The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
watatank said:
hehehe wouldn't be a proper saturday if everyone showed up
I have the same problem on sundays. My manager (or whoever does rosters) has a habit of rostering unreliable people who always call in sick for sunday mornings. if they were rostered for the afternoon it wouldn't be quite so bad, because the morning staff are generally willing to stay back. But do you know how hard it is, with one supervisor, one smokeshop person/supervisor and 6 staff (2 express and 4 checkouts) to cope with the rare sunday that my store is able to open and the entire state comes into our store. Thank god for shopping centre redevelopments where half the centre is closed and there is zero parking.

On a side note, is everyone like NOT looking forward to xmas trade.

EDIT: I'm not sure why this post has posted before the quoted message, so please don't bite my head off :)

Last edited:
HSC
Pilotdude said:
Fuck me today SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were already 4 down according to the grid today and we had 6 people call in sick!:eek: :eek: and 4 no shows:eek: I was horrified as i was doing close and had no one on tonight managed to get a couple of young ones to stay but geez.

Couldnt get hold of our service manager, she should have bloody come in and helped didnt even get a lunch break so 9 hours and not one break. So fuck them will go home earlier tomorrow lol

Rang every single person that knows checkouts and not 1 would come in! We had 4-5 Checkouts and 3 express open all day and we done just under 300k today which is one of our busiest saturdays ever!

Fucking stupid sluts who come up and ask for more checkouts to be opened, heres a quote from one of the convos:

"EXCUSE ME!!!!" (when im serving smoke shop with 3 million people in line)
"Wont be a sec"
"EXCUSE MEEEEE"
"ONE MOMENT MAM"
"HELOOOOOOO" (now im getting pissed off lol)

Go round to the desk
me"What can i do for you"
her"Are you going to open any more checkouts?"
me"Sorry this is all the staff i have"
her"Well have you called any one in"
me"Ive tried that"
her"Well i dont think thats good enough"
me" sorry?"
her "I SAID THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH, INFACT ITS"
me (interupted her)"look dont yell at me, im doing my job as best i can"
her "Is there a manager about"
me "Hes actually serving in the deli, becasue they have no staff down there either"
her"well i spend 500 dollars a week in this store and ill be reassesing that"
me"thats nice but i need to serve the front, please call in monday and speak to the store manager"
her "DONT YOU WORRY, AND ILL be speaking ABOUT YOUR attitude"
me(pissed at this stage) "look i couldnt care less, you can complain all you like but it doesnt change the fact i dont have and not about to get any staff"
her"how dare you"
me"Look i need to do my job and serve, have a nice day" and i walked away LOL

who the fuck spends $500 a week at woolies? :eek:

T

Testpilot

watatank said:

People with too many kids.

Pilotdude

HSC
watatank said:

Lol up this way EVERYBODY, its fucking madness. Most families spend upwards of $300 for their weekly shop, then they will come in another couple times a week and spend 50-100 on milk, bread, meat vegies etc!

Our LQR store does atleast 300k each week and groceries wise we sell 1,000,000.00+ each week.

Its crazy crazy shit!

babikakez,

Our biggest prob with getting staff on sat and sun is that nobody wants to work, they have rich parents who give them money. We have 10 or so operators who only work once a week and a couple will only work 3 hours because they are busy all day! what a fucking joke that is.

Defintatley NOT looking forward to X-mas, no staff, absolute mentality and we are expected to do major sales! think i might go hide during xmas!

HSC
Pilotdude said:
babikakez,

Our biggest prob with getting staff on sat and sun is that nobody wants to work, they have rich parents who give them money. We have 10 or so operators who only work once a week and a couple will only work 3 hours because they are busy all day! what a fucking joke that is.

Defintatley NOT looking forward to X-mas, no staff, absolute mentality and we are expected to do major sales! think i might go hide during xmas!
It must be contagious, even though our stores are not exactly close together.

I spoke to my dept manager today. He said that he has hired all of the xmas staff he can due to budgeting requirements and whateva. But of the 7 that have been hired, one is leaving next week, another is only able to work 3-5.30 on sat (thats it for the whole week), another has gone part time and will not work sats, and the rest are hopeless.

at the same time, over half of the casual staff have taken leave for exams, apparently last night they had 1 person on express, another doing express/smokeshop, and 3 others on regular checkouts. the supervisor said she didn't call me because she knew I was busy with exams and stuff, (thank god), but i dont know how she managed. normally on thursday nights we need two supervisors, me on smokeshop, four on express and seven checkouts open. and even then we need the occasional express alert.

then today, i get a phone call at 3.45 asking if i can start at 4. i live ten mins from work, and still, thats a ridiculous amount of notice. i got there at about 4.10, and my manager told me to sign in on the book, saying he would pay me for the extra 10 mins. but even then, i came in coz there was no staff, yet there was the same amount as every other friday arvo. i bet he just needed someone to help his other supervisor so that he could go home on time. and even then, there were six checkout staffers to clean after the store had closed. she (our clean freak 2IC) didnt need me to supervise WITHOUT SUPERVISOR NUMBERS while she cleaned. anyone could have done that, i needed a hand. its not my job to supervise, if i dont have the numbers i shouldnt need to help like that.

tomorrow i am going in to do tickets, thats it, 2.30-5.30. i will not pick up my phone tomorrow, and actually i might turn it off. other people can pick up the slack for once.

rant over. I am annoyed. I have FULL availability from the 24th nov, yet the two weeks i want off can't be respected.

now i guess my rant is really over.

LISOC

HSC
tell me, how does one quit their job at woolworths?

1.5 months and i cannot hack it.

so much respect for you soldiers out there!

numbakruncha

HSC
Give them a few weeks notice, probably one month is sufficient but maybe 2 if you can handle waiting. Just don't quit with short notice-you're burning a bridge that you might need later on if you do that.

numbakruncha

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
Fucking hell. Our store got taken over by these two fucking evil tightarsed Nazi women.

When they came, temporarily, several months ago, they said, "Woolworths ****** will never be the same again." Verbatim. We thought 'meh they'll go'. One of them stays, uproots our SM to bring the other in again.

These are people who put the presentation of the store and their own pride over customer safety and NEEDS of the staff.
Dude welcome to the phenomenon called woolworths clones. I think its a sad thing that people lose what makes them human and become so obsessed with the whole 'sales, sales, sales' mentality. That AND they're so obsessed with reaching the top that they work from opening to close, say after day. I swore that I would NEVER get like this when i started.

HSC
N/A
They don't even do all the working though. They just expect others to, and more often than not take off early, and whinge their arses off about doing any work.

HSC
vulgarfraction said:
These are people who put the presentation of the store and their own pride over customer safety and NEEDS of the staff.
And cleaning...they also seem to think that cleaning is important. Our new 2IC just came from a 24 hour store, so I guess in one of those stores it is important to clean as you go. But our store isn't 24 hours - we close at 6 on a friday, with checkout staff still around to 6.30-6.45. Thats plenty of opportunity to clean conveyer belts.

As she was the only supervisor closing yesterday, i believe that she should have been around to help us. I am not a supervisor - yes I am capable of doing things like refunds, control check, snapping tills etc - but only when I have the required privileges. Therefore, I can't answer bells when I know that everyone needs privileges. Other staff members could have cleaned if it was THAT much of a priority.

As you can tell I really don't like this woman. At first it was like, oh Robyn is OBSESSED with cleaning. Now I think it is undermining productivity.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
hurrah, got the safe combos today, i am officially an office cashier, woo me!

cybersharyn

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

Who wants full time work these dayz, Subiaco Oval in Perth is looking for casuals they have just started advertising they pay good $$$$$ and it is really cool, concerts, football, my friend did the Robbie Williams concert had a blast! it starts to get busy after schoolies send yur resume to sharyn she is a real bombSharyn.Smith@mustardcatering.com.au:bomb:

LISOC

HSC
numbakruncha said:
Give them a few weeks notice, probably one month is sufficient but maybe 2 if you can handle waiting. Just don't quit with short notice-you're burning a bridge that you might need later on if you do that.
is there something in my contract that states that i should give them so-and-so notice? i can't find it in any of the papers i have regarding my employment with woolworths.

my store manager is a bitch who has it in for me (all the supervisors don't have a problem with me)...she'd give me a shite reference and people are already giving me 'tude for leaving. not that it's personal...

i'm leaving home this week and could well do with not having to do my fri/sat/sun shifts. moving into my new place monday.

wahhhhhhhhhhh. my conscience is undecided.

I HATE WOOLWORTHS.

pdoueihi

HSC

thanks man you are a champion. can't wait for your next thread

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
Casuals - technically none.
PPT/FT - min. 2 weeks.

Add more if you want to toast less of the bridge. I gave two weeks notice as a casual and left on rather good terms (had another better-paying job).

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
pfffffft 2 weeks. as if

if you've worked for less than a year, you only need to give 1 week's notice.

i gave a week's notice just to get my leave entitlements paid out.

Woolworths is the shittest place to work on earth, glad i got the hell out.

thetron

HSC

3 months ago. I applied for a new store opening for Nightfill and working the normal daytime jobs (checkout and working around the store)

Got to the group interview and did everything by the book with improvisations to look like a model employee. I was unsucessful and never got to the second round of 1-on-1 interviews for some reason

Funny thing is now. They had the store opened and nobody showed up for nightfill positions

How do i go about chasing them up again for a job?
I'm not marked down cause my previous job application encounters?

I'm 23. With not much going and almost have my Diploma in IT and seem to treat me that like a Blackball on a pool table

Last edited:

Peartie

HSC

tlai said:
What does a Longlife Assistant role invole? Is it similar to nightfill but during the day?

thats what i do! and basically we pack the shelves....then whatever Nightfill doesnt finish the night before we finish.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)