The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

spilla2003

HSC
how much casual is paying for 20 and over in the probationary and beyond period?
NFI how much you'll get, but you probably won't have to go through the probationary period. I left and came back after a chat with the area's HR manager (and the bullshit 8hr induction), and went straight back onto the full pay rate.

nanakid12

HSC
So! My CSM is leaving in a few weeks, so sad :(

Anyway, I was thinking of asking if I could try being in that role for a week or two, just to see what it's like. 2ic did say a while back that she would like to show me how to do rosters. Thing is though, I'm 17 at the moment, though I will be 18 by the time CSM has left... would an 18 year old be capable of doing the job? Is it very hard? Anyone know much else about it?

BSammy

HSC

Clank_

HSC
Congrats! You really do learn a lot from this place.
An 18 year old casual will earn about 15.73 after training if I calculated it correctly. During the probationary period though, you will receive a bit less. I think it's like 6 months?
$15.47 during probation (6 months) and $16.28 after in NSW. Might be slightly different since there should be a half yearly pay increase.

What's the point of the new image and branding when they are just going to continue with the same old terrible business practices.
+1

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So! My CSM is leaving in a few weeks, so sad :(

Anyway, I was thinking of asking if I could try being in that role for a week or two, just to see what it's like. 2ic did say a while back that she would like to show me how to do rosters. Thing is though, I'm 17 at the moment, though I will be 18 by the time CSM has left... would an 18 year old be capable of doing the job? Is it very hard? Anyone know much else about it?
Whoops whoop, as somebody who has been a CSM (in a small store though), the hardest part is the rosters. I'm not sure if you guys still use People Planner for rosters ? But for PP the biggest part was making sure that everybody in there was set up correctly in terms on availabilites, not only regular ones, but also any for the roster week, if that was done correctly the rosters it created were usually quite good. But then trying to clean them up and making sure there were no gaps, and most of all under budget, was the hardest part, as a small store i also had to negotiate with other dept managers for staff. I would regularly spend all my lunch break and a few hours after work on roster day to get them fixed up. After that of course, the most perfect roster in the world will always fall to bits with staff illness etc. I c an remember very few days where I didn't have to change the roster due to issues like that. On top of that trying to strike a balance of getting staff on shifts and keeping them happy was hard. On top of all the there were things like safety checks, doing autostockr for ciggies, being at the mercy of the SM in terms of getting things done. It's a tough job (i was supposedly rostered for 38 hours a week, i easily did 45-50 most weeks (unpaid)) but I found it very rewarding.

Whether you could do it at your age....I dunno, you probably could, whether they would let you....

nanakid12

HSC
Yeah, I thought rosters would be quite stressful. We still use People Planner (holy ancient shit), but I've never used it apart from writing up the Priority 1 sheet (Express Alert staff), and even then I still use my CSM's login.

I've decided I won't ask about being CSM for two weeks... though, I HAVE put in for a massive increase in availability due to my lack of uni commitments for the rest of the year, so I'm hoping my 2ic will ask me to learn more stuff... she did say a while ago that she would teach me rosters, but that was when she thought I was having a gap year.

AND I saw those news articles, and it made my blood boil! WHAT?! What are they doing with all these "profits"? I just cannot understand, I know a lot of it would go to marketing, but I just cannot figure out for the life of me where the rest of it would go... surely it could be used on actually finishing the refurbs since 2009 in stores that need it desperately???!!

BSammy

HSC
rosters are fun, i used to help my csm do them. and did them myself like twice.

nanakid12

HSC
I know exactly how you feel. I like some of my operators, but I'm so sick of the current management. I mean, they're nice to my face, and I'm nice to them, and we're all happy chappys in each others companies, but I just think they aren't being fair... like, for example, why does the other night supervisor get 3 operators, when I only get 2? EVERY DAY! :(

And lately the customers have been fairly rude too. Maybe they have all along, and I've just never noticed til now. sigh... I swear it is sending me insane.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I want to slap the customers who seem to think something bad of us asking if they want the receipt. One woman had a bitch because of the fact we asked instead of automatically giving it to her.
Like... hello.. It's about the environment and cost cutting. You can still get your fucking receipt.

PS: does anybody find those people annoying that buy something really small tand cheap and are pedantic about getting a receipt for it? Like come on.

nanakid12

HSC
Urgh, yes! I don't get why people need a receipt for a bunch of bananas.

Then there's the people who need receipts for their cigarettes, and then the others who frequent the joke, "Nah, maaaaate, can't claim 'em on tax" or "So long as you don't chase me outta here with 'em, saying that I stole 'em" or "Nah, don't wanna see what I'm paying for them". MAKES ME ANGREH!

ritikashikh123

HSC
N/A
I want to work in woolies after my HSC (November)
so would anyone know when should be i starting to apply ?
cause i've heard it takes them a couple of months to process the applications
thanks in advance! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)