• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

gypo101

HSC
13. You see a customer from the ‘corner of your eye’ try and conceal a product into their pocket which you believe they do not intend to pay for. Do you:
Follow the customer around the store and see if they intend to pay for the goods
Ignore the situation, as you may be falsely accusing an innocent customer
****Approach the customer and ask if you can be of any assistance to them
Alert someone else to advise a supervisor as you continue to watch the customer before some back up comes to assist you

You are working on a checkout serving a customer. A member of the management team walks up to your checkout and asks you to scan a product for them as they don’t think that it is scanning correctly. Do you:
Check the item straight away as it is a manager asking you
*****Let the manager know you have 3 more items to scan through for the customer and will be able to do it as soon as you are finished with the sale
Ask the customer if they would mind if you quickly checked the item
Apologise to the manager that you are unable to do it as you are serving customers
Ring the bell at your checkout for the service supervisor to come and talk to the manager

guys r my choices right[ my choice is marked by *********] ? or did i choose the wrong ones, and if so which one is the right ones thanx alot​

Last edited:

Treefeet

HSC
The first answer is right
But the second question i would choose the first answer.. as you can do a price enquiry and it doesnt go onto the customers bill... or even if you do put it on the bill you can always void it off :p

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
I would choose the second option for the last item. A manager knows that the customers come first, they pay the bills and therefore their price enquiry can wait.

lacho95

HSC
All these people going on about pay rates need to understand that different states at the moment have different awards.

So Vic pays more than WA, and WA pays more than NSW.

WA: 15 year old casual is about $8ph, 17 is about $12ph.
Fuck! 8$ p/h? Thats shit! Here over at queensland we get round' 9.50 and im 15

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Can we wear the new Total Image shirts as soon as we get them, or is there a point next year as to when we can start to wear them?

Thanks

HSC
so did i.

but noone in my store has one. though we now have nightfillers on checkouts, we hired wayyy too many people for our homeshop launch, which is being pushed back til after xmas. so now we have people in n/f uniforms on checkouts.

brookie94

HSC
But I think brookie94 is getting confused, just wanted to clear that up for her. I think she's in NSW, you're in VIC, and Wixxy's in NSW - yet she's taking your rates as hers.
Know that all states have different pay rates inwas just pointing out that finally someone in nsw was putting there's up so yeh
and to the person who said that wa pays mire than nsw and then said that a 15 year old gets $8 you obviously didn't read what I, a 14 year old an getting paid in nsw, $8.12 on probation so nsw pays more than wa

HSC
Know that all states have different pay rates inwas just pointing out that finally someone in nsw was putting there's up so yeh
and to the person who said that wa pays mire than nsw and then said that a 15 year old gets $8 you obviously didn't read what I, a 14 year old an getting paid in nsw, $8.12 on probation so nsw pays more than wa
I said 8ish. And there is no pay rise at 15, begins at 16.

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

anyone know what rsa involves? i have to go sometime before xmas week :(

and it really sucks that you can't search for three letter words guys. on the other hand, searching for "liquor" as an alternative took me back to 2007 posts where townie was doing his first sup shift and i had a lousy scanning rate.

how have times changed. we have spent wayyy too long with woolies ;)

Otacon2009

HSC

RSAs is simply a formality for you to identify those who are sober and over 18 (Which you can serve) and those who are intoxicated or are under 18 (Which you don't serve). I think the Woolworths training also has a session on how to identify shoplifters.

Also, is it just my store or has it been consistently been quiet? Our cash officer reckons that customers are diverting money to paying off debt and saving up for a big Chirstmas splash.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC

Must be the same trend over here, last 2 weeks I planned 29 for both weeks but they came in at 27/26 whicH SUCKEd. It was very quiet though.

This week is picking up though, Tuesday/Wednesday, normally our quitest days were absolutely hectic, ran out of lettuces before 3pm and ran out of bananas at 7pm o_O

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I had a really strange encounter with a five dollar note yesterday. I was on an express, giving a customer their change, which consisted of a $5 note.
I was about to pull it out from under the clip, when I saw this (minus the SPECIMEN)...

I looked at it for a few seconds, noticing several things that were different.

- Watermark size and shape
- Different head on the note
- Different colour
- Black/dark borders around the top
- Six shield like squares on bottom left
- A brighter pink colour than the rest
- Watermark had pink in it
- The note has pink lines going through it.

And that is just the front of the note. I IMMEDIATELY called a supervisor, and the duty manager came over, I showed him the note, he was surprised. He stood there comparing it to a normal note, but because it had a legit watermark (numbers/etc on it), he came to the conclusion it was genuine.

I looked on Wikipedia that night, and found it was a special commonwealth note.
Geeze the government know how to scare somebody! haha

Go to: Banknotes of the Australian dollar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Scroll down to Current series (polymer). You'll see what I mean by the colour/brightness/etc (compared to regular $5 note).

I was praised for having a sharp eye and picking it up.

Last edited:

twelvemonths

HSC
That's the Centenary of Federation $5 note. I've been caught on that one a couple of times :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)