The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

britto89

HSC
how big is the bondi store?! it looks enormous!

any one know why there's no more reminders to swipe EDR card? great on registers, not so much for sco...

On the topic of reminders. How annoying is it when a register doesn't get used during the day so when you go to spot check it or take the draw out at the end of the night you get 1 million "Send Pickup" messages.

A funny story related register messages though I remember one time the AFL grand final was on and the duty manager the night before sent the message "Karn the Swans" to all of the registers multiple times. This was on the old registers so when you logged on to NoSale the draw to put it in the little two line display would be saying "Karn the Swans". After you hit clear about half a dozen times it would let you put the draw in.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
We didn't have any EDR prompts or E&L prompts today.
Also we don't use messages on registers, apparently it fucks things up or something.

Also yes it has the ABN. The receipts go:

STORENAME PH: 0000 0000
Store Manager is : NAME
TAX INVOICE - ABN 88 000 014 675

Last edited:

BSammy

HSC
i saw a corecomm which said something like
"the remind about stickers message has been removed brielfy due to tec hincal difficulties" i think it said they'd be back. and i think that might be related to the removed everyday rewards reminder glitch

also those messages are the worst. whent he day office staff send it to all registers during the day multiple times and then at night i have to aknowlecge all the responses in the alerts thing in the office at the end of the night

quick90

HSC
Customers will be able to take a "tour" of the meat department, and bakery, to see how everything works behind the scenes.

nanakid12

HSC
LOL, they won't be conducting tours of our bakery.

The tour would go something like this: "Here is the freezer. Here is the oven where we bake the frozen bread. Here is the bench where we put things to defrost. That concludes your tour of the bakery here at Woolworths X - your fresh food people."
HA! Yeah, that'd be like our meat department. We don't even have a fresh bakery at our store, we have a proprietary bakery.

On the topic of messages, we never ever use them. We don't even do any pickups hardly either, except finals. Hardly any need. 80% pay with eftpos, even if its for like $3.00. But we do have to clear about 4 Product Withdrawals usually.

Did anyone watch The Voice last night? I forgot to watch it to see if there was anything about the rebranding...

britto89

HSC
We didn't have any EDR prompts or E&L prompts today.
Also we don't use messages on registers, apparently it fucks things up or something.

Also yes it has the ABN. The receipts go:

STORENAME PH: 0000 0000
Store Manager is : NAME
TAX INVOICE - ABN 88 000 014 675
And by selecting the "Add ABN" button you can add customer details as well if they have an ABN to make it nice and clear the sale is from one ABN to another.

britto89

HSC
Customers will be able to take a "tour" of the meat department, and bakery, to see how everything works behind the scenes.
If thats the case the butchers at my store need to start monitoring their language last week. Haha. I think people would ask the obvious question "Where are the carcases? And will see how much stuff like sausages and roasts come in prepackaged. We really only cut up steaks, make beef mince and do some basic pork and lamb cuts.

nanakid12

HSC
And by selecting the "Add ABN" button you can add customer details as well if they have an ABN to make it nice and clear the sale is from one ABN to another.
What's this? I often press that button by mistake and have to clear the lot, and notice that it prints those fields on the receipt. What's this for? Business transactions?

Next Monday apparently.
My ASM keeps feeding me wrong stuff. Haha, she's a torment.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Oh there are signs up around the tearoom about a "relaunch lunch" that the store is holding after the relaunch. I thought that was interesting

britto89

HSC
What's this? I often press that button by mistake and have to clear the lot, and notice that it prints those fields on the receipt. What's this for? Business transactions?
Yeah, basically for business transactions if people request it we can provide it. I think it also has the option to type in a customer name as well. it probably has a behind the scenes feature related to GST and stuff like that. i've only used it once when i sold a pallet of Homebrand 3kg Sugar to a university research person.

on the topic of sugar, what are the biggest and weirdest orders people have put through?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
On tax invoices, cash office should also have a big carbon copy book where they can issue more official (sort of) receipts

BSammy

HSC
We had a breakfast today and our manager told us a bit about it and we watched a video about the relaunch

Apparently someone is singing our new song on The Voice, and we have new ads.
I saw one today, and will never see any again as I don't watch shit tv. ABC and SBS all the way! :D

quick90

HSC
They are creating so much hype about this relaunch, It will be interesting to see what the have planned.

nanakid12

HSC
Oh there are signs up around the tearoom about a "relaunch lunch" that the store is holding after the relaunch. I thought that was interesting
I got asked to go to that. What is it? If it's just a staff lunch in the tea room, I don't see what's so special about it.

Yeah, basically for business transactions if people request it we can provide it. I think it also has the option to type in a customer name as well. it probably has a behind the scenes feature related to GST and stuff like that. i've only used it once when i sold a pallet of Homebrand 3kg Sugar to a university research person.

on the topic of sugar, what are the biggest and weirdest orders people have put through?
Ahh okay, I'll keep that in mind now haha. I've never really had any weird orders, I've had some lady buy $1,600 worth of coke cartons, which I'm pretty sure required three ute loads to get it home.

On tax invoices, cash office should also have a big carbon copy book where they can issue more official (sort of) receipts
You should get a casual job at Woolies again :)

We had a breakfast today and our manager told us a bit about it and we watched a video about the relaunch

Apparently someone is singing our new song on The Voice, and we have new ads.
I saw one today, and will never see any again as I don't watch shit tv. ABC and SBS all the way! :D
Yeah, I like Channel 9, but god The Voice is so boring.

Just out of curiosity, I work until 9:30pm next Monday night, supervision. Are we closing early Monday night, or is the relaunch all being decorated 'n shiz on Sunday?

the way to go

HSC
relaunch is starting to sound amazing :D
cant wait for my stores meeting, the suspense is killing me

on the other hand, our new eftpos machines are not so impressive unfortunately :\

just finished my first shift using them and the rules to use pay wave/pass are: MUST be a VISA CREDIT or Everyday Money card (not debit as always)(even though it has the mastercard logo on the "tap here" screen) and must be purchasing OVER $35, but under $100.

in my whole 8 hour shift, after asking everyone that worked today, paypass worked TWICE and about 80% of people try to use it, it says "failed" "please insert or swipe" but they have their cards over the screens trying to paywave again, and cant see that it failed. derp.

touch screen seems pointless, customers go to touch it, but then back off, read the buttons and press the number on the pin pad instead (i dont even understand why theres that option in the first place)

theres no preswipe, but i think thats good and theyre so so so much faster on regular checkouts, like seriously, its incredible!
but SCOs you need to wait about 20 seconds before it realises the transaction is complete and asks if you want a receipt.

TLDR: new eftpos machines: paypass is pointless but ridiculously fast when swiping or inserting.

nanakid12

HSC
on the other hand, our new eftpos machines are not so impressive unfortunately :\

just finished my first shift using them and the rules to use pay wave/pass are: MUST be a VISA CREDIT or Everyday Money card (not debit as always)(even though it has the mastercard logo on the "tap here" screen) and must be purchasing OVER $35, but under $100.

in my whole 8 hour shift, after asking everyone that worked today, paypass worked TWICE and about 80% of people try to use it, it says "failed" "please insert or swipe" but they have their cards over the screens trying to paywave again, and cant see that it failed. derp.

touch screen seems pointless, customers go to touch it, but then back off, read the buttons and press the number on the pin pad instead (i dont even understand why theres that option in the first place)

theres no preswipe, but i think thats good and theyre so so so much faster on regular checkouts, like seriously, its incredible!
but SCOs you need to wait about 20 seconds before it realises the transaction is complete and asks if you want a receipt.

TLDR: new eftpos machines: paypass is pointless but ridiculously fast when swiping or inserting.
What a load. If they want people to have a nicer, more simpler shopping experience they would get rid of that whole $35 thing. Like what the hell?!?! People who spend under $35 are the ones who obviously want to use that!! God!

Thank god there's no pre swipe at least. Can you pleeeeeeease get a photo of one?? :p

Haha love that! (but I did read the whole post) ;)

Well our SM lost the DVD...
lol, lucky. All it is is just the new song, and then five ways we have to interact with customers. Over in about 2minutes. Oh and plus the logo with the new slogan.

We have signs all around our shop saying "Our store will be closed next Tuesday at 8pm". We apologize for inconvenience.

Also, is this still regarded as a highly kept secret? One of te customers was asking about if the 8pm closure was permanent, and the operator was like "Oh no just that Tuesday for our relaunch, we're relaunching a new brand so that's why."

I was like :O

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)