The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Regardless, any extra bit of 'official training' you can acquire, like Cert II in retail will only benefit you in the future. May as well do it even if you aren't planning on going into retail.

quick90

HSC
Also its free, so I guess i've got nothing to lose.
Just not really sure what I'm meant to be writing in the letter...

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Regardless, any extra bit of 'official training' you can acquire, like Cert II in retail will only benefit you in the future. May as well do it even if you aren't planning on going into retail.
Thats right, I did cert III when I first became a 2IC even though I am completeing a uni degree in another field, I think it definitely helped me to provide better service and to be a better manager. Plus your books are provided and you are paid to attend the courses. Its also an extra qualifaction you can put on your resume. I never had to write a letter though, thats odd, different area HR I guess.

britto89

HSC
A "quick" search on StoreNET should give you the answer and a SOP to go with it. If the customer is already registered and looks like they can handle a computer then I tell them to go to the website and sort it out. If it was someone coming up to me and saying they were confused then i'd direct them to the 1300 Number.

Citrix numbers are one set of numbers i'm yet to cross off my list. I've had management FrontOffice, ISIS, registers and alarms but not Citrix or HOST and am interested in how access to them can provide customers better service.

In other news I learnt how to do a SCO close the other night, it was my first experience with them as i normally work in liquor and hadn't worked plain old checkouts in years.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Amazing. It's brilliant that I can see who's working and when they are working! I hope they do not take that feature away, I mean, I can walk in the store and see every bodies roster anyway, so it doesn't really matter!

wistle

HSC
Sorry of topic, but was the SSM or CSM the front end manager? or am I completely wrong?

bensneddon

HSC
CSM (customer service manager) is the 'front end manager'
SSM (store services manager) no longer exists. (as of this week???)
CSM is now the Customer Service Team Leader. I wonder if we will abbreviate that to CSTL? :p

SSM's are progressively being phased out with the Store Simplification rollout being managed by area/regional teams. Most SSM's will become Inventory Managers if they aren't promoted to ASM (Assistant Store Manager) or choose to step down to another role.

bouncingCats

HSC
CSM is now the Customer Service Team Leader. I wonder if we will abbreviate that to CSTL? :p

SSM's are progressively being phased out with the Store Simplification rollout being managed by area/regional teams. Most SSM's will become Inventory Managers if they aren't promoted to ASM (Assistant Store Manager) or choose to step down to another role.
I thought it was 'Customer Service Team Manager'. Documents I've seen on Storenet have been referring Service Managers as 'Customer Service Team Managers' or CSTM. hmmm, maybe I should double check....

SSM's becoming Inventory Managers? From what I've seen from the store management structure, it looks like a quite a demotion....

bensneddon

HSC
I thought it was 'Customer Service Team Manager'. Documents I've seen on Storenet have been referring Service Managers as 'Customer Service Team Managers' or CSTM. hmmm, maybe I should double check....

SSM's becoming Inventory Managers? From what I've seen from the store management structure, it looks like a quite a demotion....
Sorry, I meant to say - most SSMs will become Longlife Managers, while most existing Longlife (Grocery) Managers will become Inventory Managers.

Last edited:

britto89

HSC
I always joked and said the day I quit woolworths would be the day i was referred to as a "team member/player" lol. I personally don't like the terms team leader/manager and don't see the point of them. everyone (staff and customers) can understand that a store has a manager, that manager has managers underneath him/her and underneath managers live staff. Its a simple structure thats worked accross industry effectivly for years.

I also like the positions Customer Service Manager and Supervisor as when you introduce a customer (who is having an issue) to them they can instantly see that is is the manager incharge of their "customer service" and is able to help with their issue. People like knowing they're speaking to your boss.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hah, CSTM, that reminds me of the days when I was trying to get a job at KFC. From memory, they have CSTM (customer service team member) and FSTM (food service team member) / aka counter bitch and cook.
But that is completely irrelevant.

bensneddon

HSC
Senior Management Changes:
Greg Foran (Director - Food, Petrol and Liquor, Australia and New Zealand) will be leaving Woolworths within the next few months to pursue new career opportunities. His replacement has been headhunted and will be announced shortly.

Steve Greentree (General Manager - Woolworths Liquor Group) has been appointed to the Woolworths Management Board and will now report directly to Grant O'Brien (CEO Designate)

David Chambers (Managing Director - Progressive Enterprises) will also now report directly to Grant O'Brien

Luke Dunkerley (General Manager - Marketing for Supermarkets) has been appointed to the position of General Manager - Consumer and Corporate Marketing for the Woolworths Group and will work "closely with all the trading divisions, and in particular with the new Home Improvement business Masters." He will also report directly to Grant O'Brien

Elizabeth Ryley (Communications Manager - Progressive Enterprises) has been appointed as General Manager - Marketing for Supermarkets

Last edited:

john-91

HSC
I'm working as a service supervisor for woolworths, I'm curious to know, if the CSM position has been renamed to Customer Service Team Manager, has the service supervisor position been renamed as well?

brookie94

HSC
Yeah, like what happened to babikakez and Harry? I notice townie still around.
babikakez and wixie decided they were above us.. lol theyre both gone from facebook..
harrys still around.. just not on here haha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)