The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

CieL

HSC
quiksilver102 said:
Has anyone used the self serve checkouts, do you know which stores have them yet?
I think I saw them at Carlingford.......... wait, either the Parra or the Carlingford Court Woolies.. forget which

blakegman

HSC
N/A
They'll never really take off. To much backlash about people losing jobs id imagine

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

So I've just begun my first instore shift as a service cashier and I checked the roster for next week and it seems that my manager or whoever else deals with the rosters has just given me 4 shifts, 3 of which are on days and times in which I said that I wasn't available. Plus it's a total of 21 hours when it was clearly stated in the job ad I applied that it would only be around 10-15 hours. Is this normal?

Captain Moist

HSC

taco man said:
So I've just begun my first instore shift as a service cashier and I checked the roster for next week and it seems that my manager or whoever else deals with the rosters has just given me 4 shifts, 3 of which are on days and times in which I said that I wasn't available. Plus it's a total of 21 hours when it was clearly stated in the job ad I applied that it would only be around 10-15 hours. Is this normal?
Welcome to woolworths.

I said I'm unavailable every wednesday and saturday before 12. Every week I have to ring and tell them I can't work then, and they get shitty at me.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC

Captain Moist said:
Welcome to woolworths.

I said I'm unavailable every wednesday and saturday before 12. Every week I have to ring and tell them I can't work then, and they get shitty at me.
wat a hassle. if thats the case i honestly don't see the point of them asking for ur availability if they mess around with rostering like that. i cbf making that call every week :bomb:

one-love

HSC
can we get 5% discounts on apple products with our discount cards? iPods and such.. :S

Roga

HSC
one-love said:
can we get 5% discounts on apple products with our discount cards? iPods and such.. :S
Are you talking about from Woolworths brand stores? (DSE, Tandy etc.) If so, yes you can because I bought my iPod from a DSE store and used my 5% card. I don't think Woolies sell any apple products?

quiksilver102

HSC
they've got the selfserve checkouts in qld already, well one newly refurbed store at least

one-love

HSC
Roga said:
Are you talking about from Woolworths brand stores? (DSE, Tandy etc.) If so, yes you can because I bought my iPod from a DSE store and used my 5% card. I don't think Woolies sell any apple products?
lol, yep sorry.. you got what i wanted, THANKS.

the big w in liverpool has self-serve checkouts... i find them funny, because the people look very confused when they use it....

Pilotdude

HSC
blakegman said:
They'll never really take off. To much backlash about people losing jobs id imagine
You always need someone, 1 operator per 4 s/serve.

I have used the self serve checkouts overseas, NZ, USA and Asia and i love them.

Also the selve serve checkouts are part of the '2010' store refit program, not sure if they will be installed in the older layout stores??

Personally as we have an almost critical staff shortage in our store, i would like to see our express lanes ripped out and 4-6 self serve checkouts installed, would allow 3 more operators on big checkouts and 1 to run the express lane.

Works in NZ/USA and Asia so i cant see why it cant work over here, no ones loosing jobs they are being utilised elsewhere.

Self serve can be just as fast as normal checkouts as you have one person floating around helping and speeding things up.

I beleive the first store in WA due to get them is Murray Street which is one fucked up store! then i guess the 2010 layout stores will be refitted then they might be rolled out to country areas.

Though, they should be installed in the high sales stores first.

Cant wait to actually use the woolies self serve checkouts, i assume they are the exact same as the Big W ones except with woolies/safeway logos etc and has look ups for products.

Most of the companys and i believe BIG W use NCR

babikakez said:
close, rockingham city. you were only 40 mins away lol
lol :p

Fuck me we had a busy saturday, 270k for the day! thats mental, hate to know what next week/weekend is going to be like :bomb:

Last edited:

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
We had an auditor (auditer?? whatever) come in a few days last week. Was funny as the 2IC is running around making sure everyone knows the answers to the questions he could ask. We didn't even get asked anything, thank god, I'd end up for some reason freaking out and throwing stock at him.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
jodi..1 said:
We had an auditor (auditer?? whatever) come in a few days last week. Was funny as the 2IC is running around making sure everyone knows the answers to the questions he could ask. We didn't even get asked anything, thank god, I'd end up for some reason freaking out and throwing stock at him.
hahah

someone in my deli threw stock at a customer once.

he got sacked. XD

Roga

HSC
Is there a list showing the busiest/highest earning Woolies in NSW? Or does anyone know which is the highest?

Pilotdude

HSC
Id say the highest grosing store in NSW would be Town Hall, i mean it has several floors (be it small) and 65 checkouts!!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i heard Byron Bay is highest grossing in NSW, because it's like the only proper supermarket in town

edit: P.S. if you can be bothered going through past NATCOMS they occasionally publish results, they might soon because for easter sales as well

turmionkat

HSC

I think its sad that i applied once online and got a job without any prior experience or even a 1 on 1 interview, whilst so many other people are denied to even get their foot in the door. I was so lucky to get that job :) Its not too bad of a place to work except for the customers. oh the stories i could tell!

jodi..1

is awesome
HSC
Pilotdude said:
Id say the highest grosing store in NSW would be Town Hall, i mean it has several floors (be it small) and 65 checkouts!!
Ha, and I was amazed when I saw a store with 26 the other day. Mine only has 18 (excluding liquor).

Damn Easter, I only worked 6 hours today but it was the worst shift, definitely worse than Christmas Eve

blakegman

HSC
N/A
townie said:
i heard Byron Bay is highest grossing in NSW, because it's like the only proper supermarket in town

edit: P.S. if you can be bothered going through past NATCOMS they occasionally publish results, they might soon because for easter sales as well
Probably true. When i was in Byron that's pretty much the only store anyone went to for shopping. Plus they probably all buy vegetarian/vegan shit which is premium priced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)