The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

McLoving

HSC
Their is about 100000 articles of empirical evidence that actually does suggest people at university are 'more intelligent'.

You probably assume that most people who live in ethiopia are stupid, because due to less education and other factors they compartively are. That's not wrong or discrimination, it's just logical fact.
y dont u just focus on burning people and village k?

bayside9

HSC
I want a job in woolies, Do you think they even look at their online system for hiring. I have v bad experience with Coles they hardly reply back to applications. I think they have lobby system store managers hires people he knows. My nearby coles and safeways managers are indian and they only hires Indains.

Any ways I am endup working at IGA and hardly gets 13$ before tax. This job sucks and want a change.

How much wooolies pay per hour?
The online aplication system is probably your best chance at getting a job with woolies. That being said when i wanted to work nightfill and there was no availabilities the manager suggested I try longlife (grocery), I got a 1 on 1 interview straight of the bat and went into the group assesment from there. Just constantly check openings for positions online and instore and eventually you'll get there.

In terms of pay, it depends on your age. Theres also a stickied thread on payrates too.

HSC
I want a job in woolies, Do you think they even look at their online system for hiring. I have v bad experience with Coles they hardly reply back to applications. I think they have lobby system store managers hires people he knows. My nearby coles and safeways managers are indian and they only hires Indains.

Any ways I am endup working at IGA and hardly gets 13$ before tax. This job sucks and want a change.

How much wooolies pay per hour?
You're right, they don't reply back to their online database when you just put in a resume. You have to apply to actual positions before they will even consider you.

brockjock

HSC
N/A
I work at safeway... i was wondering do you think if i asked the manager... i could start 15 mins early and finish 15 mins early??

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldnt fancy your chances, but there's nothing to stop you from asking.

Harry778

HSC
The other week I asked if I could start an hour earlier in turn for finishing earlier and my CSM was fine with it.
It probably depends on the person. I asked my CSM the same thing and he didn't care, he's generally pretty nice. But a couple of months ago I asked the 2IC the same thing and she made suuuuuuch a big deal out of it.
The was like *siiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhhhh*" NOW I HAVE TO CALL ALL THESE PEOPLE AND RE ARRNAGE EVERYTHING"
So I said if its that hard dont worry about it

then she said No its fine I'll just take it up with Rori (CSM)
never heard anything about it, swapped it around no problems, he probably didnt care, pretty sure he hates the 2IC anyway..

Charizard

HSC
You're right, they don't reply back to their online database when you just put in a resume. You have to apply to actual positions before they will even consider you.
No.

Most people i know who work under the woolworths company umbrella just submitted that general application with an attached resume for when something comes up.

In fact, i don't know a single person that actively replied to a position advertised.

HSC
No.

Most people i know who work under the woolworths company umbrella just submitted that general application with an attached resume for when something comes up.

In fact, i don't know a single person that actively replied to a position advertised.
Well I was on their database for a year and a half before I applied to a specific position. Had an interview the next day.

Its been discussed in this thread beforehand.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
ooooh, Project Phoenix gets launched soon.

Office Cashier, Payroll Clerk, Systems Operators and SSM's are all being merged into either a Store Services Assosciate or Store Services Operator

grobsh

HSC

Office Cashier, Payroll Clerk, Systems Operators and SSM's are all being merged into either a Store Services Assosciate or Store Services Operator

its already been launched in one region, cant remember which. saw the fax today for region 8..

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
its already been launched in one region, cant remember which. saw the fax today for region 8..
jah, Store Managers meeting today for 8.

Got to go to a meeting next thurs and pennant hills, can any1 confirm that the support office there is 3 Cityview Road, Pennant Hills NSW 2120

Harry778

HSC
Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Staff think that people work in the cash office are fucking magic! Soo many people where asking me for ridiculous things today! I was so close to jumping through that window at someone.

They knocked really hard on the window and I was like "What"?!
"Can I have 700 RTC stickers"?
(I'm thinking WTF do you need 700 for?!)
"Come back later there are no printers left"
"ohh....just give me the old ones and I'll write them on"
(I was getting really pissed off at this point) "WE DONT HAVE ANY, COME BACK LATER"!
Then she slams a pen under the window and storms off, like WTF!!!!?

Tahnford

HSC

Any details on StoreNet? I'm intrigued since one of those positions is me and it's unlikely I'll be told any details.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
not per se, but if you search SSA on Storenet u can find job description and some training guides. will post more info after meeting next thursday

Craven

HSC
Hang on, what is the purpose of that? Maybe I'm missing something, but surely these jobs can't be condensed... there's no way 1 person can do all those things in a day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)