• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

Jolyon

HSC
I just found all my workbooks and stuff from my induction back in November 2008. Nostalgia much?

"welcome to the service team!!" :')

Also this threads been a bit dull lately. Just being totally honest with u guys. On an unrelated note, Has anyone else seen a massive cutback of hours in their stores?
You can thank upper management for that! They were expecting more money during Christmas

powlmao

Banned
HSC
WHat a beast imathew

Aren't there always cutbacks after Christmas ? Or is it more than usual?

I notice during Christmas we were really over staffed

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
That's not a 10 hour gap. Are you getting paid overtime for the second shift?
Not sure, I guess we will see. Doesn't really bother me, it's only thirty minutes. I could just move my shift forward thirty minutes but that is going to fuck things up that I have planned.

BSammy

HSC
Mention it to someone after the shift, OT is double time on sunday. Were both shifts like that on the roster?

BSammy

HSC
Nope. all work is OT until you've actually had a 10 hour break.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Ah right. My pay clerk would be the only relevant person to tell and she is on holidays until Monday morning. Would it automatically trigger when she is doing payroll? I could probably put "O/T" on the adjustment I guess.

BSammy

HSC
It doesn't automatically trigger, otherwise they would know already and you would certainly not have been rostered that shift. :D

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
It doesn't automatically trigger, otherwise they would know already and you would certainly not have been rostered that shift. :D
Nah but I mean triggering in the payroll software (paymas?) as opposed to People Planner when my CSM was doing rosters. I'm actually surprised she didn't pick up on it, 2230 to 0800 isn't that hard to notice in terms of spotting the 10hr gap :p

MadGold777

HSC
Ok, so i went down to the service desk today and asked if they had any positions available and they said there were interested in hiring and that i should return in the next few days and hand in my resume.

Problem is, i don't have any work experience :(

Does it matter? What could I include in my resume that could enhance my chances of attaining a job?

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Ok, so i went down to the service desk today and asked if they had any positions available and they said there were interested in hiring and that i should return in the next few days and hand in my resume.

Problem is, i don't have any work experience :(

Does it matter? What could I include in my resume that could enhance my chances of attaining a job?
Doesn't matter about having no work experience, I had none when I was 15 and they employed me (young & cheap etc). Just give them your resume and hope for the best.

BSammy

HSC
Nah but I mean triggering in the payroll software (paymas?) as opposed to People Planner when my CSM was doing rosters. I'm actually surprised she didn't pick up on it, 2230 to 0800 isn't that hard to notice in terms of spotting the 10hr gap :p
Again it won't automatically. Pretty much all the labour management for the week is done in people planner. then on the following monday whatever the result is it sent to paymas. So if you're being paid a certain rate in People Planner that's what it tell Paymas.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
Nice dodge on the system.

You rightfully should be paid more.

I remember on the 22d of December I finished at midnight, and was called in the next day at nine to come in. Arrived at 9:30, and i was told to take a thirty minute break to ensure that 10 hour gap.

So they do take it serious , at least at my work.

BSammy

HSC
They take it seriously, they just might not always notice. The computer doesn't tell them unless they are checking everyones start and end times.

Craven

HSC
paymas uses hours worked. the information that would download to it is how many hours worked in each paybucket (regular, 50%, etc). if pp doesn't put it in the right paybucket to begin with it won't happen in paymas.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Can confirm our store has also been ordered to drastically cut hours.
New SM is now making it so there is only one supervisor on at any time (no backups) to reduce costs and have younger people working.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous. How are we expected to take breaks if there is NOONE to take over when we are gone?
Take note, my CSM absolutely hates the new SM, so I found it hilarious when my roster read "supervision" for 5 hours next Sunday when another supervisor is working, haha. #winning

_be

HSC
Quit a couple of weeks ago. Best thing I ever did!

All the crap I was getting from these 2 particular supervisors, plus my SSM being a complete and utter bitch, plus my SM being a complete and utter wanker just made me want to rip my hair out sometimes. Actually feeling so good now, walking in to the store and being a smarmy little prick to the supervisor that hates me. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)