The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Yeah the posts on that one are unbelievably incorrect.

I actually had quite a few customers with that issue, though it was with a different operator each time so maybe it wasn't that many people. All but one person I managed to talk into pressing savings, and the other person paid on another card. There may have been more customers with the issue that the individual operator managed to explain the change to - as they were trained to.
These people are fuckwits. I don't neccessarily agree with the reasons that Woolworths provided, but we are not responsible for issues that you have with your bank.

Also, many of them need to learn to spell.
Omg i'm joining them and writing poisonous wall posts asap. What is the fucking problem? All your money is one account and all that's changed is a button you press. Eurgh! This one guy held up his DEBIT card in my face and was like "THIS. IS. A. CREDIT. CARD." I was like, "just trust me, press cheque, it will work!"

has there been training on this? nothing had been mentioned to us by anyone, and the only information ive found was a FAQ sheet in the register drawer. lucky i was sort of aware what was going on and i could partially explain it, but i know most of operators wouldn't have a clue....
Omg yes. No one knew it was happening. My store is SHIT at communicating anything new. Doesn't help when the CSM isn't here thu-fri-sat-sun-mon. I took it upon myself to get the FAQ sheets which had been stuffed in some drawer and put them in all the registers to give to customers.

Work in an hour. Mehme.

Harry778

HSC
Omg i'm joining them and writing poisonous wall posts asap. What is the fucking problem? All your money is one account and all that's changed is a button you press. Eurgh! This one guy held up his DEBIT card in my face and was like "THIS. IS. A. CREDIT. CARD." I was like, "just trust me, press cheque, it will work!"
YES please do. It annoys me that people think its such a big deal. I mean they look at it and go, ZOMG Woolworths are big meanies so lets exaggerate at stupid amount to make them look like a big bad company. Which is what happens everytime we do something. One woman said to me the other day "I havent seen any of the shelf prices go down" I just said uhmm its only been 2 days since we started doing it?

Closing tonight so excited! Its been soooo long haha.

HSC

Omg yes. No one knew it was happening. My store is SHIT at communicating anything new. Doesn't help when the CSM isn't here thu-fri-sat-sun-mon. I took it upon myself to get the FAQ sheets which had been stuffed in some drawer and put them in all the registers to give to customers.

Work in an hour. Mehme.
I'd like to add to what you said on that page, but I don't want to look a zillion times less intelligent than you.
Also, CBA Debit customers do not get charged for pressing savings - I checked.

BSammy

HSC
Ugh, someone sent a letter to the local paper about it, so we've had so many phone calls today.

"Do you guys still accept credit? I"M CONFUSED!@!!!"

Terrible.

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
So do the CHQ and SAV buttons act as the exact same thing in this case now?
Yes. Whether they press chq or sav the system knows that physically there is only one account attached to that card, so it doesn't matter which button they press. Unlike an ATM card where the customer may have a cheque and savings account on the one card....as I do.

I truly do believe Woolworths is doing the consumer a favour by deleting the credit button for them to choose from. Because it does cost an additional fee to use a credit card, no matter where you shop. Some stores will actually tell you in advance that there will be a 1% - 4% additional charge to use a credit card.

As I said in a previous post, it's their money so there's no point hitting credit. They just use it like an ATM card. If their bank is charging them extra, then that's an issue they need to take up with the bank, not Woolworths.

NNS7

HSC
N/A
Yes. Whether they press chq or sav the system knows that physically there is only one account attached to that card, so it doesn't matter which button they press. Unlike an ATM card where the customer may have a cheque and savings account on the one card....as I do.

I truly do believe Woolworths is doing the consumer a favour by deleting the credit button for them to choose from. Because it does cost an additional fee to use a credit card, no matter where you shop. Some stores will actually tell you in advance that there will be a 1% - 4% additional charge to use a credit card.

As I said in a previous post, it's their money so there's no point hitting credit. They just use it like an ATM card. If their bank is charging them extra, then that's an issue they need to take up with the bank, not Woolworths.
While that's all true, the thing that many banks do though, is charge customers per eftpos transaction eg. you get 6 free a month and then you have to pay a fee if you exceed that limit. credit transactions were free, that's why customers liked using them. I'm a bit annoyed about the changes as I have a visa debit card and used to use it all the time for everything, usually at least 3 transactions a day at my store! now i'm going to have to carry more cash, and pay more bank fees which i'm not that happy about. cash is easy to spend for those who like to shop! :D

bdude

HSC
While that's all true, the thing that many banks do though, is charge customers per eftpos transaction eg. you get 6 free a month and then you have to pay a fee if you exceed that limit. credit transactions were free, that's why customers liked using them. I'm a bit annoyed about the changes as I have a visa debit card and used to use it all the time for everything, usually at least 3 transactions a day at my store! now i'm going to have to carry more cash, and pay more bank fees which i'm not that happy about. cash is easy to spend for those who like to shop! :D
Make sure you complain to your bank then.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
me on Boycott Woolworths fb said:
The reason Woolies is no longer accepting the signature feature is that is is the case - and has always been the case - that the banks are charging Woolworths significant amounts of money to have this feature. Why should Woolworths have to carry the cost of a transaction which is the responsibility of the bank?

The banks know this, and expressly tell their customers to press the credit button instead of CHQ/SAV, as they know that it passes the charge to Woolworths. You think Woolworths charges too much? Take a look at your bank fees, idiots, and then think again.

And at the end of the day, if you really are concerned with having to remember *another* 4 digit PIN (which, by the way, you can change easily to something which you WILL remember), use your credit card.
I got angry heh

PyroTek

HSC
One customer once was like "What's with woolworths not taking credit cards anymore?"
I'm like "woolworths practically lives off credit cards, that's absurd"

Another day doing back dock AND meat. Had a great sleep this afternoon after work (Cause i REALLY didn't get home at 4am from being out, for a 7am start *cough*)

HSC
Absolute best part of my day though today, I sold some aboriginal guy two lighters. I picked up the first two in the tray, they were those gross brown coloured ones. After I took them back to the counter he threw them at me and called me a racist. Made my day.
:p

PyroTek

HSC
This is an issue here...
That's a champion effort, babikakes :D
But the debate is, who is more racist? The one who does something wrong by someone of another race (accidentally or with purpose)? or the one who says "Is it because I'm black?!"

HSC
This is an issue here...
That's a champion effort, babikakes :D
But the debate is, who is more racist? The one who does something wrong by someone of another race (accidentally or with purpose)? or the one who says "Is it because I'm black?!"
I honestly did not do it on purpose. First two lighters in the tray, like I said. Am I supposed to carefully screen customers to decide the colour lighter to best suit their needs?
But I won't get into a debate on racism here, because I have A LOT of opinions, not all of them favourable.

Boycott Woolworths because (insert my store number here)'s smokeshop operator is a racist bitch.
Now thats a facebook group I'd join ;)

Last edited:

ekul444

HSC
N/A
lol i had this guy try to use his debit card with credit. i try to explain to him that he can press CHQ/SAV and he holds the card upto my face and goes "this is a credit card". i point out to him the massive DEBIT across the front of the card and tell him that its a debit card and pressing CHQ/SAV is fine. i explain to him why banks tell him to press CR etc. he then claims he doesnt have a pin, whinges and complains and eventually decides to pay cash before storming out, claiming he well never shop here again. yeah right mate.
i also saw one incident when a poor operator couldn't deal with an angry customer, so the CSM runs over there and has a pretty heated 'discussion' with the customer. CSM came away looking very angry.

in good news we gave away every last box of bloody ferrero rochers and depsite being 7 staff short (when i arrived at 7.30am we were already 5 down!!) and got totally destroyed all day (think a 20m line to a single express line & a massive crush at big registers) we apparently had no complaints and no dumped trolleys. wow :p

iMatthew

Woolworthian
HSC
Raped today. We also sold out on those chocloates, but our staff didnt realise there was redemptions on them, so a lot of people walked away with none after we had ran out.
Major staff shortage also.
Customer called up tonight RAGED, wanting to speak to the store manager. She was furious at our CSM, apparantly she was rude to her (the customer) today, haahha. Wonder how that pans out.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
On fb it's like "babikakez commented on your wall post" but then there's not?

What's this about chocolate? We were pretty quiet yesterday, and we had the equivalent of a smokeshop operator, because one woman hurt her thumb and was on light duties, so she still came to work but was also replaced. It was so cool. Except we were like the Centerlink waiting room with thumb, another operator fake limping everywhere and the duty manager caned her legs in netball.

Ummm I really hate those people who are like "am i the only one who does any work around here!?!?!" but can I just say that after more than a week of not getting delivered any coke, sprite or mt franklin i was the only one who thought maybe to check the counts? Which were of course completely out. Grrr.

38 hours next week for my last full week! Woot.
Wed: 3.15-9.15 sup
Thu: 10-7 op
Fri: 12.15-9.15 sup
Sat: 10.15-7.15 sup
Sun: 7-4 sup

Harry778

HSC
hahaaa last night was fun. Got evacuated at 6.30ish..was so coldd! Went back in half an hour later. There was so much stock!! Didnt get out till 1am -_-

Other than it was pretty awesome! Starting at 1.30 today yew!

HSC
On fb it's like "babikakez commented on your wall post" but then there's not?

What's this about chocolate? We were pretty quiet yesterday, and we had the equivalent of a smokeshop operator, because one woman hurt her thumb and was on light duties, so she still came to work but was also replaced. It was so cool. Except we were like the Centerlink waiting room with thumb, another operator fake limping everywhere and the duty manager caned her legs in netball.

Ummm I really hate those people who are like "am i the only one who does any work around here!?!?!" but can I just say that after more than a week of not getting delivered any coke, sprite or mt franklin i was the only one who thought maybe to check the counts? Which were of course completely out. Grrr.

38 hours next week for my last full week! Woot.
Wed: 3.15-9.15 sup
Thu: 10-7 op
Fri: 12.15-9.15 sup
Sat: 10.15-7.15 sup
Sun: 7-4 sup
I did comment on it, but then I quickly deleted it coz I sounded pretty much retarded, and yeah townie had pretty much said what I was going to say with a little more eloquence.
BTW some people on there REALLY don't like you, I lol'd at "Mr Woolies PR" and "I bet he's secretely the CEO". Its funny.

The chocolates were an EDR promotion - spend $100 with a registered card (excluding credit, cigs, alcohol, gift cards) and get a free box of Ferrero Rochers. We ran out around 2pmish, and only gave the raincheck forms to people who asked.
I didn't give any out, I was in smokes/express all day bar one transaction when an operator wanted to get some panadol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)