NF Captain had alarmed cash office and we were clearly still there) with no mistakes. I was mighty impressed. Left at 7.30, still bad but not nearly as bad as last week.

Felt really sorry for the express alert people though :( I don't think anything got done in grocery.

Oh, and it was raining today too. Why do people want to come out when its raining?

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC

Hello.

It is the same for everybody. The week AFTER your training/first shift, you get NIL shifts, I even got the same. It's nothing against you or anything caused by confusion. Check the roster for the following week and you will have shifts.

Thank you.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
huzzah for 12-10pm shift. leg's are totally GG'd. Was so busy for some reason - and we were like totally smashed. =/

Was like the boss of the dept this evening though. Had to change the status of the load from authorised --> received to print out the received orders sheet. First time doing it. haha.

HSC
huzzah for 12-10pm shift. leg's are totally GG'd. Was so busy for some reason - and we were like totally smashed. =/

Was like the boss of the dept this evening though. Had to change the status of the load from authorised --> received to print out the received orders sheet. First time doing it. haha.
was it raining today in syd? why do people decide to come out to the supermarket when its raining, ffs?

jirwin

HSC
my store was heaps busy between 12.30 -3.30 yesterday and it was raining all day.

Harry778

HSC
Well, yesterday was just as bad as I thought it was going to bed. Didn't die down till about 10.30pm. I had, operators needing to vomit, smashed ginger beer right in the middle of self serve, lost children, then her drugged up mum came in and started yelling EBONY...EBONY!!!! OMGF SHES ONLY 2 YEARS OLD, the girl was standing right at the service desk her mum ran past her twice! Nothing was done, didnt get out till 1.30 -_- Hope today is betterrrr.

HSC
Well, yesterday was just as bad as I thought it was going to bed. Didn't die down till about 10.30pm. I had, operators needing to vomit, smashed ginger beer right in the middle of self serve, lost children, then her drugged up mum came in and started yelling EBONY...EBONY!!!! OMGF SHES ONLY 2 YEARS OLD, the girl was standing right at the service desk her mum ran past her twice! Nothing was done, didnt get out till 1.30 -_- Hope today is betterrrr.
Poor You :( what time does your store shut and were shut by 10, I am not keen on work today....1-6 :rofl: If they ask me to stay back till 10 on Self serve i might just accept if not No thanks gotta try and finish my SAC essay, which i had the motivation for yesterday morning and by the afternoon came along after doing cleaning it all disappeared and my motivation has depleted again this morning, but i'm trying to finish it by 12:30

timw7845

Somewhere near the mountains... somewhere near the
HSC
Hi everyone :)

Quick background on myself, 19, part time checkout chuck, sup on thursday nights and smokeshop/sup on saturdays with my CSM or 2IC.

Managed to stop a theft tonight, a guy tried to walk out of the store with $340 worth of meat, and a frying pan. Quite happy with myself :spin:
cause thats not half obvious.. hahaha

bdude

HSC
Apparently we had some guys try and make off with a few bags of meat, It had to happen during my break. All I know is that our SSM is a damn good runner.

HSC
We were pretty busy today and we had the groccery manager and a groccery guy in today and thats all in grocceries/longlife while we had 3 people finishing at 4, 1 finishing at 5 and 3 at 6 and 2 at 7, so the supervisor was frantic lol

same roster next week yew :)
tue-16:00-20:00 self serve
sun: 13:00-18:00 operator

jirwin

HSC
Hey everyone,

For TAFE I have to put together a 3min audio montage for the theme 'A day in the life of...'. I've chosen to do A day in the Life of a Service Assistant.

I've put together a draft version of my script and was wondering if you guys could take a look at it and offer any suggestions/feedback. I've roughly timed it and it takes about 1min 20sec but that's without any sound effects. I could just pad it out with the beeping from scanning items but my teacher doesn't want to listen to 3min of beeping.

http://tafe.jessirwin.com.au/script.txt

So yea, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bdude

HSC
Hey everyone,

For TAFE I have to put together a 3min audio montage for the theme 'A day in the life of...'. I've chosen to do A day in the Life of a Service Assistant.

I've put together a draft version of my script and was wondering if you guys could take a look at it and offer any suggestions/feedback. I've roughly timed it and it takes about 1min 20sec but that's without any sound effects. I could just pad it out with the beeping from scanning items but my teacher doesn't want to listen to 3min of beeping.

http://tafe.jessirwin.com.au/script.txt

So yea, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Good job, for some reason this part: "Customer:
No sorry, left them in the car, I was only coming in for a few items.

(Laugh)"

made me laugh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)