The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Fold the sleeves over where the split begins, then fold the fold in half again. Then you don't really notice the sleeves. :)
ooh, might try that tomorrow, thanks! :D

TraiCauVong

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Could someone tell me what kind of questions they will ask. I'm not really confident with my communicaiton skill. And have been messaged for an interview next week. I want to prepare as much as possible :bomb:

HSC

* why do you want to work with woolworths?

* what makes you the best person for the job?

* they ask for hours/availability

erm, i forgot the rest :eek:

TraiCauVong

HSC

Hey, it is a Group Assessments, including Company Overview. Does that mean I need to tell the interviewer st about Company History.

Dan7

HSC
I called up my store and asked them what the process for resigning is. They said I had to write a letter and give two weeks notice, stating when and why I plan to leave. There's no way around this is there? The thing I don't like about it is that my department manager is a prick and he will probably treat me like shit for my final two weeks.

batigol

Giant
HSC
are pay rates at DSE same as at Woolies? do they pay more at DSE?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
i'm ppt and i'm planning to resign in november..i've got a whole pile of saved holiday leave..i can cash that out yeh?

Dan7

HSC
Ekim said:
Casual i think you can just resign, if your permanent then check the EBA, though the 2 weeks written notice sounds right, you shouldnt have to say why you are leaving though, its none of their business....

If you have sick leave accrued and you have a friendly doctor (or are willing to sign a stat dec - check your EBA) you could take the two weeks of as sick leave..

But id suggest to stick it out, if you plan on putting your time with woolies on your CV then dont forget they could be contected by future emplyers. Its only 2 weeks...
How do I check out the EBA? I don't have any sick leave. Also, you say it's only two weeks. You will probably think I'm an idiot now but I haven't even been there two weeks. Well I have been with Woolworths a little longer than that but I've only done two actual shifts in the store.

Also, I don't plan to put Woolworths on my CV. I already have a full-time job and I had to make a choice between that and Woolies, and since Woolies was only part-time there was only one way to go.

Last edited:

Dan7

HSC
Also, what would signing a stat dec involve?

HSC
N/A
If you're an SDA member, go to their website, members only section. There's the EBA and info on statutory declarations there.

joshuamorgan

HSC
The agreement is accessible without being a member. Simply click 'Awards' from the top menu on the page, and then select the relevant agreement.

droodles

HSC
I just got a call from the head office telling me about some orientation at the new store safeway is opening and where I'm currently working and I'm invited to go. It starts at 8am to 11am, do I have to go cause I really cannot be bothered waking up early and going.

Dan7

HSC
joshuamorgan said:
The agreement is accessible without being a member. Simply click 'Awards' from the top menu on the page, and then select the relevant agreement.
Is this the site? http://www.sdasa.asn.au/default.htm I can't see an 'Awards' section anywhere. Could you please help me out?

Thanks.

EDIT: Actually, I'm on the SA site which would explain why I don't see what you see.

Last edited:

fnkychk

HSC
N/A
I called up my store and asked them what the process for resigning is. They said I had to write a letter and give two weeks notice, stating when and why I plan to leave. There's no way around this is there? The thing I don't like about it is that my department manager is a prick and he will probably treat me like shit for my final two weeks.
Unlike what the other poster said, no conventional prospective employer is going to call up Safeway to talk about you when you haven't put contact details on the resume (and Safeway won't give official references anyway, so you could get anyone to do it by giving only their personal mobile number). If you're casual, you don't need to give them more than a couple hours of notice. At my store, they act like casuals need to give two weeks notice to get a single day off work. There is a way around it- you say I'm not coming in and then don't.

Does anyone have experience with transferring stores? I've been at one for a year, and its over 60 minutes from home on public transport, so I want to go to one that is 10 minutes. I know that I can go to my current store manager and fill in a form, but that could take forever. Is it a bad idea to go straight to the department at the store I want to be at and ask the dep't manager? I only do one shift a week, should I increase that to two or three to increase my chances of getting accepted to move, or keep it that way because it's easier to squeeze me in?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i think if you just go ask the other store, you MAY have to go through induction etc again and officially resign. compromise might be to approach the other store dept manager and say if they ever need somebody to cover shifts you can do it, then when you;ve done enough shifts just ask to be transferred

wendybird

HSC
I've got a concern- what do you guys think?

I applied for a trainee position at my local Big W (submitted through Woolies as its the same company) at the end of June. I havent heard anything at all from them but the job listing has been removed from the wowcareers website.

does that mean i didn't get the job? Should i call up the store and do a friendly "i was wondering if there has been any progress on my application" sort of thing?

sigh. i wanted that job!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)