The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
Jeez! I tried to apply a job for Woolies here at Ballina (theres two Woolies supermarkets) for 5 times and i never got a job. I ended up at KFC for few shifts and i gave up working because they were underpaid me!

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
tillllly said:
haha
yeah its poo i agree
i have a 10 hour shift every sunday on front desk
from before we open until after we shut

i feel like dying every time.

good moneys however
wouldn't that be more than 10hrs? <.<

@Trampoline Man: welcome to the Woolworths thread. lol. How was your first shift? watcha end up doing? you'll eventually have more tasks assigned to you to do which is exciting when you learn somethingnew. lol.. Just gotta earn the manager's trust in knowing what you're doing and how much of a fast learner you are.

Like today, i got to use the RF Unit. XD
Scanned products, entered Expiry date, and then packed it on shelf.
I stuffed up the first one i think though. Hmm. oh well. lol.

andbtw, what were you doing there after they left?

HSC
First shift consisted of putting meat through the packing machine, and stacking the shelves in the meat department.

Once I was alone all I did was stack shelves for a while, but since I had no idea where the stuff I needed was in the cool room, I ended up going home a bit early.

TBH after three induction sessions, my "on job training" was almost non-existant, as the department manager doesn't work weekends, and none of the people there had trained someone before. I don't even have my number to log in at the start and end of my shifts, which is a worry, but I'm told it'll get taken care of.

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
Just use the temporary sign-in book, and when you see a manager, let them know you're not in the FingerScan system, they'll get someone from Cash Office or the SSM to enter you into the system.... I prefer the book I reckon, those fuckin finger things HATE me!

greekgun

HSC
townie said:
in 15 days we've gone 5 years without a time lost injury
Holy shit thats pretty impressive. What department is this in? or is it 5 years without injury of the whole store?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
babikakez said:
That doesn't even make any sense....do you mean 15 years and 5 years perhaps?
as in, in 15 days, it marks 5 years since our last time lost injuray

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
babikakez said:
That doesn't even make any sense....do you mean 15 years and 5 years perhaps?
lol and your doing your hsc this year.
means in 15 days, it'll be their 5th year in a row without an injury.

First shift consisted of putting meat through the packing machine, and stacking the shelves in the meat department.

Once I was alone all I did was stack shelves for a while, but since I had no idea where the stuff I needed was in the cool room, I ended up going home a bit early.

TBH after three induction sessions, my "on job training" was almost non-existant, as the department manager doesn't work weekends, and none of the people there had trained someone before. I don't even have my number to log in at the start and end of my shifts, which is a worry, but I'm told it'll get taken care of.
Sounds pretty cool. no customer service which is a plus, except for when another department calls you like we (the deli) do all the time :]
I've never trained anyone before, but i'm starting to do it now that we have new staff coming in. I've only been working there for around 2 yrs, so if I can do it, i'm not sure why they wouldn't be able to. Meat dept. staff usually are long term staff.

And you'll be fine without the payroll number yet. It's after several weeks taht you should be worrying :]

Just use the temporary sign-in book, and when you see a manager, let them know you're not in the FingerScan system, they'll get someone from Cash Office or the SSM to enter you into the system.... I prefer the book I reckon, those fuckin finger things HATE me!
I use the sign in book every time. It's always a plus; u arrive late, but sign in as though you started on time.. haha. The finger scanner doesn't seem to have me on the system. And i coudln't seriously be stuffed going and finding a manager to fix it up. lol

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
/\ I know its annoying, but call someone. I find it rude if people just automatically enter your numbers. And I hope you do it when they're working...coz if their numbers go through when they're not even working you get caught out.

born2b

HSC
jodi..1 said:
/\ I know its annoying, but call someone. I find it rude if people just automatically enter your numbers. And I hope you do it when they're working...coz if their numbers go through when they're not even working you get caught out.
LOL now thats exactly what i did lol

it was fken busy as that day anyway- last customer until lunch break worked 5/8 hourrs straight and then i ring that damn bell and no one comes

i entred the code and the next day i got caught coz lol that person wasnt working that day!!!:ninja:

got councelled the next day they FORCED! me to resign coz i didnt have a nice record anyways.. multiple councellings so they made me resign on the spot or they would fire me! thats not what had made me scared they said ohh we could have Loss prevention in here so i just said ok u know ill sign

anyways called union they had a talk they said they will help me out

i had a transfer in for dick smith one month before and union said help with my transfer

then i was told by the boss it will be done int 2 weeks etc.. kept doing that for 2 months

now 6 months later

then i just gave up.. should i go back? because i was full on forced and im jobless and i have tried nearly every online job around:mad:

HSC
jodi..1 said:
I've done that once, I put through my CSM's numbers when he wasn't working, I wasn't caught but I didn't do it again after that.

Even if the supervisor is working, you can still be caught and counselled. Two girls from my store were caught and subsequently counselled, but that was the end of the issue. I just wouldn't be doing it myself again.

tillllly

HSC
shinji said:
wouldn't that be more than 10hrs? <.<
your a dickhead shinji.
on sundaays were open from 9-6 making it 9 hours im there half an hour before we open until half an hour after we close this when added... is equal to 10 hours.

x

born2b

HSC
tillllly said:
your a dickhead shinji.
on sundaays were open from 9-6 making it 9 hours im there half an hour before we open until half an hour after we close this when added... is equal to 10 hours.

x
well dude it was thought that you worked at woolies

i think ....

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
tillllly said:
your a dickhead shinji.

x
Why the hate?

as Born2b stated, i thought you worked at woolworths.
At woolworth's, it is open from 6am to 10pm on sundays. So what's the give? That rude comment was completely uncalled for.

CieL

HSC
tillllly said:
your a dickhead shinji.

x
Work at where?
Woolies?

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Bahhh I hate Woolies! We're soo understaffed and the wanker area manager came in today, and it was insanely busy as usual, but he did nothing. There was only me (supervising) and one other girl on express queued about 20 back and the manager wouldn't stop telling me to do stuff that the area manager asked, like sweep the floor.

But oh god I love other people who just go off at bitchy customers, for example, the conversation I heard today.
Customer: *whinging about the lack of staff*
Employee: Where are your kids?
Customer: At home watching tv...
Employee: And how old are they?
Customer: 15...
Employee: Well why don't you tell them to get off their arse and get a job here then THEY can serve you.

Meh /long post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)