The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

S

Slide

i work at dick smith

they dont seem to be making much money, like big w.

im sick of the mystery shopper bullshit and them saying its our fault

in other news group certificates out already on allyours which is excellent

Last edited by a moderator:

nanakid12

HSC
Welcome to My Wollies
No, its MY woolies :)

i work at dick smith

they dont seem to be making much money, like big w.

im sick of the mystery shopper bullshit and them saying its our fault

in other news group certificates out already on allyours which is excellent
I'm starting to think the customer gets sick of me talking, having to now say thank you at the end of the transaction.
Managed to get my tax return lodged as well today cause of that. Lovin' epayslips.
--------------------

Did my first raincheck the other day which was fun. Also getting better on the PA which is nice.

BTW we were wondering this the other day, what do you reckon would happen if you transferred an external phone call onto the PA? Not that I'm actually gonna do it or anything (seriously!), but we were wondering what would happen. Haha

Jolyon

HSC
Saying "Thank you for shopping with us" at the end is so horrid. All for 20 points with mystery shopper... which is kinda alot actually for one thing. But still EVERY customer it is "Thank you for shopping with us". I have had a few laugh. Thank god I spend alot of time not operating

nanakid12

HSC
Saying "Thank you for shopping with us" at the end is so horrid. All for 20 points with mystery shopper... which is kinda alot actually for one thing. But still EVERY customer it is "Thank you for shopping with us". I have had a few laugh. Thank god I spend alot of time not operating
I said "Thank you for shopping with us" to one customer and she looked at me like I was the biggest retard she's ever laid eyes on. So now, it's just "Thank you, have a nice day" which still doesnt really sound right, but it's still polite and has it in there.
Besides I was only told to say thank you, not "thank you for shopping with us".

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I've scored 100% on all of my mystery shops and I say "There's your receipt, have a night day/night" or "have a good one". I am relaxed with my customers, never had a customer go off at me for calling them "mate" or anything.
I personally believe customers like to be treated like humans, not like robots with "sir/mam" bullshit. I'll greet customers by saying "gidday matey" (not bogan like though obviously).

You can't transfer people to the P.A extension, i've tried :p *evil grin*

Jolyon

HSC
I said "Thank you for shopping with us" to one customer and she looked at me like I was the biggest retard she's ever laid eyes on. So now, it's just "Thank you, have a nice day" which still doesnt really sound right, but it's still polite and has it in there.
Besides I was only told to say thank you, not "thank you for shopping with us".
The memo we got from national office said two changes to service. First was the "Priority One" call for any Service Alerts and the second was to say "Thankyou for Shopping with us today" to every customer and for 20 points towards our Mystery Shopper. So we told our whole department to say that.

Jolyon

HSC
I've scored 100% on all of my mystery shops and I say "There's your receipt, have a night day/night" or "have a good one". I am relaxed with my customers, never had a customer go off at me for calling them "mate" or anything.
I personally believe customers like to be treated like humans, not like robots with "sir/mam" bullshit. I'll greet customers by saying "gidday matey" (not bogan like though obviously).

Most days I am like that too. Then others I am a robot haha

S

Slide

No, its MY woolies :)

I'm starting to think the customer gets sick of me talking, having to now say thank you at the end of the transaction.
Managed to get my tax return lodged as well today cause of that. Lovin' epayslips.
--------------------

Did my first raincheck the other day which was fun. Also getting better on the PA which is nice.

BTW we were wondering this the other day, what do you reckon would happen if you transferred an external phone call onto the PA? Not that I'm actually gonna do it or anything (seriously!), but we were wondering what would happen. Haha
they even send it to etax faster nowadays.

yes did my tax return today. should mean ill get it faster as im one of the earlier people to lodge as everyones waiting for payslips

bouncingCats

HSC
The memo we got from national office said two changes to service. First was the "Priority One" call for any Service Alerts and the second was to say "Thankyou for Shopping with us today" to every customer and for 20 points towards our Mystery Shopper. So we told our whole department to say that.
Would love to try it on a customer at smokeshop.... "Thank You for Shopping with us today"

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
Ha, I did my taxes first thing in the morning on the 30th.

We were told to say thank you for shopping with us. I think I said it once. Seriously, if they want to hear the exact same thing said to them every time they shop they can use the self serve machines.

We haven't had Priority One mentioned to us in our shop yet, but I'm looking forward to when they do. Although we will need to have more staff register trained, it's ridiculous.

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC

We were told to say thank you for shopping with us. I think I said it once. Seriously, if they want to hear the exact same thing said to them every time they shop they can use the self serve machines.

We haven't had Priority One mentioned to us in our shop yet, but I'm looking forward to when they do. Although we will need to have more staff register trained, it's ridiculous.
I probably won't pay tax this year, considering i didn't make the first bracket. But some tax got put away (because i did alot of hours one week) and i haven't got the tax thing from thegovernment.

I also love the pay summaries

Jolyon

HSC

Pretty much everyone who is not in a fresh food department is trained in our store, and they have to all come to the Priority One call. Our SM goes off at them if they don't haha

nanakid12

HSC
Would love to try it on a customer at smokeshop.... "Thank You for Shopping with us today"
Haha, that's actually where I tried it when I got looked at like I was a retard.

I usually only call little kids matey (not little girls though haha). I think its the fact that older people seem to prefer to be able to do it to younger people. Well, thats my belief anyways :) I usually just call them kiddo as well.

Damn (about the PA), I might give it a go one day though I'll be the one on the line ;)

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
You must be so secure in your superiority, if the only way you can feel better about yourself is to falsely assume others are less worthy than yourself. I pity you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)