The Woolworths Thread (6 Viewers)

Mannequin25

HSC
lol speaking of bag policy, i remember last year our store abolished all bags on express. We had no plastic bags at all.......
idk whos bright idea that was, but EPIC FAIL :haha:
We had the local news come in wanting to speak to the store manager lmfao :rofl:

Officially finished my 2IC relief today :(
went out with a bang though, had a woman abuse me for apparently short changing her on smokeshop ($20). She had $100 in her wallet when she came up, blah blah blah. i snapped the drawer 3 times, and it was only $1 over EVERY TIME....i was then accused of taking the money lol. She asked to speak to a supervisor and im like, your speaking to him......she walked off. She came back 20mins later and said she also went through Reg5 and wanted me to check that. Guess what? $20 over.....stupid woman just snatched the money from my hand and walked off.....even though she was adament that she gave it to me on smokeshop and i had stolen it..... :mad1:

Happy Birthday Harry :headbang:

DM Mike

HSC
Whoa. So you dialed 2222 then the landline number, or 3333 and then the mobile number?
On our phones you press the speed button, then 2222, it then lights up the line LED and you get a dial tone...

Dont know if its woolies wide, whether its just our store though...

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
On our phones you press the speed button, then 2222, it then lights up the line LED and you get a dial tone...

Dont know if its woolies wide, whether its just our store though...
Ah. You use the LG Aria phone? So that's the only way you guys can do it, so if you just press the Line buttons they say "Access Deny"?

NNS7

HSC
N/A
My store was similar, pressing a line was blocked, except I discovered that you press speed 2222 then you get an outside line and speed 3333 to get a mobile...

If their blocking it the same way, there may be a code like that you could see if you can find...
That's the same at my store, only service, office and manager aren't blocked.
Most of the phone systems have codes but there are different types depending on the age and location of the store/phone system. If you have a "memory" button mem49, mem30, or mem2 are often outside lines, but as far as i know they are all programmed differently.

HSC
My store is the same, only the cash office and store manager's office phone can get a line out. It's so annoying, especially in an emergency. We had to call police once but no one was in cash office, so the supervisor had to use her mobile.

PyroTek

HSC
My store is the same, only the cash office and store manager's office phone can get a line out. It's so annoying, especially in an emergency. We had to call police once but no one was in cash office, so the supervisor had to use her mobile.
This could be a safety issue. I suggest you talk to your SM about it.
Did i mention that as my time as a Dept Mgr I was put on the safety team? - and am on there permanently now.

HSC
This could be a safety issue. I suggest you talk to your SM about it.
Did i mention that as my time as a Dept Mgr I was put on the safety team? - and am on there permanently now.
I know, everything is so dodgy about the situation. Not only do I work in a really bad area, where stuff like brawls seem to occur on a pretty regular basis, we're not even supposed to have our mobiles with us on the floor. So in the situation that something does get so out of hand again that we need to call the police, our safety, the safety of the customers is really hit or miss because of this stupid rule with the phone.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
how stupid, re:phones

Although most of ours are blocked, manager and cash office have full access, service desk cant call mobiles, which is annoying when trying to replace a shift.

HSC
how stupid, re:phones

Although most of ours are blocked, manager and cash office have full access, service desk cant call mobiles, which is annoying when trying to replace a shift.
Thats pathetic. There are days when we have to ring our entire phone book trying to replace shifts, so to not be able to call/to only call landlines would be impossible.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
and one between each register
OMG

by pressing SPEED and typing in her Store Number.
OMG

---
Phones between registers!!!!!? ..And I didn't realize the store speed dial trick though. Although does explain how my DM once picked up the service desk phone and called another store.
So anybody else know any loopholes for ringing on blocked lines?

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Does anyone know how long it takes before my 'status' changes to PPT so I can get my second discount card? The wowcareers staff discount page says i'm not eligable :( heh

I applied for mine a couple of weeks ago and I am still waiting, but I haven't been asking for it so chances are its hidden away in cash office somewhere.

HSC
I applied for mine a couple of weeks ago and I am still waiting, but I haven't been asking for it so chances are its hidden away in cash office somewhere.
I gave a stack out yesterday and yours wasn't there :(
I'm working on the pile of cards every time I'm in cash office - there are people who started in October last year who have only just got their cards this month because noones been telling them they're there.

bdude

HSC
yeah, for example, registers 9 and 10 are back-to-back, so they share one.
it's mainly so we can call them from the service desk, and to use the p.a function.
we have 25 registers, so it would be hard if we had to keep running around all day telling people to jump off to do stock or go to tea, etc.
We only have 9 and each block has a phone, extensions are just the odd-numbered register i.e. 101,103,105,...

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Thats pathetic. There are days when we have to ring our entire phone book trying to replace shifts, so to not be able to call/to only call landlines would be impossible.
Likewise. That is such a safety issue (not having outside line access at the service desk). I can't believe that the safety and compliance officer hasn't done something about it.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Hmmm, very interesting statement from my SM today:

My Store Manager said:
I believe rules can be broken as long as you don't get caught.
That is inviting SO MUCH trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)