• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (5 Viewers)

quick90

HSC
New song, & new slogan "Australia's Fresh Food People" Thats it?

Doesn't sound like much to me...

Yes theres the fresh food fairs, But that won't be around forever. And they all rely on, how well each individual store gets behind the idea.

Last edited:

the way to go

HSC
i honestly dont think much of the new song... but im 100% sure it'll grow on on me and by friday i wont stop singing it!

i think there's a lot more than theyre telling us... for obvious reasons...
but a relaunch just because we change 1 word in the slogan and tell employees to be better?

no. theyve got more up their sleeve. guarantee it.

"i loveee youuu"

BSammy

HSC
Also, is this still regarded as a highly kept secret? One of te customers was asking about if the 8pm closure was permanent, and the operator was like "Oh no just that Tuesday for our relaunch, we're relaunching a new brand so that's why."

I was like :O
After the video my manager said it's no longer a secret, at this point they don't care if Coles know. I guess seeing as it is now super close and all.

nanakid12

HSC
GET FRESH everybody!

We also get to wear green wristbands which have these two magic words inscribed into the rubber.

nanakid12

HSC
Also, does anyone have any experiences with weird people? I hardly ever have... until today. There's this one old guy that comes in shopping, telling the same jokes every time, always pretends to wanna fight me and shit, I always go along with it. Today, took a weird turn.

Me at smokeshop. Dude comes up to me.
DUDE: you been spreading rumours about me?
ME: (just playing along) oh I might have, too many different stories to remember
DUDE: Yea, well I heard you've been telling everyone my dick's salty, now whenever I go up the street people ask me to suck it.
Awkward laugh.
I did not laugh. I instead scrunched up my face in disgust and started to walk off. Who says that sort of shit?!?!

Afterwards he's like "Oh mate, I was kidding, just joking" but still. That is not something you say to another dude. Or, you know, any girl for that matter. Not a nice image.

I swear I am going crazy.

I might have to give up Saturdays...

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I haven't watched any DVD yet, don't know anything.
Last night we had to call the police twice, had one service 100 and something funky was going on with the shopping centre that we're connected to, fire trucks outside and the evacuation alarm was going off (same system as we use, so it got confusing lol)
Oh and I only had one self serve person and one operator, so literally nothing got done.

That was the worst shift I've had in a long time.

nanakid12

HSC
I haven't watched any DVD yet, don't know anything.
Last night we had to call the police twice, had one service 100 and something funky was going on with the shopping centre that we're connected to, fire trucks outside and the evacuation alarm was going off (same system as we use, so it got confusing lol)
Oh and I only had one self serve person and one operator, so literally nothing got done.

That was the worst shift I've had in a long time.
Urgh unlucky. Our store seems to actually have more money lately, I've been having three night staff lately, back to the awesome usual number.

Why did you have to call the police?

I'm also thinking there is going to be extra amount of pressure on supervisors to keep customers happy, keep queues down.

Clank_

HSC
Also, does anyone have any experiences with weird people?
One time this old woman got me to talk to her son on her mobile to find the ice cream he wanted. Then there's this Asian guy that comes in once or twice a week and buys around 20 boxes of baby formula. I've always wondered what he uses it for. I was thinking for a convenience store but I've never seen a store that carries it, and even if they did I don't think they would go through that much.

Anyway I'm back to no rostered shifts. Not sure if this is good or bad, as while I like the stability of the roster, recently I've mostly been getting 3.5h shifts which suck. If only my nearby Coles was ever hiring...

nanakid12

HSC
Ah yes, being put on their phone. Some Asian guy was trying to buy a sim card, and I wouldn't let him because he had no ID, so because he couldn't speak English very well, he rang up his translater and gave me the phone so she could interrogate me for him. Some other guy made me talk to the Optus customer service guy about his phone to, to see what the problem is.

Ah, monday mornings, my old friend/enemy.
Haha it's 10am, and I'm only just waking up :)

BSammy

HSC
I started at 5am. was sposed to work til 11am with a half hour break.

Didn't have time for the break and didn't finish til 12.

Ugh.

the way to go

HSC
gah! im excited! and i dont even know whats coming!

but i do wish they chose to create an original song,
cant track down the original, but theres quite a few old covers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zovMhF0Kon4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohOYcRsgHG8

seems like a bit of a strange step, especially if they have to pay a whole bunch of royalties
its definitely catchy though, sung it a couple times in class, rest of the class was singing it too by the end, and this was before it was on tv haha

our store is still cutting hours, and its getting completely ridiculous.

unless they planned it all, cut heaps of hours in the weeks leading up to the relaunch, saving money. day of relaunch, roster as many people as they can, make customers super happy, and making a difference really noticable, word of mouth: woolworths is great, always so many registers open now, in a couple months go back to normal
i dunno if theyre that diabolical though... lol

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah. They now have me working 10am-7pm (as an ADDITIONAL staff member) just for the relaunch.
It's nothing more than a "look at the registers and extra staff we are willing to roster on!!!" illusion. I almost refused out of annoyance but they'd just give it to somebody else, and I want the money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)