• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

BSammy

HSC
are you just after the actual pay rates? i can work them out from the agreement.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
is Robin White the HR person over your store too? I don't know how the areas work in VIC.(she's region 3 regional human resources manager) But I got a letter from her agreeing with what i was told by my office people.
(part of the letter i got a little while back)

text
"Woolworths has completed a review of SSA gradings and relevant pay rates in VIC, following this review woolworths has decided to classify and pay all SSAs at Grade 4 for the duration of the woolworths national supermarket agreement 09-12. as a result woolworths will make back-payments to those SSAs who we identify have been paid grade 2 since 3rd May 2010. these store services assistances will be notified of the details of backpayments in the next few weeks."

that was sent 30th november. i haven' heard anything yet, but christmas, busy time, not too surprising. if someone who actually works in the office(according to my sso people who only do tickets aren't eligible, shrug) is on grade 2, then i guess maybe they should ask their RHRO
Ah fantastic, thanks. For some reason I do not have faith in the whole "we will identify those who were paid grade 2 rates" system, but I guess we shall see how it goes. Yeah we're in Region 3. I can't seem to find her name/number in the area mangaers spreadsheet, could you PM me her phone number please?

Thanks mate

Craven

HSC
They might not have set up a second pay rate in PP or for some reason it didn't download to paymas and when checking their time card didn't pick up on it.

Jolyon

HSC
Had Ziggie and Grant O'Brien come into our store a few days ago. I don't think I have ever seen our store look so... good. First time our Service Desk has been absolutely spotless.

powlmao

Banned
HSC
My store often gets visits from Julia (Big W) because we have one of the largest stores.

True our store gets so clean when they visit.

BSammy

HSC
Yeah but the Jan 2 updated ones.
3.1.1 in the agreement is the victorian wage rates, it has the schedule of all future ones, (well not anymore, they've all happened as of this week)

Just divide by 38 for the hourly rate.

Victoria Grade 2 - $19.43
Victoria Grade 4 - $21.12

also, for you, victoria Grade 2 at child rates, (assuming i guess your age right) - $10.69

MadGold777

HSC
Hey guys, been reading through this thread and have decided I'd like a job at my local woolies :p

I've applied online (kind of, doubt it will even be checked) a few days ago, and am thinking of heading down and handing a resume in.

Not sure what to do though, should i just go down there with a resume and ask for a job at the service desk?:p

Also was just wondering, since I've had no work experience; what should I include in my resume apart from my education and achievements? (anything i can make up that will look good?)

P.s Only want an entry level job like check out chick, or even packing shelves or stocktake Lmao

BSammy

HSC
Apply online.

also tell them how available you are. if you aren't that experienced then being very available will help a lot.

depends if somewhere near you needss staff also. timing.

stores rarely actually take resumes anymore. apply online. seriously.

Jolyon

HSC
Hey guys, been reading through this thread and have decided I'd like a job at my local woolies :p

I've applied online (kind of, doubt it will even be checked) a few days ago, and am thinking of heading down and handing a resume in.

Not sure what to do though, should i just go down there with a resume and ask for a job at the service desk?:p

Also was just wondering, since I've had no work experience; what should I include in my resume apart from my education and achievements? (anything i can make up that will look good?)

P.s Only want an entry level job like check out chick, or even packing shelves or stocktake Lmao
I am the Customer Service 2IC at my store and whenever we get resumes handed in, in all honesty we just throw them out. All recruitment is done online and not at a store level. Both my Customer Service Team Manager and Store Manager tell us to chuck them so unfortunately unless your local store is so desperate they will take the resume you will need to do it all online. Also to look good we usually just look at how well you deal with customers. It is all customers, customers, customers.

MadGold777

HSC
Thanks for all the feedback guys,

This is where I went to apply online http://www.wowcareers.com.au/wowcareers/woolworths/home/ (right place?) :p

But yeah I couldn't find any jobs matching what I wanted to do so I created a profile with my job preferences and preferred location. It then provide options about uploading a resume or cover letter im guessing I'll do that now, but does it matter that I've had zero work experience?

Also it has a questionare and just wondering what you's thought the answer to this is? I went with c but tossing it up with d, thoughts?

5. You see a customer from the ‘corner of your eye’ try and conceal a product into their pocket which you believe they do not intend to pay for. Do you:
A.) Follow the customer around the store and see if they intend to pay for the goods
B.) Ignore the situation, as you may be falsely accusing an innocent customer
C.) Approach the customer and ask if you can be of any assistance to them
D.) Alert someone else to advise a supervisor as you continue to watch the customer before some back up comes to assist you

BSammy

HSC
C is good, I think either C or D would work.

A is a close second. B is kinda shit.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
It's C. The company always wants you to approach and "ask if you can be of any assistance to them" which NEVER happens in reality, you watch them like a hawk and call reinforcements heh.
Personally (and from experience), I think going up to them is just asking for trouble because they can usually tell why you're there..

poiison13

HSC
N/A
I've been told a permanent contract will be written up and given to me in the next few weeks. (permanent part time) Do I have to agree to everything on it - as in the days, times etc. What if they give me nights/weekends - can I request a change or will I just lose the offer? And how does it work if I have days I'm unavailable in the future - I'm used to being casual and just requesting that day off in advance.

Jolyon

HSC
It's C. The company always wants you to approach and "ask if you can be of any assistance to them" which NEVER happens in reality, you watch them like a hawk and call reinforcements heh.
Personally (and from experience), I think going up to them is just asking for trouble because they can usually tell why you're there..
I usually go up to them when they are at the checkout and go "You going to pay for that?" I just be blunt with the bitches lol

nanakid12

HSC
I just found all my workbooks and stuff from my induction back in November 2008. Nostalgia much?

"welcome to the service team!!" :')

Also this threads been a bit dull lately. Just being totally honest with u guys. On an unrelated note, Has anyone else seen a massive cutback of hours in their stores?

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)