The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

rhan90

HSC
It should be in the cash office, speak to somebody when you go in next and they will have a look for you.
BTW: They usually take more than two weeks. Allow up to a month.
Thanks for the reply :) I won't get my hopes up about it finally being til I see it.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Unfortunately, it's these little things that have been mounting up to me wanting to call it quits with Woolies.

The only problem is, I love Woolies as a company, and as a retailer; but the staff at my store drive me absolutely fucking bonkers!
I know what you mean, definitely. I want to quit or move to a subsidiary. I fucking hate it. I swear the only thing I enjoy doing at this job is catching crims.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
All Yours, "Natural Redheads" WTF?

Also, about a month and a half ago I told my CSTM I needed yesterday, and next Saturday off - I'm a casual.

Apparently she didn't write it in the diary, then went on leave, leaving the 2IC to handle rosters.
The 2IC rostered me on yesterday 3:30 - 6:30, which I only found out by chance when a colleague said that they would see me at work later on (I found this out at about 3ish that day - then checked the Online Rosters)
So I pushed my plans back and - not wanting to piss off whoever was there - I went in for my 3 hour shift.
Midway through my shift, I get told to go to break. But hang on, you don't get a break for a 3 hour shift?! Someone had extended my shift without telling me.

So anyway, we call our 19 year old duty manager up to the service desk, who basically has the opinion of "meh, figure it out yourselves" - but then suggests I should go home at 6:30 as I should have, which the supervisor-on-duty agreed to.

So then this other supervisor who was there decides to go and ring the 2IC to ask her what was going on, and apparently someone rang me during the week and asked to extend my shift. This I have zero recollection of, if I had actually been called, I would have told them I wasn't meant to be working anyway and to replace my shift.

So, mini-argument ensues with this rude supervisor who goes and whinges to the duty manager that I knew I was meant to be there until 8:30, and now I have to have a "meeting" with the store manager, and the SSM-or whatever you call it these days (who is the duty manager's mum)

So, thoughts of what could happen at this meeting? I get the feeling they're going to try and pin some sort of shit on me...
you did nothing wrong, miscommunications happen all the time, if this happened in my store there would never be a meeting to address it! If you feel uncomfortable about the meeting, ask to have your store union delegate present.

_be

HSC
Have you had that?
Yep, a few weeks back. They had a trolley full of cooler bags with meat in them, noticed they were being followed by a group of burly longlife assistants, so they made a break for one of the emergency exits.
The alarms, plus us chasing them, must have given them enough of a fright to pull a knife of one of us, ditch the trolley and run.

Luckily the Police only needed one glance at the footage to know who they were and went and picked them up.

Also about my shift issue, got a phone call from the SSM today who can confirm that this person definitely DID speak to me about the shift "on Thursday morning"

I checked my phone's call logs, no calls from Woolies on Thursday. Oh well.

britto89

HSC
The Nightfill Shift Captain at my old store had a toy gun pulled on her once. Myself and a fellow liquor attendant have also been shoved and had the gift bag display as well as the nuts for sale at the front of the store thrown at us.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
The Nightfill Shift Captain at my old store had a toy gun pulled on her once. Myself and a fellow liquor attendant have also been shoved and had the gift bag display as well as the nuts for sale at the front of the store thrown at us.
lol! I've been screamed at, spat on, pushed and shoved, had impulse candy thrown at me, been threatened with a screwdriver and had an enviro bag of stolen makeup thrown at my head. crazy bogans!

Jolyon

HSC
Take a look at Ziggy's latest blog on the AllYours site. It has several pictures and a video walkthrough of the pilot Project Recharge store.

It will be interesting to see how meat departments handle becoming a service department though ;-)
My stores butchers would hate that

Harry778

HSC
I totally remember reading that you wanted to drop school to do supervising :p how long ago did u finish at woolies and why?

@_be: Just tell it how it is. You did nothing wrong. Tell them that, no, nobody called you through the week and that you had asked for it off ages ago.

I remember one time I was supervising at work on a Friday night, and was excited about what I was doing for my Saturday with everyone the next day (which I had off). Half-way through my supervising shift, the 2ic calls up to check something with me and drops "so you excited for tomorrow - whole day with me here!". I stopped and said no, I wasn't rostered on. She told me to check the grids down the front... and there you have it, I was replacing someone who had been crossed out - apparently, someone had called me up through the week, which never happened. (I worked it anyway, just cause i cbf to change it :D) But yeah, if you couldn't have done it, and you told them about it... then seriously, tell it how it is. Not your fault.
Lol yeah luckily I didnt other wise I wouldnt be doing what I am now.. i've been gone for about 2 months i think..maybe not that long. I just really wanted to get out..definitley not something I wanted to do forever. Like I don't wanna come on here everyday and talk about what phones my store uses and be like omg we totes have cisco phones. Working in correctional services now doing recruiting and admin..kind of like HR

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Hahahaha ran down the street with loss prevention HAHAHA..sif
Lol you think I'm joking, I am dead set. I went outside to help her arrest a thief and it went downhill from there, he started kicking off so we both tried detaining him, didn't work and next thing we knew we were chasing him around the block. Got me off work for half an hour so that was good!

bensneddon

HSC
grrr didn't get my 8.5 hours of in charge rate paid this week... even though i was on people planner as IC. whats with that? now i have to speak to the SSO. grrr
It was probably changed back ;-)

Edit: it could have been because of the public holiday yesterday... although I didn't think that it was public holiday in QLD, which is where NPO is...

Last edited:

nanakid12

HSC
Lol yeah luckily I didnt other wise I wouldnt be doing what I am now.. i've been gone for about 2 months i think..maybe not that long. I just really wanted to get out..definitley not something I wanted to do forever. Like I don't wanna come on here everyday and talk about what phones my store uses and be like omg we totes have cisco phones. Working in correctional services now doing recruiting and admin..kind of like HR
Haha true... shit, I really just did realize how gay that is talking about cisco phones.

What is wrong with me? Haha...

And damn I'm so glad I'm in a country community area, where everyone is friendly and knows each other. Worst thing I've ever had is dispute with cigarettes being eligable for scanning policy.
Though we did used to have some 11 year old come in and steal condoms, and go sell them to his friends. He apparently also used to steal lollies and expensive glue. Guess why

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)