The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

powlmao

Banned
HSC
lol, i guess mine can get boring (I work on the floor) but it is still pretty fun and good .

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Lol I really should never have quoted you for simply saying that you love the PA system, when this iMatthew guy talks about how he is an "absolute gun" on it and people love his "beautiful voice". I am sure his coworkers would think he had down down down syndrome if he started talking passionately to them about his love of menial retail tasks.
Lol just fuck off you clown, seriously. You must live a great life, have nothing better to do other than troll in a thread to make your own miserable life seem better :)

Jolyon

HSC
Did some shopping in Town Hall Woolworth today. Three stories up and checkouts on all 3 floors. Looked like the CSM was on one floor and has supers on the other two. Insanely busy too. Looked quite new and flash too, considering it was the first Woolworths haha

hesaid

HSC
Would anyone that works at big w like to shine some light on the promotion process? ie. how does someone move up to self serve or to somewhere like home ent? I'm not sure if it's the kind of thing where a manager or service supervisor has a random idea to promote people or whether they have to ask for it.

Jolyon

HSC
Would anyone that works at big w like to shine some light on the promotion process? ie. how does someone move up to self serve or to somewhere like home ent? I'm not sure if it's the kind of thing where a manager or service supervisor has a random idea to promote people or whether they have to ask for it.
With Woolworths to get to do Self Serve or be given supervisor privileges you just do a god damn good job and hope you Customer Service Manager notices you. Saying yes to extra shifts also helps with this. Did with me

BSammy

HSC
With Woolworths, you have to work in an understaffed store, and just sort of be there when we need someone in self serve. Then, when all the self serve registers are unusable i'll put you in the smoke shop while i get them all going again, and cover self serve myself. Putting me behind in my register counting for the night.

Ha, I had a bad night recently.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I actually want to do some cash work because of what i want to do when i am older, but i always work on the floor :(

However at our store, there are 2 main register staff whom are given supervisory roles. The good thing is thoses staff are really nice as well as our supervisors/managers

terminator69

HSC
Nope, i am not trainned on the checkout
Most of the people on my store are checkout trained and I thought this was a "pre requisite" of sorts before moving onto the floor.

Would you ask the Admin Manager if you wanted to some variation of the roles?
I think so. My BM admin was the person who organised my checkout training but I didn't go out and ask for it. My normal BM admin is now on leave and I'm not sure who is replacing them but a lot of my coworkers seemed to be getting trained on other areas of the store recently, so I wonder who is organising this. I guess it could be just the cash office person giving random people jobs when creating the rosters.

Last edited:

powlmao

Banned
HSC
My store is a bit difference. Everyone really only is assigned to one area i.e some people only do checkout, some only do floor etc.

All the managers love me, so Ill drop a note in asking if on weekends i could do some checkout/floor assistant work

terminator69

HSC
All the managers love me, so Ill drop a note in asking if on weekends i could do some checkout/floor assistant work
But who really has the power in the end? If by "managers" do you mean business managers of random departments or line manager?

powlmao

Banned
HSC
I was asking about what kind of manager has the power to give you those extra shifts (roles), not about what type of managers love you.
oh lol. The General manager has the final say. But all business managers can ask for certain staff members to work in their department.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)