The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Of course we have homosexuals in NZ, and I'm sure there are a few at my store, all I was saying was it was a bit awkward for me sitting in the room while this guy was telling us (there were 3 other people in the staff room) about them.

I don't have a problem with homosexuals, I don't really care what they do with each other but I would prefer not to know about it.
If you don't want to know about the homosexuals and feel uncomfortable then why are you on this forum telling us about it? What is the difference between the guy in the tea room talking about it and you coming onto this forum doing the same? Sorry but you can't have it both ways. Don't claim you don't have a problem with it when you don't want to know about it. Its just homophobia hidden behind a mask.

HSC
Mine was pretty ok today actually. I'm not exactly sure if we've got holiday rates today but if so, YAY! Only had one shitty customer today...my second customer of the day. Kinda scolded me for putting heaps of stuff on top of her potatos. It's only a bunch of grapes, woman! PAH. Rest of my dad was pretty good. Finished at 2.30pm yay! Most of my customers were in a pretty good mood though. Area manager was in store today apparently. Only managed to catch one glimpse of him heh. It was like any normal Saturday I feel but the quiet times were quieter than on a normal Saturday. I had times when I had no customers, which was a little weird for me on Saturdays.

HSC
Our area manager was in thursday evening. wowza busy!!

Our store got 100% in the mystery shopper :party: for last month, so our manager is ectastic with us. Work was good tonight :) not too busy, for my first saturday night shift at woolworths in ages.

So keen for next weeks payday

MON: 0800-1500 (WOOOOOOO double time and a half!)
WED: 17:30-21:30

HSC
Would this be asking for too much, I have now been with the woolworths company for nearly two years and people who have been there a shorter time period than me, example four months, Have got lockers, Should I ask for one or atleast be entitled for one?

HSC
^^ killercupcakes, very few chicks in my store have lockers. most of the guys do, but all of ours are taken up by day staff. If there is a locker free then I guess so.

So true. This was exactly like my day as well.
And we had plenty of staff, so overall awesome day =]
unfortunately i can't have those days anymore when my CSM is there because she has banned me from mains (even though my RTW plan says I'm cool on evens for up to half an hour at a time). So my day was mostly smokeshop.

Speaking of smokeshop (sort of), my voids for the last three shifts total are OVER $1400. They are pretty much all smokeshop. Whats the likelihood that thats going to get investigated?
I can explain most of it...but doing reports Wednesday and then tonight I got a bit paranoid.

brookie94

HSC
^^ killercupcakes, very few chicks in my store have lockers. most of the guys do, but all of ours are taken up by day staff. If there is a locker free then I guess so.

unfortunately i can't have those days anymore when my CSM is there because she has banned me from mains (even though my RTW plan says I'm cool on evens for up to half an hour at a time). So my day was mostly smokeshop.

Speaking of smokeshop (sort of), my voids for the last three shifts total are OVER $1400. They are pretty much all smokeshop. Whats the likelihood that thats going to get investigated?
I can explain most of it...but doing reports Wednesday and then tonight I got a bit paranoid.
Faaaark!! Lol how did you get that many voids?! I had like $50 in one shift and all they did was print off a sheet and I had to write why I voided the stuff and tht was it, most of it was because a customer didn't have enough
money to pay for it all so stuff was taken off until she could.

We weren't that busy, just a constant, steady flow with the occasional backup but we had enough checkout staff that it wasn't too much off a problem :) only stress was caused by the stupid supervisor that I wanted to kill. But we won't go into that hahaha

HSC
Faaaark!! Lol how did you get that many voids?! I had like $50 in one shift and all they did was print off a sheet and I had to write why I voided the stuff and tht was it, most of it was because a customer didn't have enough
money to pay for it all so stuff was taken off until she could.
Wednesday, someone wanted to buy $300 worth of giftcards. Tried on her card, got declined. Went to the bank to "sort it out", came back and tried for $250. Also got declined.
So thats $550 in just two transactions.

Thursday was just general smokeshop, then I had to void a $240ish trolley at the end of the night that no one had paid for.

Today, someone asked for a carton of PJ white, we only had five packets left, she got all caught up in the fact that five packets wasn't good enough rarara. So then she decided on a carton of PJ greys, so instead of scanning one carton of greys I quantitied five cartons. So that was another $370ish (I had a REALLY shit day today)
Then just people in smokeshop deciding they don't want Pall Mall cartons, they actually want JPS etc.

Everyone was buying cartons the last few days, wtf. Has there been an influx of money into our area that I'm not aware of?

The majority of my voids are void transactions or smokeshop. Unfortunately, these are the ones that look the most dodgy from a Loss Prevention point of view :(

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
So do you guys have to answer Express call alerts?

I used to but I refuse to now becuase if I'm going on Checkouts every 5 minutes then I'm not getting any of my own work done.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Ha, this is all I told people this morning. We ended up putting them in the freezer.
'tis what we do with almost all our bread every morning... I usually pack a lot faster than the guys can make it, and even with a 5 hr head start on me, I have all the cool bread packed, and have to wait for the hot racks to cool down. Thus we just throw them in the coolroom or freezer.

I love my locker :eek:

Everyone was buying cartons the last few days, wtf. Has there been an influx of money into our area that I'm not aware of?
Stocking up to ensure they don't run out on public holidays :p Derp! Just the same money they would have spent on individual packets the following days anyway lol

So do you guys have to answer Express call alerts?

I used to but I refuse to now becuase if I'm going on Checkouts every 5 minutes then I'm not getting any of my own work done.
Not sure if you *have* to.... but pretty much, if they call me by name, I go.
(For me more often than not, the SM comes and personally asks me to jump on, lol, so I can't exactly argue). And yes it stops me from getting half my work done, REALLY fucks me up when I am the only manager on and have staff who aren't fully trained, and who have no sense of initiative either (i.e. if I am not standing there telling them what to do they will just wander around, touch stuff, look like they are working, but really they're doing fuck all, sigh!)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
They do in our store ;)
Not often, but on occasion... if it's THAT bad. I think the idea is that "anyone" can work in deli so long as they're fresh food trained and have their head screwed on... so if there's someone in deli with checkout numbers it's easier to replace them in deli than not to call them for the express alert. Idk idk.
haha. only one of our staff in deli is only checkout trained. and she doesn't answer to express alerts - they call groceries/perishables/produce/bakery. lol. Plenty of staff there to go around. :p

but I don't know about your sstore, but majority of our staff in deli are no brainers. =/
they do shit all/do it REALLY REALLY SlOWLY!
i doubt thatthey'd want smeone like that on checkouts. I sure hate working with them. ==

But man, if we got everyone from here on BOS and started our own woolies, imagine how good it'd be.. .. everyone on here seems to be hard workers o:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Then just people in smokeshop deciding they don't want Pall Mall cartons, they actually want JPS etc.
:(
Do you sell JPS? People always used to ask for them. They're cheap like Brandon aren't they? Oh i love stereotyping people by their cigarettes.

Dunhill/Styvos/Benson and Hedges = upper class

PJ/Horizon/Holiday = middle class

Longbeach = lower middle class

Choice/Brandon/Pall Mall = lower class

White Ox/Stockmans/Port Royal = bikies with long beards

Camel/Malboro = Europeans of all ages

yoddle

is cool
HSC
haha. only one of our staff in deli is only checkout trained. and she doesn't answer to express alerts - they call groceries/perishables/produce/bakery. lol. Plenty of staff there to go around. :p

but I don't know about your sstore, but majority of our staff in deli are no brainers. =/
they do shit all/do it REALLY REALLY SlOWLY!
i doubt thatthey'd want smeone like that on checkouts. I sure hate working with them. ==

But man, if we got everyone from here on BOS and started our own woolies, imagine how good it'd be.. .. everyone on here seems to be hard workers o:
It is a fact for our store that the majority of deadbeats lie within the Deli.

And once at my old store me and my sister were in doing the shopping and the sole Deli Assistant was so intent on cleaning that after 5 mins i had to purposely run the trolley into the side of the deli to attract his attention.

bdude

HSC
Choice/Brandon/Pall Mall = lower class
haha my aunt smokes Pall Malls and she's fairly upper class. Every time she visits she always bums a cigarette of mum and dad and tries to pay them back with Pall Malls which they just give back to her they're that awful (apparently)

my parents are PJ Gold 30 smokers.

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Would this be asking for too much, I have now been with the woolworths company for nearly two years and people who have been there a shorter time period than me, example four months, Have got lockers, Should I ask for one or atleast be entitled for one?
You are entitled to a locker, and one should be provided to you always.
Under our agreement:

47. LOCKERS
Where practicable, the Company shall provide locker accommodation for each employee.
Lockers, where provided shall be maintained in good working order.

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC
You are entitled to a locker, and one should be provided to you always.
Under our agreement:

47. LOCKERS
Where practicable, the Company shall provide locker accommodation for each employee.
Lockers, where provided shall be maintained in good working order.
Hardly entitlement. It's completely open for store management just to say "it's not practicable".

NNS7

HSC
N/A
you are entitled to one, and definitely ask, when i started at my current store I was told that there were no lockers, and I'm a 2ic who works full time, and then like three months later a new casual who works on checkouts just starts and gets a locker!!! wtf! so I went to the cash office and they were like "yeah there are a few spare" wtf! appaz some ppl had quit or been transferred and some became available, so I'd keep asking, esp if you are working regularly. workplace theft does occur unfortunately and the last thing you need is someone nicking your phone or lunch money, it does happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)