The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Has anyone heard any info about the new store opening in Glenorie? I've been checking out wowcareers and so far I've only seen jobs offered for trade qualified people...both my sister and I have been checking daily. Finding out info is hard externally, so I'm hoping there's some gossip internally? The shop is still under construction, rumoured to be complete in October.
afaik, Top Ryde is set (or was supposed) to open 1 week after Glenorie, and the internal Top Ryde staff havent been chosen yet, so external advertising wont come till after that. so i'd just sit tight, orrrrr, if u want to take a risk, contact Woolworths West Ryde Area 85 Office, ask for somebody in HR, (i can PM u a few names if your really desperate), and just tell them you're interested

edit: P.S. havent seen any stuff on Glenorie training on CoreComms yet either, and staff havent been asked to be borrowed for internal fit-out, so october might be optimistic at this stage (unless it's late, late, october)

Last edited:

Tragesty

HSC
Went to the doctor today, got a certificate for the rest of the week, so if tomorrow I wake up in the same condtion today, I'll probably have to cancel my first ever shift.

I need to find out though, if my next shift is going to be Friday (bad, might still be sick) or Saturday, Sunday, next week etc. Do you guys think HR would know what my shifts are? I'd prefer to call 'em and ask then to call my Deli Manager (I've only seen and talked to her once, but I reckon she might get a bad impression of me if I was to call her and ask if I have a shift on Friday only to have her say yes and then me telling her I can't go.

-mikey

HSC
You're probably going to need to call the dept manager. I would just explain straight up that you're sick and need to reschedule training. I'd say with 99% certainty that they will be understanding if you call with that approach.

Also, HR don't really have much contact with departments regarding rosters etc. Calling direct will get a much better outcome.

bensneddon

HSC
hey guys re: that selfserve topic a couple of pages back the Workstation is called RAP dunno what it stands for but its all NCR software tailored for woolies also ther is a new program comming out designed by woolworths/ ingenico ( the people who make our EFT Pinpads) there is a whole 70 something page user manual on store net and beleve me it looks like crap
RAP = Remote Attendant Post

The new SCO software is called WoWPOS SCO (instead of NCR SCO). There are a few teething issues, but it's designed in part to cope with many SCO's in one store (upwards of 19), without having to have multiple 'Workstation 10'.

It is also much more tightly integrated with StoreLine, with a full 'SCOBO' (SCO Back Office) to maintain various options. The latest store releases have had a few features pertaining to the implementation of WoWPOS SCO.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
woot! current CSM is going to be new CSM @ Glenorie, so I'm being promoted to CSM @ my store!

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
afaik, Top Ryde is set (or was supposed) to open 1 week after Glenorie, and the internal Top Ryde staff havent been chosen yet, so external advertising wont come till after that. so i'd just sit tight, orrrrr, if u want to take a risk, contact Woolworths West Ryde Area 85 Office, ask for somebody in HR, (i can PM u a few names if your really desperate), and just tell them you're interested

edit: P.S. havent seen any stuff on Glenorie training on CoreComms yet either, and staff havent been asked to be borrowed for internal fit-out, so october might be optimistic at this stage (unless it's late, late, october)
You're a legend townie, thank you :).

I'm not super desperate for employment as I'm a Sunday manager in a clothes store, but travelling 2 mins for work as opposed to 45 mins for work is very tempting and I'm starting to feel like changing jobs...so I'll wait until external advertising starts coming up to apply. I'm very excited!

Congrats on the promotion too, that's awesome mate! (So, is the current CSM nice, considering he may be my future boss? lol)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
the CSM is a she. She's err....interesting. bascially if you like her, you like her, if you dont, you hate her. she's easy to have a joke and a laugh with, but she's not that pro-active and doesnt like serving, but pretty well organised. god help you if you call in sick with her though, and if she wants you to do a shift she will keep asking and arguing untill you do it.

HSC
nah, still am, but untill then i'm CSM - weird i know, but meh, good experience and good money
Yeh true, well done.

Major lol at the Coles staff handing out catalogues outside my store today - before our Grocery manager went and yelled at the poor 14 year old boys.
I have volunteered to do the same outside Coles tomorrow ;)

Opening tomorrow, grr.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
the CSM is a she. She's err....interesting. bascially if you like her, you like her, if you dont, you hate her. she's easy to have a joke and a laugh with, but she's not that pro-active and doesnt like serving, but pretty well organised. god help you if you call in sick with her though, and if she wants you to do a shift she will keep asking and arguing untill you do it.
Ahhh, she sounds like my old boss. I rarely call in sick, I just work while sick lol so I'm sure we'll get along (hopefully).

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Woot, back at my old, good store, in the same 2IC position and department I was in when I left 6 months ago. Awesome ^_^

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hi Townie, I'm putting in my notice soon for big w.

I understand that leave loading is not paid when you resign. Do you get paid the leave loading amount if you are made casual and they pay out your remaining annual leave? If so i might convince my manager to do this for me...
at Woolworths, yes, i presume BIG W is the same, but cant be sure.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
So is it all one payment or does it span across a few paychecks when it gets cashed in?

I can't take 3 months holiday in one go with a few weeks notice - and there isn't enough people to cover me for that long.
say u want to, or you'll quit, which u were going too anyway, it's win-win

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
Can Anyone Tell me how to Open Self-Serve? I just got a phonecall from my CSM asking me to come in at 7.30 & Open Self-Serve. I have never done it before! Our usual Attendant who opens can`t work.

HSC
Change your availability so that you're only available less than 10 hrs a week, say all day Saturday or something?
Then you'd have less than 10 hrs p/w, and they'd have to make you casual.

the_don

HSC
Can Anyone Tell me how to Open Self-Serve? I just got a phonecall from my CSM asking me to come in at 7.30 & Open Self-Serve. I have never done it before! Our usual Attendant who opens can`t work.
dont worry its easy and this is how i do it EVERY monday morning

1. open up each "lane" by pressing storelogin and scanning your attendant barcode or just type in your user id and pin. it could take a lot of tries to "wake up the machines"

2. open up the machines both the outer shell and the internal silver keyed locks on both coins and notes

3. by now the money should be down from invoice all in there various bags there could be alot or not much at all but nomatter what there are allways notes to pe put in

4. place each of the change bags on there designated machines i.e all 81's bags on 81 all of 82's changebags on 82 and so on

5. pull out the coin hopper (if not allready out) and put all the coins in the various hoppers on each machine

6. do the same with the notes

7. do this for all of the machines

9 once all the money is put in go into the attendant screen press cash/paper status click note managment log in then toward the lower left hand couner you will see some cylinder looking things above them should say 5 , 20,50 or somthing never looked at them closely just press the plus sign underneth them and enter the amount for each
at my store i know there is 50 $50 notes 100 $20 notes and 150 $5 notes
after that click coin managment and do the same there should be a "counts" list that says how much has been put into each machine then after that you just go back to store mode close them al up and thats it..

i hope i explaned this clear enough any more questions just ask

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)