• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
hey, i actually have a question, what do you guys do about the Voids report, i've been trained to print it out and get all operators to sign and explain anything >$10, but this seems like a waste of time, espescially as the voids report arent required to be retained under records of retention, on the other hand, it is part of the SMART that the reports are checked. I just find it takes a huge amount of time following up all the voids so am thinking of just following up void transactions, and large/repeated/suspiscious voids of cigs/phone credit/etc.
I have never seen a CSM chase voids up with anyone. All I know is that void reports are a waste of time and annoying.
Do you print yours out or handwrite them? We have to go through void screen and handwrite everything thats required. Hate it.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I have never seen a CSM chase voids up with anyone. All I know is that void reports are a waste of time and annoying.
Do you print yours out or handwrite them? We have to go through void screen and handwrite everything thats required. Hate it.
i just use the print-out from Storeline, it's so shit though, there isnt enough refinement. i wish you could just get a report that only shows voids > $x dollars + void transactions + operators with voids above avg.

HSC
i just use the print-out from Storeline, it's so shit though, there isnt enough refinement. i wish you could just get a report that only shows voids > $x dollars + void transactions + operators with voids above avg.
I have always suggested this. I guess my store justs wants to be environmentally friendly, albeit inefficient.

Otacon2009

HSC
Usually on a really bad day when the bloody scanner wants to scan everything twice, I get pulled over and sign a void sheet explaining why I had so many voids. Though, how many voids does it take for one to get quizzed? Is it 10 items in one shift or is it total of $100? Usually I have reports showing I've voided an entire page of items.

HSC
Usually on a really bad day when the bloody scanner wants to scan everything twice, I get pulled over and sign a void sheet explaining why I had so many voids. Though, how many voids does it take for one to get quizzed? Is it 10 items in one shift or is it total of $100? Usually I have reports showing I've voided an entire page of items.
We keep written records of voids over $40.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Pretty sure we do not keep track of voids at all. I've never been asked or ever heard the CSM talk about voids at all in either of my stores under any CSM.

Harry778

HSC
hey, i actually have a question, what do you guys do about the Voids report, i've been trained to print it out and get all operators to sign and explain anything >$10, but this seems like a waste of time, espescially as the voids report arent required to be retained under records of retention, on the other hand, it is part of the SMART that the reports are checked. I just find it takes a huge amount of time following up all the voids so am thinking of just following up void transactions, and large/repeated/suspiscious voids of cigs/phone credit/etc.
My CSM makes all of the a service supervisors print out:
Voids report
Price enquieries
No Sales
Refund report (an explanation must be given for refunds over $20)
And high number of Voided transactions

So who ever opens must print these out everyday and chase them up...other wise we get in trouble. I think its the SSM who makes us do this. Cos my CSM is pretty easy going, its not like him to make us do this.

langlece

HSC
Our CSM and 2ic always follow up the refunds and voids. At the front, we have scan rates and the $ total of voids displayed, with the operator names (not numbers) blacked out. If someone has more than $100 per week (excluding night supervisors - unrecalled saveds) they get investigated. They don't get involved or even told unless there's something dodgy. Refunds are also looked at if they're a large value.

My scan rate hasn't been below 20 for the past 2 years :)

langlece

HSC
Yeah I know what you mean, but I reckon my scan rate is actually higher for like baskets. Because you can scan all the items, then hit enter, stopping the clock, and pack them while the customer's getting their payment method ready/doing their card thing.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
My scan rate would definetly be higher for basket loads. I feel like I push them through SO much quicker then trolly's. I feel like I can the whole basket in a minute compared to the whole trolly in 3.5/4 minutes (roughly).

Cheers

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yeah I know what you mean, but I reckon my scan rate is actually higher for like baskets. Because you can scan all the items, then hit enter, stopping the clock, and pack them while the customer's getting their payment method ready/doing their card thing.
I try and do this but am so unco-ordinated, so usually they're trying to pay me and their products are scattered all over the register and it takes longer for the customer.

T 360

One of the Fresh Food Peo
HSC
I am a casual Self-Serve Attendant. That is,I cover self-serve while people go to lunch/tea or can`t work. I have only ever done 3 Full shifts on Self-serve,2 of which have been on Saturdays(our busiest day). Being an attendant is good,but it is a lot harder with WoWPos SCO,which puts on the assistance requested light,without any reason! Plus other problems. If you are given the option, I say go to it.It is a nice change from normal checkouts. I want to do more shifts on their.

Otacon2009

HSC
It looks easy, but doing eight hours of it can send patient people over the edge. On the one hand, nothing like having to intervene at the same machine every few minutes because either the machine's scales are not calibrated or the customer unable to follow simple instructions. The upside is that you don't have to spend entire shifts on the checkouts.

Treefeet

HSC
i did 10 hours once on Self-serve, that was fun. and our store is only open for 17hours :p

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Oh and I forgot to say...

...new cash office thing started last night. So the cash office chick was rostered on 5-8 with us (FE) and then 8-9 in cash, where she apparently only had to do a pick up. (They're usually rostered on 5-10 or 2-10 cash). She spent from 6-30 to about 7-30 doing exactly the same thing she would have done in cash, i.e. count and pack up all the tills. Then she did the pick up but there was some problem and she didn't end up leaving til nine thirty.

Also, registers starting running out of change at about 8 because the last change order we're allowed to do now is at like 3, they ordered heaps and it still didn't last us until 8. I left at ten and things were despo and quite busy, have no idea how they coped after that.

So, is the Project Phoenix? I haven't been paying attention to it.

Also a customer handed in $130 in ten dollar notes she reckoned she found near reg 5. I got a girl to count the 4 reggos near 5 but nothing came up so i just locked it in the drawer.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh and I forgot to say...

...new cash office thing started last night. So the cash office chick was rostered on 5-8 with us (FE) and then 8-9 in cash, where she apparently only had to do a pick up. (They're usually rostered on 5-10 or 2-10 cash). She spent from 6-30 to about 7-30 doing exactly the same thing she would have done in cash, i.e. count and pack up all the tills. Then she did the pick up but there was some problem and she didn't end up leaving til nine thirty.

Also, registers starting running out of change at about 8 because the last change order we're allowed to do now is at like 3, they ordered heaps and it still didn't last us until 8. I left at ten and things were despo and quite busy, have no idea how they coped after that.

So, is the Project Phoenix? I haven't been paying attention to it.

Also a customer handed in $130 in ten dollar notes she reckoned she found near reg 5. I got a girl to count the 4 reggos near 5 but nothing came up so i just locked it in the drawer.
if you find money with no source just dissection dump it into groceries, then record in lost property

Harry778

HSC
Woohoo! Our 3IC is leaving to another store =D Hated that stupid bitch. If there where like two people waiting in the express line she would go heaps crazy! OMG ALL DEPARTMENTS EXPRESS ALERT! lol, not really but she would stress over nothing!! And also have 3 cash office shifts this week! Finally! My SSM was didn't want me in there cos I'm "to young" She said to me ohh we might wait till your about 21. She thinks cos the last 19 year old in there stole from pick ups (and got caught...what a fucking idiot!) I'm going to do it to. She seriously called me irresponsible to my face. So I was like speak to Rori (CSM) he thinks I'm one of the best supervisors he has and I'm only 18, thats saying something dont ya reckon?

But yeah...excited about cash office. Done all the stupid training for Project Pheonix..might as well use it.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
lololol imagine if someone actually said 'omgz express alert!!' into the microphone, might do it on my last day ever.

They have a tradition of doing service 80 calls in indian accents here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)