The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

HSC
She's salaried, but it turns out it wasn't rostered. But our CSM/2IC normally work public holidays as their 6/4 roster would be otherwise. Every other department had a manager or 2IC workng today.

But when we checked the roster she had Tuesday-Saturday instead of Monday-Saturday. Thats why she was so quick to leave.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Our meat manager got an electric shock today. The wrapper in her department was fucking up so the 2IC jumped on the bench and was turning it off/switching it on etc...and just as she turned it on, the meat manager tried to do something with the fuse and zaaapppp

Was totally crazy...SM had to ring area manager, regional manager, head office and then take her to the hospital even though she was perfectly fine.

ytrbut

HSC
Our meat manager got an electric shock today. The wrapper in her department was fucking up so the 2IC jumped on the bench and was turning it off/switching it on etc...and just as she turned it on, the meat manager tried to do something with the fuse and zaaapppp

Was totally crazy...SM had to ring area manager, regional manager, head office and then take her to the hospital even though she was perfectly fine.
That's the standard electrocution incident procedure. It gets elevated like a bitch. We had one at our store for a simple zap with a fluorescent light globe, which got blown totally out of proportion because it was classified as an electrocution incident.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
^^ Yeah still a pain in the rear though!

Ooh got an interview tomorrow for Produce Manager's job at another store!

yobob

HSC
Does anyone know the name of the song that has no lyrics/vocals.

It has violins and is very relaxing music.

yobob

HSC
Nopes, dont think thats it.

I can't ever recall hearing that song ever been played lol.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
labour day = shit. noone has anything to do, its like a zillion degrees, so they come to the shops.

My day started terribly, and ended terribly. I got there just before 9, expecting my 2IC to come in around 9ish, maybe a bit later. I started doing food safety/other open jobs until I noticed that everything had been done. So I didn't think anything of it and just presumed she'd gone to get papers.
Then one of the grocery boys tells me she came in at 6.30 and did everything, went home, and was going to come back around 9.30ish for tills.
Weird. But then when she did come back in, she saw me, and then went "well if you're here I'm going home". And off she went.

Then there was absolutely no change to order.

Opened at 10. I jumped on express at 10.10, called my first express alert at 10.15, those staff did not leave checkouts until 2pm. The express line had actually split, half the people had continued the line straight towards liquor and the other half had split around the corner, alongside deli and meat. So there were massive fights in the middle of the express queue. And the lines for mains went down the aisles.
I taught our DM checkouts out of neccessity. She had no clue. She couldn't even remember her password to sign on to the checkout.

At around 11 I noticed we didn't have many bags. So I started ringing other stores to try and get some. But of course, being WA and a public holiday, something like 8 stores only in the metro area were open? And only three of them were within 40 minutes of us.
Noone had bags to give us.
Also at 11 I had one of our operators tell us she was doing her entire shift in bakery :| Like you could have told me this morning, I honestly thought she was only there until 10 (like it had shift 1 6-10, shit 2 11-3, i thought the second shift was us). And the afternoon supervisor rang to say that she got her uni timetable mixed up and couldn't come in after all. :(

By that stage my DM told me to ring ALL the afternoon operators and ask them to come in early. Two did, thankfully.

I went to lunch at 2.45, and took around 25 minutes before I got a phone call from the DM asking me to come back.

Then at 4pm we finally ran out of bags, no problem we thought, we'll just give out boxes and green bags.
EXCEPT THERE WERE NO BOXES AND ONLY ONE BOX OF GREEN BAGS.
so in the end we made people pay for the green bags. I got so many complaints that we ran out of those 'Serving you Better' forms.

Finally, 4.30, the centre's power went out. Woolies, being the only store with a reliable generator, got slammed. I cried, literally. By that stage we had run out of the boxes that we did have as well.

Before close, I rang our 2IC to explain that there was no bags until tomorrow lunchtime and there was nothing we could do about it and that we really did try. She hung up on me.

But today really showed that I have some amazing amazing young kids in my department. I have some new favourites, and old favourites that well, are fucking brilliant.

And noone wants to tell me if I have to work thursday or not!

Sorry for the epic epic post. But how was everyone elses day?
Wow that was actually an epically bad day! Like full on. I almost never stress/get worked up, but that would so test me. Omg how would you be sane right now?

The SSM from my old store is our SM here for three weeks! He really likes me (professionally) so i look forward to favourable treatment :)

HSC
Wow that was actually an epically bad day! Like full on. I almost never stress/get worked up, but that would so test me. Omg how would you be sane right now?

The SSM from my old store is our SM here for three weeks! He really likes me (professionally) so i look forward to favourable treatment :)
The problem is that I DO get stressed, like it doesn't take much to throw me off. I am so surprised that I lasted until 4ish before I really lost my cool. I had to get away from the express lanes because I was sick the customer complaints, I think the girl who I dumped in smokeshop for the afternoon was annoyed at me because I wouldn't come around to talk to anymore customers.

Oh, and I forgot that our eftpos kept going down, there were five service 100s for liquor, and it was apaz my fault that at 4pm there was no heart smart minced beef.

I am not sane right now. I'm utterly utterly exhausted, I have to leave for uni in like an hour and I haven't even started my tute work/reading yet. And I still need to ring my SSM and find out if he wants me thursday for phase 3 training or not (I'm supposed to be working ONLY if there's phase 3 newbies coming in, if they're not coming in then I'm not meant to be working.)

Actually, I lie. I'm perfectly fine, because I know that because I did such a shit job yesterday I will never be given public holiday supervision ever again.

Last edited:

Harry778

HSC
Does anyone know the name of the song that has no lyrics/vocals.

It has violins and is very relaxing music.
I think I know the one you are talking about. It is a really nice song and goes for about 5 minutes?But dont know what its called. Do you know what time and date your heard it last?

If you do, I'll be able to find out for you.

Last edited:

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah that's it, I recall Titanic everytime I hear it at work lol.

@kakez - aw :( poor thing, it doesnt seem like you could have done anything else, i mean... you run out of bags/gbags/boxes, what else can you possibly do? nothing? . I'm sure you did a fine job that day.
<hugs>

Harry778

HSC
Woolies simply play the best music! I'd really like to know who chooses it all.
Here are my favorites:

Explosive-Bond
I am, I feel-Alishas Attic
Just be good to me-Karmah
It's Not Over-Boy Meets Girl (even though I cant find it anywhere)
High-Lighthouse Family
Girls and Boys in love-The Rumble Stripes
Always worth it-Sarah Blasko
Toms Diner-Suzanne Vega
I Saw the sign-Ace of the base
Chewing Gum-Annie
Something that my heart does-The McClymonts
Dy-na-mi-tee-Miss Dynamite
Powerless-Nelly Furtado
B Boy Baby-Amy Winehouse
Limbo Rock
I miss you-Blink 182
Naughty Girl-Holly Valance

Thats all I can think of..lol.

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
I quite like that song too...I bought it on itunes...its called 'Canon in D' by 'Academy of St. Martin in the Fields & Sir Neville Marriner'

Also Played Frequently:
Don't Turn Off The Lights - Enrique Iglesias
Falling - Candice Alley

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)