The Woolworths Thread (24 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I hope you understand all that :S

Anyone else start putting up the new tickets for the national pricing today?
We got all of our point of sale stuff, so yeah, lots of green arrows pointing towards shelves :D
BFIDBFVOANV. I have never done tickets before and i spent four hours putting up the shelf labels. It was hell. Although we got to have a fully sick morning tea for departing SM (although were forced to watch that mildly menacing Greg Foran DVD) (BTW does anyone work at Kingaroy in QLD? that's where he's going to).

OMG did anyone else get the fun job of putting up those green arrows??!!

I did :(... 32 of them!! worst job ever!
I just went shopping and they look dreadful!

I don't know about you guys, but we are getting RAPED in wages. Our duty manager has been told she doesn't have a position from Monday and now she is a highly, highly paid nightfiller - apparently all duty managers are being culled nationwide! Because we have no hours to face the store or clean the dock, the place looks like a disaster area. Christmas was a picnic compared to this.
Yes, its actually very frightening. They are raping EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE. The SSO came back into the Services office after the managers meeting on Friday and was like "FUCK". We aren't allowed to laminate anymore, we aren't allowed to get replacement fittings/equipment/anything UNLESS the store cannot physically operate without them. An operating ratio of 106% (what does that mean???) which according to SM will equate to customers spending a far longer amount of time waiting in queues. Like townie warned a few weeks back, wages and shrinkage are going to be gone over with a fine tooth comb. I think it may have something to do with trying to compete with Aldi, but it will be an ultimately failed policy if prices only drop slightly but customer service takes a turn for the absolute worst (which it is going to, apparently).

Uncool.

Also, horrible story, do you guys know about dumpster diving? Its pretty much where you get into supermarket dumpsters and get the stuff out that is totally fine (as you all know, we chuck so much good shit out). So my friends and I do it sometimes (never at my stores, obviously) but we just nipped in to a small Woolies so my friend could get some stuff for din dins, and got busted by a bunch of employees and ... my old duty manager from when I worked in the city. She was so horrified. It was really confrontational and scary, although she treated me OK, just really surprised cos I was like totes star employee. So if she decides to tell anyone, like the AM, I could well get the sack, and thus not afford to go overseas anymore :S

lizzay2348

HSC
Yes, I'm salaried.

I work in petrol as assistant manager, and possibly manager as of tomorrow... Been there for 7 weeks so far, and a checkout chick for 5 weeks before that, and no job ever before that, so I'm still considering whether I think I'm even up to doing to job...

But I guess, shitty hours and all, I'm still doing better than 10.50ish/hour that I was getting on checkouts.
Wowwwwwww you've progressed quickly! Well done :)

I don't know about you guys, but we are getting RAPED in wages. Our duty manager has been told she doesn't have a position from Monday and now she is a highly, highly paid nightfiller - apparently all duty managers are being culled nationwide! Because we have no hours to face the store or clean the dock, the place looks like a disaster area. Christmas was a picnic compared to this.
Yep, all duty managers are being absorbed back into departments. SM, STM(s) and (I think) SSM are now going to have whack rosters lol.

Also

I took a screenshot of the desktop of one of our workstations earlier, does this look like the ones over there?
Apart from some of the programs, yes. Been discussed before, but is ISIS the same as Order Management? Or People Planner?

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Apart from some of the programs, yes. Been discussed before, but is ISIS the same as Order Management? Or People Planner?
ISIS is practically our hub of doing everything. Tickets, item management, promotions, batches, orders, reports etc etc (Our version of Back Office?)

Also, horrible story, do you guys know about dumpster diving? Its pretty much where you get into supermarket dumpsters and get the stuff out that is totally fine (as you all know, we chuck so much good shit out). So my friends and I do it sometimes (never at my stores, obviously) but we just nipped in to a small Woolies so my friend could get some stuff for din dins, and got busted by a bunch of employees and ... my old duty manager from when I worked in the city. She was so horrified. It was really confrontational and scary, although she treated me OK, just really surprised cos I was like totes star employee. So if she decides to tell anyone, like the AM, I could well get the sack, and thus not afford to go overseas anymore :S
Why would you eat food out of a dumpster?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yep, all duty managers are being absorbed back into departments. SM, STM(s) and (I think) SSM are now going to have whack rosters lol.
Argh! That's shit! Two weeks after i get made a Duty Manager they now disappear. That's really bad for my cousin, whose entire job is Duty.

Why would you eat food out of a dumpster?
A variety of political, ethical and personal reasons.

Pretty good explanation:
Dumpster diving - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It unfortunately it tends to provoke reactions of abject horror and anger from most Woolworths employees.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
A variety of political, ethical and personal reasons.

Pretty good explanation:
Dumpster diving - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It unfortunately it tends to provoke reactions of abject horror and anger from most Woolworths employees.
Hey it's your choice whatever you want to do. I personally wouldn't fancy eating something that has been thrown into a bin which flies, maggots and cockroaches hang around in. (Our bins at work atm need a MAJOR major clean)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
As do ours! They are the most revolting bins ever and even I would never go near food from them just because of the smell. Some of the newer ones however are in pretty good shape (for bins).

danberg

HSC
yes, i know about it.
That is why we have a padlock which we LOCK!
Hopefully the food recovery program will resolve the issue of throwing out perfectly good food, mostly.

EVAN162

HSC
She told me she has been 2IC for like 5 years. I reckon she's be pretty good. But yeah Greenhills is the SSM "to be" store hey? So guess she wouldnt be CSM there.

Hahaha, she sure is unlucky with the refurbs! It's pretty funny.

Do you know who will be CSM after Toni?

jirwin

HSC
They should ban employee's from buying food after their shifts. If I didn't buy food on impulse after my shifts throughout the past month I would've saved $38.95. :(

SS-champion

HSC
I'm pretty sure they came 100 to a bundle. So put me down for about 550-odd... :s
ok I was talking about the large green arrows hanging from the ceiling at the front and back of every aisle.

...but yes the tickets and smaller arrows on the data strip would have also been painful.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
I watched my DM and SSM do those at night when we were really quiet. Took them about an hour and a half, but the ladder was huge and looked like fun to be on :p

bdude

HSC
Yes, its actually very frightening. They are raping EVERYTHING, EVERYWHERE. The SSO came back into the Services office after the managers meeting on Friday and was like "FUCK". We aren't allowed to laminate anymore, we aren't allowed to get replacement fittings/equipment/anything UNLESS the store cannot physically operate without them. An operating ratio of 106% (what does that mean???) which according to SM will equate to customers spending a far longer amount of time waiting in queues. Like townie warned a few weeks back, wages and shrinkage are going to be gone over with a fine tooth comb. I think it may have something to do with trying to compete with Aldi, but it will be an ultimately failed policy if prices only drop slightly but customer service takes a turn for the absolute worst (which it is going to, apparently).
Makes you wonder how much Woolworths must spend on laminating resources.

HSC
Worst shift ever! :(

I had the most annoying customer, who screeched at me sounded like a cat and then didn't go on my break till 5.30 and finished at 6 grr, Then i fell over at work and these customers just stared at me then my shitty supervisor is like, "Oh, can you clean that mess up before you go home" friggin hell i'm complaining to my SSM tomorrow!

danberg

HSC
Worst shift ever! :(

I had the most annoying customer, who screeched at me sounded like a cat and then didn't go on my break till 5.30 and finished at 6 grr, Then i fell over at work and these customers just stared at me then my shitty supervisor is like, "Oh, can you clean that mess up before you go home" friggin hell i'm complaining to my SSM tomorrow!
Ugh sounds crap
I'm sure you going on break at 5.30 would violate the EBA, defs in VIC.
Speak to SSM about both, see if the shitty supervisor becomes slightly less shitty next time she sees you.

HSC
...but yes the tickets and smaller arrows on the data strip would have also been painful.
They were. I was supposed to do more today but it was just too busy.

10-7.30 today with a half hour lunch :( I lost count of the number of parents who abused me and the grocery manager because we ran out of exercise books at 2pm. Seriously, you know that your kid goes back to school and needs appropriate supplies all summer! 31 Jan is not a good day to do something about it.

brookie94

HSC
Did anyone elses store making f***ing stupid container for the register and if you open your drawer for pick up or float in and out you have to write why on the printer slip (WTF?!?!) and same fir phone change and now a supervisor must be present if you are swapping change for a customer ( a 50 for 2 20's and a 10 again WTF!?) and if you void any item during a sale, you must finish the sale as normal, reprint a receipt and write on it why you voided and item and what item (what a waste of paper!!!! And like WTF for?!!?!?!?) gah! It's soooo stupid. Does anyone else have this? Will it become policy? I f***ing hope not!
/ end rant

danberg

HSC
Did anyone elses store making f***ing stupid container for the register and if you open your drawer for pick up or float in and out you have to write why on the printer slip (WTF?!?!) and same fir phone change and now a supervisor must be present if you are swapping change for a customer ( a 50 for 2 20's and a 10 again WTF!?) and if you void any item during a sale, you must finish the sale as normal, reprint a receipt and write on it why you voided and item and what item (what a waste of paper!!!! And like WTF for?!!?!?!?) gah! It's soooo stupid. Does anyone else have this? Will it become policy? I f***ing hope not!
/ end rant
OMG hope our store never gets this tight, but i guess this is what "going over shrinkage with a fine tooth comb" means.

HSC
/ end rant
our liquor staff already have to do this with their voids, though i thought that once you void something its removed from the receipt??

PyroTek

HSC
I once got a call from the STM(who was SSM as well) saying "why did you void this carton of cigarettes yesterday?"

Yeah, I explained the british lady asked for a "box of longbeach 30's" or whatever.
I scanned it and shes like "oh... like a single box"
I'm like "packet?"
"yeah"

I think it's only voiding transactions that requires a reason.

Pyro

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 24)