The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

nanakid12

HSC
Has anyone ever heard any major stuff-ups on their PA? I remember a few years back, this dude in the deli always use to screw it up.

One time, he kept stumbling over saying a word so after 2-3 attempts, he just stopped and SHOUTED it.

Another time, instead of saying "come on over to the deli and grab yourself a fantastic bargain!" he said "come on over to the deli and grab yourself a fantastic... chicken!" (he must have forgot the word bargain, so just threw the word chicken in there lol).

i need a job wait jokes i'm not inferior
Wow, at least I'm getting some income.

Last edited:

Jolyon

HSC
Has anyone ever heard any major stuff-ups on their PA? I remember a few years back, this dude in the deli always use to screw it up.

One time, he kept stumbling over saying a word so after 2-3 attempts, he just stopped and SHOUTED it.

Another time, instead of saying "come on over to the deli and grab yourself a fantastic bargain!" he said "come on over to the deli and grab yourself a fantastic... chicken!" (he must have forgot the word bargain, so just threw the word chicken in there lol).
Haha when I forget a word I stop and then think and then say it after a long pause. Mostly it is "Longlife service 40 to register..... *what register*... 10. Service 40 to register 10"

brookie94

HSC

Haha when I forget a word I stop and then think and then say it after a long pause. Mostly it is "Longlife service 40 to register..... *what register*... 10. Service 40 to register 10"
alllll the time.. HAHAH deli seems to always be the worst for stuff ups.. then yeh always the long pauses to remember register numbers or what you wanted.. hahaha.
one of the best is when someone goes to call someone to the service desk and while theyre doing the call the person turns up so they either just hang up or are like oh.. forget that call HAHA

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
Haha, yeah I'm very farmiliar with the long pauses and the register numbers. I remember stuttering like a bitch the first time I had to use the PA and pausing a lot :)

A deli assistant had also just announced the seafood specials and then you heard her say "oh, is that all we got left?" to another employee hahaha laughed for ages.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I'm an absolute gun on the P.A. I can confidently get up and say anything on the spot. I am the 'announcer' at my store, everybody get's me to do the shopping centre closing announcements and all.
I have had several customers physically come up and compliment me on my beautiful voice and smoothness of the announcement. One lady goes "That was absolutely lovely, I felt like I was on an airplane the entire time!"

*blushed*

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I okay at the P.A.

At the service desk we have this really awesome girl who is soo good. During the Big W toy sale she sung songs on the P.A and it was pretty good.

nanakid12

HSC
I'm an absolute gun on the P.A. I can confidently get up and say anything on the spot. I am the 'announcer' at my store, everybody get's me to do the shopping centre closing announcements and all.
I have had several customers physically come up and compliment me on my beautiful voice and smoothness of the announcement. One lady goes "That was absolutely lovely, I felt like I was on an airplane the entire time!"

*blushed*
Haha, nice. I'm getting better at it, I've only started supervising and using it recently and until a few days ago I've hated talking on it.
But now I'm starting to love it. I really wanna try and sell a special on it one day and be like talkin' to the customers

"So come on down and grab this fantastic special in the produce department today? Wouldn't you love this ma'am? Come on, sure have a try! 10% off these fruit salads, Thank you for shopping at Woolworths"
Somethin like that?

I okay at the P.A.

At the service desk we have this really awesome girl who is soo good. During the Big W toy sale she sung songs on the P.A and it was pretty good.
Really?! Haha I wanna sing on the PA now. I know I'd never live it down, and I'd lose all my self-respect, but hey! Thats just me though =)
-------------------------
Also, just noticed this, what happened to all the old guy's and girl's avatars? iMathew, your woolies logo avatar- it's gone!!

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Haha, nice. I'm getting better at it, I've only started supervising and using it recently and until a few days ago I've hated talking on it.
But now I'm starting to love it. I really wanna try and sell a special on it one day and be like talkin' to the customers

"So come on down and grab this fantastic special in the produce department today? Wouldn't you love this ma'am? Come on, sure have a try! 10% off these fruit salads, Thank you for shopping at Woolworths"
Somethin like that?

Really?! Haha I wanna sing on the PA now. I know I'd never live it down, and I'd lose all my self-respect, but hey! Thats just me though =)
It was a fun night.

A few managers of mine aren't good at using the P.A

Jolyon

HSC
The worst thing I have done on the PA (and this was when I started) was answer the phone and it was a call for someone so I put them on hold and get on the PA extension and go "Paul soandso Service 30 Line.... *at this point I see four flashing lights and think ohh fuck* line 2 or 3. Service 30 line 2 or 3. My CSM looked at me so awkwardly. Needless to say I didn't touch the phone again for a few months. Now I can do it confidently.

terminator69

HSC
Wow, I never knew there were supermarket fanboys and/or nerds. You learn something everyday.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Wow, I never knew there were supermarket fanboys and/or nerds. You learn something everyday.
Shut up idiot.

Somethin like that?

-------------------------
Also, just noticed this, what happened to all the old guy's and girl's avatars? iMathew, your woolies logo avatar- it's gone!!
? I can see it, it's right here? http://community.boredofstudies.org/image.php?u=1610915866&dateline=1260174814

nanakid12

HSC
The worst thing I have done on the PA (and this was when I started) was answer the phone and it was a call for someone so I put them on hold and get on the PA extension and go "Paul soandso Service 30 Line.... *at this point I see four flashing lights and think ohh fuck* line 2 or 3. Service 30 line 2 or 3. My CSM looked at me so awkwardly. Needless to say I didn't touch the phone again for a few months. Now I can do it confidently.
Hahahaha smooth :)

Fanboy/nerd eh?
I really don't see how I (or anyone else here) is a nerd for talking on a PA... so screw you. :)

I can't see it. It doesn't appear there when i click the link either :/ mine does, and so does j-urhig and a few others, but not yours.
EDIT: Actually scratch that mine doesn't either. But j-urhigs does.

Last edited:

terminator69

HSC
Fanboy/nerd eh?
I really don't see how I (or anyone else here) is a nerd for talking on a PA... so screw you. :)
Not for talking, but for saying you love it and being all excited about requesting pricechecks and advertising to people.

Shut up idiot.
That's not how you should be talking to a fellow Woolworths Limited employee and a customer of Woolworths Supermarkets. You are a disgrace to your beloved company.

nanakid12

HSC
Bloody hell, I'm not that excited about it, it's just something I wanna try sometime. I don't ever remember any of us all joyful and happy about requesting price checks?

Though I will admit, am excited about supervising. I'm sure the novelty will wear off someday though...

terminator69

HSC
Bloody hell, I'm not that excited about it, it's just something I wanna try sometime. I don't ever remember any of us all joyful and happy about requesting price checks?
Lol I really should never have quoted you for simply saying that you love the PA system, when this iMatthew guy talks about how he is an "absolute gun" on it and people love his "beautiful voice". I am sure his coworkers would think he had down down down syndrome if he started talking passionately to them about his love of menial retail tasks.

BSammy

HSC
Yeah man, fuck people who enjoy their job. How dare they get paid and have fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)