The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i do miss the tactile (sp?) sensation of the keys though, i mean i used to be able to enter in prices and hit buttoms without looking at the screen, cant seem to do that with touch screens

HSC
My Department Boss quit yesterday :yes:

best day ever for me! i am very relieved after a year and a half of blessed torture she is gone.

I cannot help but think of "Ding Dong the witch is dead" from wizard of oz :p

HSC
Store Transfers: Fill out a form. Dept manager must provide a reference for you - this takes ages. Once thats done, its forwarded to HR - also takes ages. They try to find a store for you - also takes ages.

Moral of the story - whole process takes ages.

Otacon2009

HSC
I can vouch for that. Applied in May for a July transfer. Went alright until it was sent to HR. Didn't hear anything until August, where I had a letter of rejection dated in July. By the middle of July I didnt care anymore as it was only 2.5km difference.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Complicated process 0_o...At the beginning of the year I went to my Store Manager "Hey can you transfer me to xx store, I'm moving"

Within 2 weeks I was trasnferred.

banjie

Just smile and nod...
HSC
I transfered when I left for Uni. I didn't have to fill anything out and now I transfer back and forwards between both stores. Much simpler with the big city store. I just ring them, tell them when I'm available and its down. Urgh last chrissy though it took my small town store 6 WEEKS to get me back in the system. They kept telling me they hadn't recieved any paper work. They didnt need any and everything was sorted on the other end. I am more than ready to quit but I have to organise my transfer back to that little crap hole for the summer hols and I havent been able to find an alternate job.

But yeah, talk to your store manager. They can set you up.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
BEST DAY EVER!!! Our store is on the refurb list (Harris Farm is opening next door, so we have to look presentable)

Tragesty

HSC
Hey guys,

Just a quick question in regards to my previous problem (writing the wrong hours on my sign in sheet). My department manager said on Thursday she'd deal with it today, and I still haven't gotten payed, so I'm wondering if the overdue pay will come on my next pay day (aka Wednesday). Can the pay me given to my on another day if theres a problem like in this case, or is it just rounded to the folllowing week's pay?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hey guys,

Just a quick question in regards to my previous problem (writing the wrong hours on my sign in sheet). My department manager said on Thursday she'd deal with it today, and I still haven't gotten payed, so I'm wondering if the overdue pay will come on my next pay day (aka Wednesday). Can the pay me given to my on another day if theres a problem like in this case, or is it just rounded to the folllowing week's pay?
Goes through to the next week.

SS-champion

HSC
just wondering... how much do nightfill staff (21yo+) get paid per hour? and what are the penalty rates etc? and are most on part time or casual?

Craven

HSC
Greg Foran in town next week... highly likely to be visiting. Our store's relaunch on Monday (my day off, aww).

Harry778

HSC
Store Transfers: Fill out a form. Dept manager must provide a reference for you - this takes ages. Once thats done, its forwarded to HR - also takes ages. They try to find a store for you - also takes ages.

It didnt take me very long. My first transfer took about a month, but when I wanted to get transferred back it took 2-3 week. Although they were a bit pissed off that I wanted another transfer within 3 months, back to the same store. Lol.

HSC
i'm suspecting that woolies had called me this morning but i missed it, called it back but didn't answer? is te number usually a mobile number?

yoddle

is cool
HSC

Moral of the story - the story isn't accurate.

First time i transferred, the STM had me a new position the day after I filled out the form, it didn't even get to HR.

Second time, like two weeks ago, form filled in, appraisal only took CSM like a day, and faxed off the next day.

Very speedy.

mlee72

HSC
Hey guys,
wondering if anyone can help me *looks at townie*, a customer went rank today because his card was broken and we couldn't process the transaction, he kept yelling "just type the numbers in", so i was wondering is there anyway of putting in the numbers manually or how do we deal with damaged bank cards? i've never had this before

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys,
wondering if anyone can help me *looks at townie*, a customer went rank today because his card was broken and we couldn't process the transaction, he kept yelling "just type the numbers in", so i was wondering is there anyway of putting in the numbers manually or how do we deal with damaged bank cards? i've never had this before
there used to be a way to manually type in the card number for credit cards that were damaged, however, we are no longer able to do this as people (customers) were rorting the system (by pretending to swipe their card, but actually enter in a CC number of a stolen card). this is why we now have to make sure card numbers match and there isnt a K.

A damaged card could be processed via manual EFT, but we arent supposed to do it for damaged cards, if the card is damaged you should direct the customer to their financial institution for a replacement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)