• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

nanakid12

HSC
Yes commonwealth always went in around 8:30 Tuesday when I had one. Now I have NAB, it goes in smack bang 12am Wednesday.

And WECU? I didn't know anyone actually used that ha

BSammy

HSC
It's not the easiest to access, due to there being no actual banks or ATMs. But the lack of fees for loans and accounts is pretty good.

BSammy

HSC
Question, anyone know any reason why someone who worked New Years Day and New Years Day Holiday wouldn't get holiday pay for both?

I'm asking for a friend, my SSO disagrees with me, but I'm pretty sure under 7.10.1 that they should.
She said something about a part timer not having a 5 day roster.

Craven

HSC
Unless its Christmas day why should you receive benefits for a public holiday twice when there's only one?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
They didn't bloody pay me grade 4 supervision, missed out on $250 this week. Have to wait until next week now.
Can somebody with experience in payroll explain to me how it is physically possible for them to not pay it when it was ROSTERED supervision and even put on the adjustment?

BSammy

HSC
When was the shift?

A weekend office person might be shit at their job. perhaps a sign on or off was missing making the shift be in People Planner but not show up for hours worked.
Quite likely if it was on Fri-Sun.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
When was the shift?

A weekend office person might be shit at their job. perhaps a sign on or off was missing making the shift be in People Planner but not show up for hours worked.
Quite likely if it was on Fri-Sun.
New Years Day 11:45 - 22:00 s/vision.

Nah it was all fine because I got paid normal operator penalty rates (s/vision doubles my rate as you know), and remember signing off and on. This happens all the time with other supervisors too, I just can't understand, especially when it's rostered AND put on the adjustment.

Can anyone explain the different roles of the pay clerk in the store and National Payroll Office in Queensland, who does what and so forth, is it possible that stuff ups happen between these two parties?

BSammy

HSC
The pay cloerk basically works out what you worked and how much to pay you etc. does most of everything to do with your pays.

NPO does fancier stuff. They process LSL, the deal with salary positioned people. if a manager is sick/bearevement/holiday we fax to let them know. and they also sort of vaguely oversee everything the stores do. i'm guessing they have certain alerts for when certain things happen in the stores pay. because that's a lot to vaguely oversee. :p
they do other stuff also, (process permanent emplyees resignations etc) but that's most of what i can remember.

BSammy

HSC
it's very unlikely that anything to do with NPO will have caused you not to be paid, if that's what you're asking.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
The pay cloerk basically works out what you worked and how much to pay you etc. does most of everything to do with your pays.

NPO does fancier stuff. They process LSL, the deal with salary positioned people. if a manager is sick/bearevement/holiday we fax to let them know. and they also sort of vaguely oversee everything the stores do. i'm guessing they have certain alerts for when certain things happen in the stores pay. because that's a lot to vaguely oversee. :p
they do other stuff also, (process permanent emplyees resignations etc) but that's most of what i can remember.
Ah great, you always know the answer to my problems! :p
I'll report back when I speak to my pay clerk tomorrow.

BSammy

HSC
is it possible it was put through at normal rates, not holiday? how does your payslip look?

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
is it possible it was put through at normal rates, not holiday? how does your payslip look?
Nah, all my hours are correct. I did 12hours/2 shifts at normal wage, and worked three public holidays, those 3 public holiday shifts totaled 22.75 hours as seen here:

So quite simply they have just neglected to pay my supervision rate.

BSammy

HSC
Oh I think I get it, you're young, but supervidion rate is payed at adult rates, right?

that's why the big diference. ?

getting drunk chatting about work!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Haha yes, remember the whole discussion about juniors getting full adult grade 4 rates after July 1, 2011?
So I should have been on $52/hr instead of $26 which is why I am a bit pissy at the moment :p, missed out on $250 this week.

BSammy

HSC
over xmas, all i got paid holiday rates was 3 hours on the tuesday, only because someone else was sick. i feel ripped off

got 8 hours this monday however, so next pay should be a good one.
also our payroll girl is off for a fortnight, so i get to spend decent time in the office, which is nice.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
over xmas, all i got paid holiday rates was 3 hours on the tuesday, only because someone else was sick. i feel ripped off

got 8 hours this monday however, so next pay should be a good one.
also our payroll girl is off for a fortnight, so i get to spend decent time in the office, which is nice.
Ahh bummer, you're probably WAY too expensive for them, that's why haha.
Ohh yes, about that... I know you were having issues with wages in the Office. What happened in the end, do office cashiers get grade 4 or regular grade 2? Every office cashier at my store gets no extra money, paid at grade 2. There is a 17 year old office cashier at my store and they would have to pay her full adult wages if office cashiers are meant to be getting grade 4.
The SDA wage bulletin does say "Grade 4 - Clerk, Tradesperson (Baker & Pastry Cook, excluding Meat)"

Also, weren't we due for a pay increase on Jan 1?

BSammy

HSC
The pay increase takes effect week starting the 2nd
so next pay will be the higher rate.

i get grade 4, and so SHOULD your office people if you're in vic. i think i remember you saying you were.
still waiting on backpay.

i'm adult wage rate, my roster is generally wed-sat. but i told them i was available. sigh. been and gone now.

and i'm not workign australia day, i'll be getting drunk somewhere.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
The pay increase takes effect week starting the 2nd
so next pay will be the higher rate.

i get grade 4, and so SHOULD your office people if you're in vic. i think i remember you saying you were.
still waiting on backpay.

i'm adult wage rate, my roster is generally wed-sat. but i told them i was available. sigh. been and gone now.

and i'm not workign australia day, i'll be getting drunk somewhere.
Oh good, my office peeps will be happy when I tell them this! My stores pay clert is also under the impression that office people only get grade 2, she has told this to her office staff.
What is the best way to get this sorted for the office workers? Send Woolworths an email? Contact the union to fix or?

Not sure if I will be working Australia Day either.

BSammy

HSC
is Robin White the HR person over your store too? I don't know how the areas work in VIC.(she's region 3 regional human resources manager) But I got a letter from her agreeing with what i was told by my office people.
(part of the letter i got a little while back)

text
"Woolworths has completed a review of SSA gradings and relevant pay rates in VIC, following this review woolworths has decided to classify and pay all SSAs at Grade 4 for the duration of the woolworths national supermarket agreement 09-12. as a result woolworths will make back-payments to those SSAs who we identify have been paid grade 2 since 3rd May 2010. these store services assistances will be notified of the details of backpayments in the next few weeks."

that was sent 30th november. i haven' heard anything yet, but christmas, busy time, not too surprising. if someone who actually works in the office(according to my sso people who only do tickets aren't eligible, shrug) is on grade 2, then i guess maybe they should ask their RHRO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)