The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Looks nice. Checkout design looks nice.
I was at a Woolworths store in the city today (right next to BigW), the checkout layout was a tiny bit different, but the front is squished, then the store size increases when in the aisles

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
sad thing is i instantly know which store you're talking about :p i believe I bought a mars bar there once.
haha :D - I have not been in many Safeway/Woolworths stores, so I had to go in and buy something hehe. It's strange cause the middle section of the aisles are were the aisles end in our store (which is still a fair size aisle), so the aisles are a little less then half as long compared to my store if that makes sense, not sure if you remember it too well hehe

HSC
Yeah I don't remember it that well, sorry! Just that some lady was taking an entire trolley through self serve and the attendant was going insane at her.

Kind of funny :p

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Yeah I don't remember it that well, sorry! Just that some lady was taking an entire trolley through self serve and the attendant was going insane at her.

Kind of funny :p
AND OMG THEY HAVE 14 SELF SERVES AND WE HAVE 5!!!!
My fucking god I stood there with my jaw stuck to the ground and my friend was just like "um lol so?".
I think it's hard maintaining 5 by myself on a busy day, but jeeze, seven? It's divided into 7 and 7, with 1 attendant per set (pretty sure it was 1 per 7)

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I start 4 weeks 2IC relief on Monday! Makes, like, 12 of the first 17 weeks of this year spent as 2IC! Haha. Lucky me :p

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Oh yeah, yesterday I was in a neibhouring suburb, went through a coles checkout and a women was having trouble getting her CC to swipe.
She goes "hmm are you able to just type it in", and the checkout lady goes "yeah well it will ask me to in a minute", and she ended up typing it in.

Why is Coles so freely able to do this but Woolworths has major restrictions about doing it. And she typed it straight into the machine, not into the POS (even though the POS most likely prompted her to type it in or not)

PyroTek

HSC
I worked 7am-5:30pm :O. Got my 2nd Staff Discount Card though! - And no more work till next tuesday, and then 2 days off again after that!

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Also, at this Woolworths store I visited today (it's a complete refurbished store even rebranded woolworths), the P.A sounded like it was digital, dont know if you have heard digital transmissions or anything, but it sounded like Big W's P.A

bdude

HSC
Oh yeah, yesterday I was in a neibhouring suburb, went through a coles checkout and a women was having trouble getting her CC to swipe.
She goes "hmm are you able to just type it in", and the checkout lady goes "yeah well it will ask me to in a minute", and she ended up typing it in.

Why is Coles so freely able to do this but Woolworths has major restrictions about doing it. And she typed it straight into the machine, not into the POS (even though the POS most likely prompted her to type it in or not)
This is only for "Credit" transactions or gift cards, the option appears if the card fails to read after three swipes.

We used to enter it into the screen but now that they've changed the software for the chip cards it has to go into the PinPad itself for some inexplicable reason.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
This is only for "Credit" transactions or gift cards, the option appears if the card fails to read after three swipes.

We used to enter it into the screen but now that they've changed the software for the chip cards it has to go into the PinPad itself for some inexplicable reason.
How does it know if it is a credit or giftcard? We just have two options then it runs the EFT applications on our POS

Cash - EFT

pressing eft-sale amount pops up EFT box, you actually select "savings/credit/giftcard" etc from your POS?

bdude

HSC
How does it know if it is a credit or giftcard? We just have two options then it runs the EFT applications on our POS

Cash - EFT

pressing eft-sale amount pops up EFT box, you actually select "savings/credit/giftcard" etc from your POS?
Well if you try to push "CHQ" or "SAV" after entering the card number it just says "FUNCTION NOT SUPPORTED" or something like that.

It's weird, since they "upgraded" the firmware, I've had hardly any cards not swipe properly - I don't know how they managed that.

MMacka

HSC
N/A

I think its to do with credit card fraud which is why we can't do it anymore.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, you can blame the not being able to type card numbers in on our store, sorry guys.

A few years back we had people pretending to swipe their own cards, but were in fact entering in card numbers of stolen credit cards. pretty clever really, signatures on the back match, and in those days nobody ever checked the signature slip against the card number.

HSC
Re: Woolworths FAQ- how to get a job

all this talk of credit cards reminds me of something i was meant to ask the other day...so ben/yoddle/townie/harry/anyone else help!

gift card management is in citrix, yess? i couldn't find it the other day, there seems to have been a massive interface change since i last used it and i got confused.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)