The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

nice5uy said:
hey guys i got induction dis saturday but i dont know da location of the place ? please help ps. tried calling woolworths(chesterhill) & HR manager both hav failed, i somehow lost the location where i hav written on. i think its cnr fairfield rd at yennora or something. Its for nightfill position
Oh god .... my eyes... Is that english?! =/

grobsh

HSC
KaaN10 said:
So absolutly no way for a 15 yo to do nightfill? Any reason behind this? Townie? Anyone?
you're supposed to be over 18 if you work after 9pm. Its a little impractical to have staff in nightfill that have to finish at 9.

rachana12

HSC
hi guys.plzzz help me to understand woolies(a bit hard)

I started working wid woolies 7 weeks ago.I am working as casual as service cashier.
I told them that i wanna work full time.so yesterday they give me a contract that i m contracted to do 10 hours a week(wed,thurs).N the supervisor came when i was serving.so i didnt get time 2 think anything.I told the lady that i wanna get contracted for more hours but she said the only available hours r 10.But u'll be permanent part time n will get sick leave and annual leave.And we will definately call u when there will be any available shifts.And we'll call u first coz we'll pay less to u.So finally i signed the contract.

but now i m bit confused and worried.did i do anything wrong?
And it was temp. contract.So do everyone get temp contract at first?how long is this contract for?when will actual contract start?

and how much is the pay retes?

sorry guys i think i messed up everything.
but plz help me asap........

milocole

Plane Nut
HSC
I also just signed a contract, mainly so I can take advantage of Sick Leave and Annual Leave. They treat us Recovery Associate's like dirt, I will take advantage of BigW's System

Dont get too worried, lucky its not permanant for anything, so you will be able to change it sooner or later

HSC
Rachana12, when you signed it it should say the date you begin with those hours. The pay rate depends on how old you are? And I don't know why its called a temp contract, but you've only been there 7 weeks I thought you had to be there at least 3 months to become PPT...

MjM2

HSC
On Sundays, the pay is time and a half right?

So therefore, its your normal pay x1.5

My normal pay is 13.30, so shouldn't Sunday pay be x1.5 of that 19.95?

Because on my pay slip, it says the rate is 18.84. Did I get my facts wrong?

mitch179

HSC
MjM2 said:
On Sundays, the pay is time and a half right?

So therefore, its your normal pay x1.5

My normal pay is 13.30, so shouldn't Sunday pay be x1.5 of that 19.95?

Because on my pay slip, it says the rate is 18.84. Did I get my facts wrong?
It's kind of strange.
The Sunday rate is the same for all employees, that is FT, PPT and Casual.

The Sunday rate is x1.7 of the FT and PPT rate.

So you would have to find the FT and PPT rate of your age, and x1.7 and see if it equals 18.84

HSC
Casual regular and overtime rates are calculated in relation to the FT/PT rates, so on regular days you get +20%. On Sundays, you should add +70% to the FT rate, rather than +50% to the usual casual pay.

Calculating it that way means Woolies gets to pay you a bit less p/h.

HSC
You have log in on the side panel. Pretty sure its 'woolworths' and the password is 'fresh'.

yobob

HSC
Ah I see.

Finally put an order through online. What happens now?

I haven't paid because I don't have a credit card, but the order seems to have been put through. If I want to pay by money order or cheque what do I do now?

Thanks.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Evolution2006 said:
whats the deal with the chrismas pay this year is comming earl or as normal
as normal this year, because Xmas falls after the Monday/Tuesday payroll processing days. And i know this for a fact because i'm head ofice cashier during the X-mas period.

edit: also, pay rises on 5th jan, and watch out if you have 2 rates of pay (this applies to supervisors) as the second rate of pay doesnt automatically download and has to be done manually, so just keep an eye out to make sure they've done it.

HSC
townie said:
edit: also, pay rises on 5th jan, and watch out if you have 2 rates of pay (this applies to supervisors) as the second rate of pay doesnt automatically download and has to be done manually, so just keep an eye out to make sure they've done it.
Quick Question: How is the supervisor rate claimed? Because even when we are rostered on for supervision shifts, the supervisors in my store are paid at their ordinary rate. Is there something extra that needs to be done?

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
babikakez said:
Quick Question: How is the supervisor rate claimed? Because even when we are rostered on for supervision shifts, the supervisors in my store are paid at their ordinary rate. Is there something extra that needs to be done?
do they appear on the rosters as Supervisors? if so they're not set up correctly in People Planner to be paid a 2nd rate. I would take this up as supervisors are entitled to grade 3 pay at the adult rate (regardless of age), the only situation in which the pay has to be manually adjusted is if a supervisor only does a supervision shift on sunday (there's some bug in the system that doesnt upload the 2nd rate of pay correctly if the only 2nd rate of pay shift is a sunday shift)

ytrbut

HSC
townie said:
do they appear on the rosters as Supervisors? if so they're not set up correctly in People Planner to be paid a 2nd rate. I would take this up as supervisors are entitled to grade 3 pay at the adult rate (regardless of age), the only situation in which the pay has to be manually adjusted is if a supervisor only does a supervision shift on sunday (there's some bug in the system that doesnt upload the 2nd rate of pay correctly if the only 2nd rate of pay shift is a sunday shift)
Should that happen in all departments, or just frontend?

Mark-AJ

Ncc Tardis
HSC
I know that in my store, only one Supervisor at any one time gets the Supervision rate... is that normal?
I mean, this is even on Saturday mornings when we have up to 4 or 5 around...

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hey guys, I'm just wondering...are woolies allowed to pay a custom pay rate? The reason I'm asking is because our Dry Goods Manager (+Fresh Foods) is requesting a higher pay rate otherwise he will resign. Would this ever happen ?

They would be stupid to loose him..He know's what he's talking about and he always helps other departments out when they are struggling.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)