The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
greekgun said:
It might have been a discounted item, i dont think the free item policy include when u stuff up on a discounted/reduced item.
nah

it wasn't reduced to clear.
it said on the sign; special: $x for 1kg drumsticks.

and they charged us more.

oh well. shit happens

bananarama69

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

i got called for a group interview then a 2nd interview but got rejected. Every other applicant got through except me. Could it be that i stuffed them around and had to ring them back to get a lift there? and also if another position arrises do i have to go through the same process again?:confused:

Peartie

HSC
My stores just got in their Self Serve Checkouts but they havent been officially opened because all the service people are getting trained on them - what exactly do they need to know about them!?!?!?!?!

HSC

bananarama69 said:
i got called for a group interview then a 2nd interview but got rejected. Every other applicant got through except me. Could it be that i stuffed them around and had to ring them back to get a lift there? and also if another position arrises do i have to go through the same process again?:confused:
There's your problem.

bananarama69

HSC

so do they put me on a list or i just have to go through the process all again and not stuff them around?

Pilotdude

HSC
Peartie, just wondering have they removed your express lanes or made room for the self serve checkouts??

Also what state/city you in?

The training i think is pretty basic, you watch a video, learn how to refill change/notes/reciept paper etc how to trouble shoot them, how to monitor them, signing credit slips and actually working the registers. I also believe you will have a swipe card/access password for when you need to overide a RTC, Credit Slip etc.

:)

Peartie

HSC
they removed 2 express lanes and put in 5 self serve....

Sydney

mlee72

HSC
Does anyone know how old you need to be to become a supervisor (service)
and if so any suggestions on how to get there??

thanx

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
depends, definately over 16, preferably over 18. most people get there when other people leave, and by showing commitment, sensibility and responsibility.

HSC

Yea, you'd probably need to call them up again.

Just did my group assessment at the regional head office today. The lady called us for an induction on Saturday after we finished that paper test (I actually managed to finish it lol...but I thought 48 questions in five minutes was a little crazy).

Does anyone know how much the casual pay is for a 20 year old? Is there any way of ensuring you get rostered on just your availability and not get rostered on days you aren't free...then you've gotta call up and they get shirty with you? :p

HSC
townie said:
depends, definately over 16, preferably over 18. most people get there when other people leave, and by showing commitment, sensibility and responsibility.
there is a 15 year old supervisor in my store, another is 16 (but full time working sat/sun) and we did have another who was 17.

the 15 year old, shes a great mate and all, but i cant help but to think, why the hell are you a supervisor? i mean, knowing her i can sort of understand, but she looks like she's about 12. Seriously.

Also, we're getting 4 self serves, in addition to 2 new checkouts and 3 new express lanes. Personally, i think that this is ambitious by the store. It will just mean that when customers go "open more checkouts", they will actually have a point.

Last edited:

Pilotdude

HSC
Wish they would just install self serve checkouts at our store. Our staffing problem is almost critical at the moment.

Infact it's gone beyond that, otherwise they need to look at cutting trading hours!

babikakez, your store must have a shitload of space! to fit in all those extra checkouts!, our store you would have to rip out all the offices or cut down the trolley bay.

HSC
Pilotdude said:
babikakez, your store must have a shitload of space! to fit in all those extra checkouts!, our store you would have to rip out all the offices or cut down the trolley bay.
Our entrance is being moved back about 15 metres, fitting some more checkouts in. The trolley bay is being moved as well.

But you're right, I dont see how ALL of that can be done

Pilotman

HSC
Hey guys, Pilotdude here :p forgot my password and my internet provider wont let emails from this site come through for some reason yet hotmail and gmail work?? WTF!

I work at Karratha in the North West, biggest fuckhole in the world!

babikakez

Thats a shitload of work! wonder if they will give your store the '2010' look while they are at it because the only checkouts they are making are the silver with the cool ass lights lol

Peartie

HSC
im over the renovations!!

Customers can not be bothered to read sighns!!!

For example: there about 1 million signs up saying that the cream has been moved to aisle one but even when i'm (im a longlife guy - not perishables) standing in front of the signs people still ask....so now i make it a point to look at the sign and just say "i think the sign says aisle one...yes yes it does..." [customer]"so creams are in aisle one?" [me walking away] "YES!!!"

our store manager even got angry at a customer for asking the same thing....

HSC
Pilotman said:
babikakez

Thats a shitload of work! wonder if they will give your store the '2010' look while they are at it because the only checkouts they are making are the silver with the cool ass lights lol
the rest of the centre is being redone as well, kmart are currently being redone, so we're just trying to fit in. :p

also our staff room is being moved upstairs, so that we can put items in that area

i'm not sure about the 2010 thing, all we know is that its going to be extremely inconvienient. i doubt that it will be completed by christmas.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)