The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
Amakii said:
Quick random question about cards (couldn't find it anywhere if it's already been answered lol)

Can we link staff discount cards onto the orange everyday reward card?

I remember seeing a pamphlet about it, but I lost it and now I'm curious.

Thanks to anyone who knows!
If you already have a discount card then you DON'T need an everyday rewards card. You already get the 4c/litre saving with your sdc so the extra card isn't necessary.

Amakii

HSC
babikakez said:
If you already have a discount card then you DON'T need an everyday rewards card. You already get the 4c/litre saving with your sdc so the extra card isn't necessary.
Ooh really? Do we still get a 4c/litre saving? I haven't tried it recently without any e-vouchers credited to my sdc.
I was asking because I'm still casual, so my parents don't get a sdc. Just wanted to know how I could link my sdc to their everyday rewards card so they could use the e-vouchers i earned. But I guess if we still get the auto 4c saving, there'd be no point linking my card to theirs. Funny though, i thought i saw a leaflet about linking sdc to the everyday rewards card, seems there'd be no point to that though :p

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
you can link an everyday rewards with a SDC, but i think the SDC has to be the main card, it can't be a subsidiary

mlee72

HSC
OMG
first shift in cash office alone is coming up soon!
i am so going to make a mistake
and i still don't have supervisor numbers!!!!

mlee72

HSC
KaaN10 said:
Hey guys, me again lol.

Can I use a debit card to get paid?
Yes becuase that means you have a bank account which is where they deposit your wage.

But you would give them your Account details and nothing from the card (Eg card Number)

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
Service Cashier = Checkout Chick, or in our case... dude

It ain't bad... really, you'll probably be workin with more people your age, and whilst customers really suck sometimes, they're always gone after a few minutes anyway.

nicollette

HSC
i have my first in-store shift this thursday and my VET music concert is on the same night..what do I do cos its my first shift, should i ask them to reschedule? the induction today was so fucking boring........

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
nicollette said:
i have my first in-store shift this thursday and my VET music concert is on the same night..what do I do cos its my first shift, should i ask them to reschedule? the induction today was so fucking boring........
just explain the situation the them,
say that you're really sorry, but you have an assessment for VET Music on that night and would not be able to attend work.

HSC
In regards to REST, join unless you already have another superannuation fund. At this stage I don't think it matters, in the two and a bit years I've been at woolworths I've only ever had two occassions where I've qualified to receive a company contribution (being under 18 and all). Just fill out the form. What you should give good though to is whether or not you will join the SDA union. I did, and while I think I'm better off for it (pay disputes with woolworths and all), others think its a big waste of money.

Anyway, my region needs a new HR Assistant, Saturdays, 7.30-4.30, to run inductions. I'm seriously considering applying. Has anyone else applied for this role/acted in this role? Any thoughts on specifically what it would involve. I will ring my HR officer on Monday, but in the meantime, thought I would ask here.

HSC
mlee72 said:
OMG
first shift in cash office alone is coming up soon!
i am so going to make a mistake
and i still don't have supervisor numbers!!!!
I've been doing cash on and off for over a year now, and i swear I make a mistake of some kind every shift. As long as its not too serious, it will be allright.

HSC
KaaN10 said:
SDA Union? Was I supposed to get that with my Induction Kit because I didn't.
I got my induction kit actually at my induction. The SDA forms are usually in that kit, although at some inductions a union rep will come and talk the union up a bit, and pretty much force people to join. Be aware that there is a cost of joining, (between $3-7 a week, dependent upon how much you work) but this is all tax deductable (only useful if you're likely to earn over $6k though). They talk up things like vouchers and textbook scholarships, but seriously, most people don't really benefit.
That said, it did help me get my unpaid $40 from woolworths. And I've had two textbook scholarships. But I've paid that much more in fees.

Bored.Of.Life

HSC
is there any way to cancel the whole SDA thing? it is most likely that i will never contact the unions for help, nor have i even LOOKED at the stack of vouchers that came with the agreement. total waste of time

CieL

HSC
Gah. I tried to cancel the SDA thing.

When I first joined, the office lady said I could cancel anytime. Write her a note on a piece of toilet paper and leave it on her office table.

Time came when I really did not want to pay $7/wk for something I feel I have no connection to, so I wrote her a note on a piece of paper and left it for her. She replied me and told me I had to contact the SDA, fax some bullshit, then fax more bullshit to the office, then the office can cancel my union, blah blah blah.

Needless to say, I am still part of the union.

p.s. If anyone else has bothered to cancel.. and has the [apparent] fax/email/whatever of the union and the procedure.. it'll be greatly appreciated if you send it this way.. cos I just cbf'd to find the exact procedure.

nicollette

HSC
I joined that SDA crap, what a waste. Oh yeah and my pay classification is grade award and I'm 16 which according to them = 8.20ph but this chick next to me is classification = award, she's also 16 but doesn't goto school and she gets paid 9.00ph. Is that right?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hey Guys!

I joined Woolworths about 3 months ago. Worked for about a month on checkouts, then I also got offered some hours in produce. Now the produce 2IC has left and I've been offered the job! Assistant Produce Manager at 16? Lol. I don't care though, I love it.

I'm also going to be trained as a Checkout Supervisor (Looks good on CV). To all Managers/Supers out there, do you have any tips for me? What makes a good one etc...

Nicollette, I'm 16 and I started out at $9.50 NZD an hour. After I had worked 200 hours, I went up to $13.59 NZD an hour. Not sure what that is in AUD though :) Just make sure you are paid more than minimum wage :)

Last edited:

mlee72

HSC
babikakez said:
I've been doing cash on and off for over a year now, and i swear I make a mistake of some kind every shift. As long as its not too serious, it will be allright.
lol yeah my pickup never match the summary report lol
keeping in mind Ive done two nights in cash office so far

yobob

HSC
Am i supposed to go to the store to pick up the induction kit before the induction day?

yobob

HSC
Ok i've got my induction kit. Do i fill out the forms and hand it to the same store or bring it with me to induction day?

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
yobob said:
Ok i've got my induction kit. Do i fill out the forms and hand it to the same store or bring it with me to induction day?
Do the people you work for not give you any instructions at all??

Are they some kind of blob???

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)